Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 447169 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7550 on: February 25, 2024, 01:28:35 PM »
Kframe's norovirus thread reminded me of this: It's completely unscientific, and I'm my only data point, but after getting the OG covid19 back in 2019 (and a fairly potent case of it), I've simply had no illness of any consequence. I used to, like clockwork, get at least a couple of bad colds a year that would last a good week and knock me down. Since the OG, I've not had a single "real" cold. I can't help but think my natural immunity to the covid19 is protecting me against other covid forms. I've never taken a vaccine.

I've had a few instances where I felt like a cold was coming on, but at the most I took an airborne and Emergen-C cocktail, and maybe some night time Theraflu, and the next day was back to at least 90% if not 100%. I think one time it might have taken two days, but no entire weeks like before. Also, I'm currently in physical therapy, and about ten days ago when I was in, pretty much the entire staff there was sick. Sneezing, coughing, the works. I was actually kinda pissed off thinking I'd be getting sick for sure. Sure enough, a few days later I felt a tickle in my nose and what would normally be the beginning of something, but I took the cocktail and the next morning was fit as a fiddle.

Without more data, the null hypothesis would say "coincidence", but unscientifically, I can't help but think there's something to it.

Ben - here's another anecdotal story for your "data points".
There were times between October and March when I would start off with a sinus "headache" and pressure that would advance to post-nasal drip.  That led to a hot & scratchy & burning sore throat, and finally upper chest congestion.  That could last from two to 6 weeks unless I caught it early.  At the first sign, I would start gargling with hot salt water, as hot and salty as I could stand it.  Doing that at the very beginning kept to no more than 7 days.  I almost never had a fever and the few times I did it never went over 100.
Add to that, I have never had a flu shot nor has any doctor ever diagnosed me as having HAD the flu.  I don't remember as a child or teen that I ever had a high fever that might indicate the flu either.
And K Frame, the only times I ever wore a mask in the last 3 years is when absolutely forced to when either I went to a doctor for some physical ailment OR took my elderly parent to their doctor.  And THAT came off as soon as we were in the treatment room.
*snicker* One time I was going into a WalFart when this young male employee standing outside tried to tell me it was "the law" to wear the mask.  Despite the fact that this "kid" was over 6' and 250 lbs (compared to my 5'7" and 225 lbs.), I turned on him and had him backed in the corner when I "forcefully" reminded him that it was NOT the "law" but an illegal dictate from the bloated pig of a governor (Prickster) using 30 day "emergency orders" to rule and circumvent the legislature.
I went on in - mask-less.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7551 on: February 25, 2024, 07:16:23 PM »
I work with a fellow who is a devout follower of CNN...

I enjoy bringing up stuff like "real science" with him.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7552 on: March 01, 2024, 09:12:32 AM »
I predict that within five years, history will be scrubbed enough that anyone who brings up the progressives calling the 19 a natural bat virus will be called conspiracy theorists.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/03/01/new-york-post-scientists-may-have-started-covid-n2393488
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7553 on: March 01, 2024, 11:50:03 AM »
You know what they REALLY don't want to talk about? How the Hong Kong dissidents from 2018-19 all disappeared for "reeducation," and none of them came back.

And then people were just collapsing in China's streets and they were welding up apartment buildings. Sure...

China was looking for an excuse/coverup, and we actually helped them with it.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7554 on: March 01, 2024, 11:55:50 AM »
You know what they REALLY don't want to talk about? How the Hong Kong dissidents from 2018-19 all disappeared for "reeducation," and none of them came back.

And then people were just collapsing in China's streets and they were welding up apartment buildings. Sure...

China was looking for an excuse/coverup, and we actually helped them with it.

Since when has China given a rat's arse what the world thinks about people disappearing. Besides the timing doesn't really work.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7555 on: March 01, 2024, 12:06:11 PM »
Remember the headlines about the giant crematoriums and the huge cloud resulting? That was very early covid...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7556 on: March 01, 2024, 05:13:20 PM »
Remember the headlines about the giant crematoriums and the huge cloud resulting? That was very early covid...

China has had giant crematoriums for a long time, they cremate everyone and there's a whole lot of them.

More than likely the missing people were send to labor camps put to work making I-Phones for Americans
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 07:40:18 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7557 on: March 01, 2024, 07:39:02 PM »
Because the previous 150 shots worked so well

CDC Now Recommending Multiple COVID Booster Doses Per Year
https://www.outkick.com/analysis/cdc-now-recommending-multiple-covid-booster-doses-per-year
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7558 on: March 01, 2024, 09:07:03 PM »
Well, they haven't come home, and it _was_ enough of a blip to be noticed... While everyone was believing the "bodies in the streets" stuff.

These guys were actually injecting disinfectant... Oh, wait... Not really... Not like TRUMP wanted people to do... Nope. Not at all...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=covid-19+collapsing+in+china+streets&t=h_&iar=videos&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvLdwCdyiDCw
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7559 on: March 01, 2024, 09:10:23 PM »
I particularly like how one fellow gets a little bit more comfy after he faceplants...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/china/video-2094890/Video-Dramatic-footage-shows-people-collapsing-suddenly-Wuhan-city.html
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7560 on: March 01, 2024, 09:13:31 PM »
Well, they haven't come home, and it _was_ enough of a blip to be noticed... While everyone was believing the "bodies in the streets" stuff.

They may have very well have "dispose" of the Hong Kong dissidents, just saying smoke from huge crematoriums isn't proof they did since smoke from huge crematoriums is business as usual in China.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7561 on: March 01, 2024, 11:04:00 PM »
CDC officially drops five-day covid isolation guidelines
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2024/03/01/new-cdc-covid-isolation-guidelines/
The basic advice is the same: Stay home and away from others when you’re sick. Under the new approach, people who test positive for the coronavirus no longer need to isolate at home if they have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the aid of medication and their overall symptoms are improving.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7562 on: March 02, 2024, 07:46:52 AM »
There was a lot of smoke that showed up on satellites... Seriously, people believed that bad cinema.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7563 on: March 06, 2024, 12:49:16 PM »
Holy cow, that works out to an avg of 7.5 shots per month!

German man received 217 coronavirus vaccine shots over a 29-month period, study says
https://www.foxnews.com/world/german-man-received-217-coronavirus-vaccine-shots-over-29-month-period-study-says
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7564 on: March 06, 2024, 01:32:39 PM »
Holy cow, that works out to an avg of 7.5 shots per month!

German man received 217 coronavirus vaccine shots over a 29-month period, study says
https://www.foxnews.com/world/german-man-received-217-coronavirus-vaccine-shots-over-29-month-period-study-says

The healthiest man alive. He will never die.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #7565 on: March 06, 2024, 01:49:47 PM »
The healthiest man alive. He will never die.

Or patient zero for the impending zombie apocalypse!

bob

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7566 on: March 06, 2024, 03:43:53 PM »
Seems he was selling shot cards...
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7567 on: March 07, 2024, 03:43:11 PM »
Seems he was selling shot cards...

So he was a "capitalistic entrepreneur" !!  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7568 on: March 09, 2024, 02:50:35 PM »
The Epoch Times made a FOIA request for the CDC data on covid vaccinations and myocarditis. The CDC sent them the reports... 100% redacted.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/03/09/most-transparent-administration-in-history-jack-cdc-releases-report-on-vaccine-myocarditis-n2393782
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7569 on: March 09, 2024, 03:02:24 PM »
Nothing suspicious about that at all
- Calvin and Hobbes