Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440378 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7075 on: December 11, 2022, 11:18:41 AM »
Now now, Dogmush, you know better than this.

You ALWAYS question THEIR science, and basically reject it out of hand, but you NEVER question "our" science, and accept it as absolute gospel.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7076 on: December 11, 2022, 12:35:51 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7077 on: December 11, 2022, 10:19:00 PM »
Died with the vaccine, or died from the vaccine?

Couldn't resist.

Also, not to be a debunker of propaganda, but that scary chart that the SGT Report made from data they "stumbled upon"? The one that shows excess deaths peaking between week 30 and week 40 of 2021, and then blames the COVID-19 "injection"?  You know what else peaked in Jul-Oct of 2021?  Yeah, COVID cases.  https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_weeklycases_totalcasesper100k_00

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that COVID is the plague, or that the vaccines were everything they were claimed to be.  I'll not defend any mandate, it always should have been a person's choice.  But if you are going to claim that half a miliion Americans died as a result of the vaccine, you are going to need some real data, not an infowars-lite that's hypothesis can be dunked on in 25 seconds of looking at a chart.  you will also need to do better than a #diedsuddenly trending post.  Low thought confirmation bias of stats and poor decision making is what got us into this mess.  Don't continue it.

Unless you have some evidence that the vaccines are singling out a national, racial, religious, or ethnic group, never.
Yep, just statistics at this point.  Not hard proof.  Like a lot of bits of information that have come out over the last two years, we will see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7078 on: December 11, 2022, 10:22:13 PM »
Question for y'all:  I have occasionally heard a few people comment that "officials" or govt people mostly don't have their own families/children vaccinated.  I have seen any hard information on this.  Have any of you?  I just assume it is gossip/rumor without better information. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7079 on: December 11, 2022, 11:07:48 PM »
"Autoimmune Reaction."
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7080 on: December 11, 2022, 11:24:20 PM »
Question for y'all:  I have occasionally heard a few people comment that "officials" or govt people mostly don't have their own families/children vaccinated.  I have seen any hard information on this.  Have any of you?  I just assume it is gossip/rumor without better information.

How would anybody get accurate information about that one way or the other?  I'm pretty sure it would be protected health information rather than public health info.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7081 on: December 12, 2022, 09:14:35 AM »
That is a good question.  I have just heard that more than a few times so I thought I would ask if anyone had seen something concrete. 

I figure if someone in power didn't want to take it, it would probably be easy to arrange a saline shot. 

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7082 on: December 12, 2022, 10:45:24 AM »
St. Louis still has the data page up...

ZOMG! It's... Not huge...

I'm guessing that they've mostly run out of the low hanging fruit...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7084 on: December 13, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »
Misinformation = "Not the official propaganda"
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7085 on: December 14, 2022, 10:42:56 AM »
Science!
Their out of their arse theory is that people who refuse to get the vaccine are more likely to ignore traffic laws and thus are 72% more likely to be involved in a serious accident.

If you passed on getting the COVID vaccine, you might be a lot more likely to get into a car crash.

Or at least those are the findings of a new study published this month in The American Journal of Medicine. During the summer of 2021, Canadian researchers examined the encrypted government-held records of more than 11 million adults, 16% of whom hadn’t received the COVID vaccine.

They found that the unvaccinated people were 72% more likely to be involved in a severe traffic crash—in which at least one person was transported to the hospital—than those who were vaccinated. That’s similar to the increased risk of car crashes for people with sleep apnea, though only about half that of people who abuse alcohol, researchers found.

The excess risk of car crash posed by unvaccinated drivers “exceeds the safety gains from modern automobile engineering advances and also imposes risks on other road users,” the authors wrote.

And the cherry on top of this BS sundae

First responders may also consider taking precautions to protect themselves from COVID when responding to traffic crashes, the authors added, as it’s more likely that a driver is unvaccinated than vaccinated.

“The findings suggest that unvaccinated adults need to be careful indoors with other people and outside with surrounding traffic,” the authors concluded.
People who skipped their COVID vaccine are at higher risk of traffic accidents, according to a new study
https://fortune.com/well/2022/12/13/covid-unvaccinated-greater-risk-car-crash-traffic-accident-new-study-says-canada-government-records-pfizer-moderna/

Proof that with a little "tweaking"  of the data then adding a large dose of your religiously held narrative you can make a "study" say anything you want.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:57:30 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7086 on: December 14, 2022, 10:59:34 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7088 on: December 14, 2022, 11:18:27 AM »
People who are driving are more likely to not be patients in a long-term care facility.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7089 on: December 14, 2022, 12:52:18 PM »
That is outdated logic in the article.  Since the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting COVID or passing it on, the vaccination status of a potential EMT patient is meaningless.  There is a significant risk no matter who they are treating. 

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7090 on: December 14, 2022, 10:43:00 PM »
What I heard about that "study" was that the unvaxxed are more likely to ignore "normal" safety precautions.  It's like the way so many people are driving shortly before dusk with no lights on their vehicles lit up.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7091 on: December 15, 2022, 12:10:53 AM »
People who are driving are more likely to not be patients in a long-term care facility.

People who are driving are more likely to be involved in motor vehicle accidents than people who are not driving.

Most people drink water at some time in their lives. Most people die. Ergo: water causes death.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #7093 on: December 21, 2022, 08:37:04 PM »
So the numbers have been available for quite some time, but it's now becoming politically possible to admit that the vaccines are effective in the range of 50%. I define politically possible by what CNN publishes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/health/vaccine-effectiveness-bivalent-boosters-cdc/index.html

I remember in the early pandemic, the Chinese and Russian vaccines were mocked for being only 60% effective compared to the "95%" of the mRNA vaccines. But now it's no longer misinformation that they are actually 50-60%. This makes you wonder, were the Chinese numbers actually more accurate, actually less fudged than the US numbers? Is it to the point where we actually trust Chinese medical data over western in some cases? Food for thought.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7094 on: December 21, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »
Or were they more effective against the earlier strains?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #7095 on: December 22, 2022, 10:59:17 AM »
Or were they more effective against the earlier strains?
Did you read the article or something? :police:
The authors of the new study say people should realize that the Covid-19 vaccines are no longer more than 90% protective against symptomatic infections, as they were when they were first introduced in 2020.

“Unfortunately, the 90% to 100% protection was what we saw during like pre-Delta time. And so with Delta, we saw it drop into the 70% range, and then for Omicron, we saw it drop even lower, to the 50% range.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7096 on: December 22, 2022, 11:27:04 AM »
So here's an interesting data point:

The Surgeon General popped up on my twitter feed yesterday imploring people to get boosted for the holidays, which reminded me that I hadn't even been tracking the current CDC recommendations for COVID shots.  Unlike Bogie's AO, Tampa still has some folks voluntarily masking, but otherwise we're done with it. 

Anyways, CDC says that you should definitely get the new bivalent (? didn't know we had a new one) mRNA shot if you haven't gotten one yet, or if your last bivalent booster was more than 2 months ago.  I mentioned that to my liberal, RN, works at a very full hospital wife (Who did got the bivalent shot in Sep, apparently) looked at that and was like "No way am I getting a booster every 2 months. 6 Months MAYBE, Probably once a year."

When you've lost the liberal, female, healthcare workers, you've lost the population.

I told her that unless it was required of me, or the vaccine/COVID risk profile for my age and health changed drastically I didn't see myself getting another booster, and she agreed that made sense, which is another large shift in opinion.

I wonder how much that is regionally affected.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7097 on: December 22, 2022, 11:34:49 AM »

"Or are they just getting a saline injection?"</paranoia>

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7098 on: December 22, 2022, 11:41:25 AM »
"Or are they just getting a saline injection?"</paranoia>

Cynical me would say, "They might as well, if they believe they are getting the real thing it is probably just as effective."

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7099 on: December 22, 2022, 12:12:45 PM »
As a general observation on plague politics, the Left was right about one thing: political science is more important than medical science. We think we're dunking on them when we accuse them of "following the political science; not the medical science." But they were right.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife