Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446033 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7150 on: February 03, 2023, 02:23:09 PM »
My sense of smell is starting to come back already, although I know it might be weeks or months before it's back to normal.  I went to the grocery store yesterday to buy some loss leaders that were marked way down (of course they were out) and there was a barbecue trailer parked outside the entrance.  I could smell the ribs they were cooking.  It was faint, but it was there.  So glad it was something pleasant, not a dog fart or a skunk or rotten garbage.
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7151 on: February 03, 2023, 03:15:55 PM »
My understanding is it's cancelled in May. The writers have a couple months to tie up any loose plot points.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7152 on: February 04, 2023, 01:41:05 PM »
My understanding is it's cancelled in May.

Didja check the Supreme Court calendar?   >:D
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7153 on: February 04, 2023, 03:06:45 PM »
Didja check the Supreme Court calendar?   >:D
Are you talking about the SC releasing decisions or is there something else you just want to hint about?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7154 on: February 04, 2023, 03:10:47 PM »
Are you talking about the SC releasing decisions or is there something else you just want to hint about?
I think he was referencing Biden’s “you can have my covid emergency when the Supreme Court takes it from my cold, dead, who are you again?” comment.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #7155 on: February 06, 2023, 01:28:05 AM »
I think he was referencing Biden’s “you can have my covid emergency when the Supreme Court takes it from my cold, dead, who are you again?” comment.

Cordex got it.   :rofl:

Terry'd to add (in case anyone else missed it): 
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-supreme-court-end-covid-110506060.html
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7156 on: February 06, 2023, 09:45:59 AM »
Thanks.  I had not see that story. 

President Biden on Jan. 31 said his administration extended the covid emergency to May to “make sure we get everything done.”
Get what done?  I am sure it is all for our benefit and above board.    =(
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7157 on: February 06, 2023, 05:14:46 PM »
The first three months of fiscal 2023 saw a drop in routine pediatric vaccination levels from 64.5% a year ago to 59.2%, a five-point drop. The rates were “negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic among other factors,” as the report blandly puts it.
But what we’re seeing now, particularly in New York City, seems to be something different. As the linked editorial points out, despite continued protestations by health officials, the government got a great number of things wrong at the outset of the pandemic. And even after further research proved them wrong, they lied about many things repeatedly. This issue goes far beyond just vaccines to include policies regarding masking, social distancing, and the safety or efficacy of lockdowns.

In short, as the Post puts it, public health officials have “completely wrecked” their credibility on medical issues in general and vaccines in particular. At this point, if the government is attempting to force people to have any sort of medical procedure, particularly when it comes to children, there is obviously going to be some increased pushback being observed.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/02/06/nyc-child-vaccination-rates-for-all-vaccines-have-plummeted-n528677
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7158 on: February 06, 2023, 05:54:07 PM »
But what we’re seeing now, particularly in New York City, seems to be something different. As the linked editorial points out, despite continued protestations by health officials, the government got a great number of things wrong at the outset of the pandemic. And even after further research proved them wrong, they lied about many things repeatedly. This issue goes far beyond just vaccines to include policies regarding masking, social distancing, and the safety or efficacy of lockdowns.

In short, as the Post puts it, public health officials have “completely wrecked” their credibility on medical issues in general and vaccines in particular. At this point, if the government is attempting to force people to have any sort of medical procedure, particularly when it comes to children, there is obviously going to be some increased pushback being observed.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/02/06/nyc-child-vaccination-rates-for-all-vaccines-have-plummeted-n528677

It's the perfect time to let millions of people of unknow health into the country. Perfect storm. Our enemies might not need to fire a shot.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #7159 on: February 07, 2023, 04:02:08 AM »
Thanks.  I had not see that story. 

Did you also note his umbrella grab?   =D

Get what done?  I am sure it is all for our benefit and above board.    =(

Of course it is!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7160 on: February 07, 2023, 05:46:18 PM »
Took some food and flu medicine Saturday to my daughter who has COVID and now I'm starting to feel like I'm coming down with something.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7161 on: February 07, 2023, 10:33:21 PM »
Just checked the St. Louis City covid page...

19 deaths attributed to the bug in the past three months.

I'm MUCH more worried about lead poisoning.
Blog under construction

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7162 on: February 07, 2023, 10:37:27 PM »
Just checked the St. Louis City covid page...

19 deaths attributed to the bug in the past three months.

I'm MUCH more worried about lead poisoning.

I mean, yea, it's St. Louis.  Put two zeros after it, and I'd still be more worried about lead poisoning  :laugh:

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7163 on: February 10, 2023, 06:53:00 AM »
Hospitals, etc., are still masking like someone owns stock in the mask companies... I had to visit someone at Barnes, probably one of the largest in the country, yesterday. It was basically a day-long exercise.

Actually saw lots of chin masks. Quite a few improperly worn. But hey... People are tired of the covid theater...

But I got to thinking.

Back when I was doing the Synergicare thing, I saw that hospitals, etc., track the heck out of nosocomial infections.

One would think that if masking lowered hospital-borne bug transfer, someone would have been crowing about it. You know, like how there was a huge uproar about how concealed carry increased... it does increase, right? Right? You know, all those high-noon Dodge City shootings in the street and blood in the gutters? Oh... Nevermind...
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7164 on: February 10, 2023, 11:20:10 AM »
While I won’t be surprised if ER’s, urgent cares, etc continue to mask forever just to cut down on transmission of any respiratory illness, other settings like my neurologist, the chiropractor, etc should be released from the requirement to mask.  For the most part people with respiratory illnesses don’t go to such places anyway until they’ve recovered.  So the risk really is no different than (and probably lower than) the grocery store.

When I was in the hospital for DBS surgery I was maskless for most of the time.  Some of it I had to be.  Hard for the anesthesiologist to do their job if I’m masked.  But when I was in my ICU room I basically didn’t wear it.  Until they were ready to wheel me out for discharge nobody cared much. 

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7165 on: February 10, 2023, 07:05:20 PM »

We've been to 4 different hospitals/clinics in the last week or so.  Each one of them has a large sign stating masks are required.

Less than 50% of the employees wore a mask.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7166 on: February 10, 2023, 07:18:49 PM »
We went through a few months where local hospitals weren’t requiring them, but that passed pretty quickly.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7167 on: February 14, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »
This just in: Cochrane analysis of masks and handwashing on respiratory viruses:

https://www.cochrane.org/CD006207/ARI_do-physical-measures-such-hand-washing-or-wearing-masks-stop-or-slow-down-spread-respiratory-viruses

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

There are some limitations to the study as discussed, but the findings summary is

Key messages
We are uncertain whether wearing masks or N95/P2 respirators helps to slow the spread of respiratory viruses based on the studies we assessed.

Hand hygiene programmes may help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7168 on: February 15, 2023, 10:17:51 AM »
How do these studies compare to the studies that drove mandatory masking?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7169 on: February 17, 2023, 09:00:53 AM »
The Navy has lifted Covid vaccine mandates. I've been seeing quite a bit regarding the military relaxing or eliminating the mandate depending on circumstances. I'm curious if military members that were kicked out during the mandate will have any recourse at this point?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-navy-lifts-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-for-sailor-deployment_5064741.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7170 on: February 18, 2023, 07:57:44 AM »
It wasn't the Navy, it was the whole DOD. Memo came out a while back that it was no longer mandated,  and to immediately stop work on any separation packets or exemption requests related to the vaccine mandate. Additionally if there was any memorandum of reprimand  that was solely related to the vaccine refusal, it is supposed to be removed from the service members file.

As far as the folks that were actually separated and are now civilians it's going to depend on how exactly they were put out and other details (like their age, medical status, and MOS strength, among others) if they can get back in. My understanding is that the official reason for separation was failing to follow a lawful order, which normally comes with a bar to reenlistment. If that is the case they'd need to request getting that removed from their 214 first.  I haven't seen an offical policy on any of that yet.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7172 on: February 19, 2023, 10:27:43 AM »
NBC news as well. 

Immunity acquired from a Covid infection is as protective as vaccination against severe illness and death, study finds
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/natural-immunity-protective-covid-vaccine-severe-illness-rcna71027

Another example of the news saying something that would get you banned off social media not too long ago.  How many studies showed the opposite?

The last 2 or 3 years have been a big lesson in how much we should trust the Govt....especially when they are in bed with big corporations.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7173 on: February 19, 2023, 10:31:55 AM »

The last 2 or 3 years have been a big lesson in how much trust the Govt deserves.

Indeed. Lives and reputations were destroyed for people stating "no duh" facts like natural immunity is a thing, and covid19 started in a lab. Elderly people died alone. People yelled and screamed at each other over masking. Friendships and even families were destroyed over covid hysteria.

Now it's all, "Nevermind, our bad. Only extremists are upset about it. Ha ha ha".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7174 on: February 19, 2023, 10:42:21 AM »

Another example of the news saying something that would get you banned off social media not too long ago.  How many studies showed the opposite?

Or is this an example of additional research yielding additional information that was not apparent a few years back?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.