Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 446939 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7225 on: February 26, 2023, 03:33:00 PM »
The US Government now appears to be going with "lab leak".

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-origin-china-lab-leak-807b7b0a
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/26/comfortably-smug-wallops-media-who-smeared-the-right-for-knowing-covid-was-a-lab-leak-in-brutal-thread/

Looking at the statements at the twitchy link from when it was a "conspiracy theory" is kinda infuriating.

Particularly good example from the Editor in Chief at Scientific American (not a real science publication). "Heroic and urgent":

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7226 on: February 26, 2023, 09:17:39 PM »
At first I thought 'what expertise does the Energy Department have in biology' but the WSJ article points out they run various national labs.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7227 on: February 26, 2023, 10:37:21 PM »
Ivermectin sucks as an antiviral in advanced cases.

But... This isn't that hard...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35070575/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34573986/

https://www.cureus.com/articles/111851-regular-use-of-ivermectin-as-prophylaxis-for-covid-19-led-up-to-a-92-reduction-in-covid-19-mortality-rate-in-a-dose-response-manner-results-of-a-prospective-observational-study-of-a-strictly-controlled-population-of-88012-subjects#!/

Most of what I'm seeing (in a rather cursory search, since I'm tired as hell and need to sleep so I can deal with people tomorrow) seems to say that "it seems to do something."

Which is better than nothing. And with few adverse effects, unlike the antivirals...

Most of the negative press I've seen has been akin to "Why do you have that fire extinguisher in your house? It won't save you if your whole house is on fire."
Blog under construction

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7228 on: February 27, 2023, 12:57:01 PM »
^^^I hope the DOD is either doing or funding research on ivermectin as treatment or prophylaxis to come up with definitive proof of efficacy. It occurs to me that the US military would have interest in a cheap, widely available drug to help maintain readiness, like using Mefloquine for malaria prophylaxis.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7230 on: March 01, 2023, 01:40:43 PM »
The US Government now appears to be going with "lab leak".

It sounds like the USA needs to get compensation from China.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7231 on: March 01, 2023, 03:07:53 PM »
It sounds like the USA needs to get compensation from China.

Brandon:  "President Xi, here's a trillion dollars to atone for our country being so damaged by your benevolent Covid-19 virus.  Please, may we have another?  I promise we will do better next time."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7232 on: March 02, 2023, 03:50:59 PM »
Biden wants $1.6 billion to use to recover funds that went to fraudulent covid relief claims. We'd probably be better off investing the $1.6 billion in revolving six month T-Bills and recovering the money that way.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/03/02/great-news-biden-set-to-ask-congress-for-1-6-billion-in-taxpayer-money-to-fight-covid-relief-fraud/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7233 on: March 06, 2023, 10:24:24 AM »
Fauci and the dems who kept this hidden need to be in prison if true

Dr. Anthony Fauci commissioned a February 2020 paper to disprove the possibility that COVID originated in a lab — only to pretend he nothing to do with the study at a White House news conference weeks later.

Newly-released emails uncovered by House Republicans probing the COVID-19 pandemic show the former head of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases both commissioned and had final approval on a scientific paper which claimed it was 'improbable' that the virus leaked out of a lab in Wuhan, China.

Just a few weeks later, he stood next to then-President Donald Trump at a press conference and cited that very paper as evidence that the idea of a lab leak was implausible - and said he did not know the authors, despite sitting down with them days before.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11824905/Emails-Dr-Fauci-commissioned-February-2020-paper-disprove-COVID-leaked-Wuhan-lab.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7234 on: March 06, 2023, 11:05:24 AM »
Fauci and the dems who kept this hidden need to be in prison if true

I'd be OK with execution after a proper trial in this case. Amounts to treason in my book.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7235 on: March 06, 2023, 11:09:24 AM »
More
    NEW – CNN ex-boss Jeff Zucker reportedly "ordered" staff not to probe COVID lab leak theory because it was a Trump talking point.https://t.co/J7dVVHGVgH

— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) March 6, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/06/gets-worse-cnn-ex-boss-jeff-zucker-ordered-staff-not-to-probe-covid-lab-leak-theory-because-of-trump/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 06:18:05 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7237 on: March 06, 2023, 11:42:04 PM »
We need the biggest woodchipper ever built.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7238 on: March 07, 2023, 12:11:49 AM »
I'd be OK with execution after a proper trial in this case. Amounts to treason in my book.

I don't think it's treason; that's rather specific.  Crimes against humanity, maybe?
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7239 on: March 07, 2023, 11:19:52 AM »
And NOTHING will come of this, because there won't be news coverage outside of the "conspiracy" channels. And the folks who are still wearing masks and gloves will keep going full Karen on those around them.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7240 on: March 10, 2023, 11:32:54 AM »
Wow, they didn't even vote 100% in 1941 to declare war on Japan. 388-1

House votes 419-0 to force Biden administration to declassify ALL information about COVID origins and the Wuhan lab leaks: Bill now heads to President's desk
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11845001/House-votes-419-0-declassify-information-COVID-origins.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7241 on: March 10, 2023, 11:37:41 AM »
"Wow, they didn't even vote 100% in 1941 to declare war on Japan. 388-1"

Jeanette Rankin.

She was the only person to vote against US entry into World War I and the war against Japan. When she cast her vote she was booed and hissed on the House floor.

When the declaration of war was voted against Germany members of both parties convinced her to abstain so that the vote would be unanimous.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7242 on: March 10, 2023, 11:42:02 AM »
"Wow, they didn't even vote 100% in 1941 to declare war on Japan. 388-1"

Jeanette Rankin.

She was the only person to vote against US entry into World War I and the war against Japan. When she cast her vote she was booed and hissed on the House floor.

When the declaration of war was voted against Germany members of both parties convinced her to abstain so that the vote would be unanimous.

She also voted against declaring war in the 1st WW. she wasn't quite so alone in that though. 373-50
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7243 on: March 10, 2023, 11:43:41 AM »
She also voted against declaring war in the 1st WW. she wasn't quite so alone in that though. 373-50

Yeah... that's what I said. Read my post again, Mr. Observant. :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7244 on: March 10, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »
Yeah... that's what I said. Read my post again, Mr. Observant. :rofl:

I blame a cat distracting me.
No really

That and going back and forth between too many open tabs
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #7245 on: March 10, 2023, 12:38:12 PM »
Has anyone even caught Covid lately? 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7246 on: March 10, 2023, 12:47:20 PM »
Has anyone even caught Covid lately?

My daughter a couple of months ago.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 08:17:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7247 on: March 10, 2023, 02:01:47 PM »
My niece two weeks ago.  Weird what with all the precautions Mordor on the Potomac is still enforcing.   >:D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7248 on: March 10, 2023, 03:04:36 PM »
I wouldn't even know how you would come up with a current number. I guess it depends on where you live, but even the commie media here isn't running stories about getting tested or anything anymore.

There's a good chance a bunch of people are getting milder covid with cold-like symptoms and calling it a cold. Or they might just have a cold. Without the overzealous testing, who knows?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7249 on: March 10, 2023, 03:13:34 PM »
I wouldn't even know how you would come up with a current number. I guess it depends on where you live, but even the commie media here isn't running stories about getting tested or anything anymore.

There's a good chance a bunch of people are getting milder covid with cold-like symptoms and calling it a cold. Or they might just have a cold. Without the overzealous testing, who knows?

I think a lot of state and county governments still publish numbers online. My county is currently reporting an average of 89 new cases per day.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife