Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 450103 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #3275 on: June 23, 2020, 01:02:09 AM »
"Yes, that was sarcasm, EXCEPT that I've heard media reports that it's concerning because deaths continue to rise."

^That's what I figured:  that the sarcasm revolved around the idiot media reports.  I just wanted to make sure.

I am highly concerned that deaths have continued to rise since the start of civilization.  Surely we can do something about that, no?

Latest estimate (per PRB) is that 108 billion people have died, and this staggering number is still rising.

Terry

REF:
https://www.prb.org/howmanypeoplehaveeverlivedonearth/

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:51:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3276 on: June 23, 2020, 07:49:45 AM »
"Also, it's very sad (according to the news media) but the deaths just keep climbing. At no point have we have a decrease in the number of deaths. "

I suspect what Mak was talking about is reassessment of the CAUSE of death...

As in, well, he was shot in the head 14 times, but had asymptomatic Kung Flu, so Kung Flu was the cause of death.

There were a bunch of reports back in April or so about every death, no matter what the cause, being attributed to Kung Flu if the person tested positive.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3277 on: June 23, 2020, 07:53:24 AM »
"Also, it's very sad (according to the news media) but the deaths just keep climbing. At no point have we have a decrease in the number of deaths. "

So they're looking for the undead?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3278 on: June 23, 2020, 08:16:34 AM »

I suspect what Mak was talking about is reassessment of the CAUSE of death...

As in, well, he was shot in the head 14 times, but had asymptomatic Kung Flu, so Kung Flu was the cause of death.

There were a bunch of reports back in April or so about every death, no matter what the cause, being attributed to Kung Flu if the person tested positive.

No, I was talking about idiot reporters reporting, breathlessly, that the number of deaths keep rising. The TOTAL number of deaths.

Not deaths per day, not deaths per week, but TOTAL deaths keep rising. It's scary! People keep dying and no one recovers from it!

(And apparently, it was a bad joke because if you have to explain it, you failed.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #3279 on: June 23, 2020, 10:33:42 AM »
"Yes, that was sarcasm, EXCEPT that I've heard media reports that it's concerning because deaths continue to rise."

^That's what I figured:  that the sarcasm revolved around the idiot media reports.  I just wanted to make sure.

I am highly concerned that deaths have continued to rise since the start of civilization.  Surely we can do something about that, no?

Latest estimate (per PRB) is that 108 billion people have died, and this staggering number is still rising.

Terry

REF:
https://www.prb.org/howmanypeoplehaveeverlivedonearth/

I think the biggest problem is those who succumb. Used to be all you heard about people who died is because they succumbed to something or other. I think the stats on succumb have been deliberately suppressed in order to keep the Covid stats appearing high. This farcical fictitious fantasized forbearance is brought to you by, Skudzo, the mouthwash that really scrolls your nerd! (Yes, I stole that last line from the old BC comic strip!)

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3280 on: June 23, 2020, 11:18:59 AM »
mak,

Could you draw me a Venn diagram and some charts to explain it a little more?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3281 on: June 23, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »
If COVID death persists for more than four hours, see a doctor.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #3282 on: June 23, 2020, 06:45:13 PM »
That's why they call it the Coroner virus..

Oh, wait.  Never mind.

Me go now.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3283 on: June 23, 2020, 08:13:38 PM »
??? Who says they're done testing? The last I heard, the study that ruled out hydroxy-whatsit was called into question. Don't we need more information?

We don't need no steenkin' studies. Trump likes it ... it must be bad.

The science is settled.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3284 on: June 23, 2020, 08:20:43 PM »
No, I was talking about idiot reporters reporting, breathlessly, that the number of deaths keep rising. The TOTAL number of deaths.

Not deaths per day, not deaths per week, but TOTAL deaths keep rising. It's scary! People keep dying and no one recovers from it!

(And apparently, it was a bad joke because if you have to explain it, you failed.)

That's related to my complaint about my state's statistics. The state gooberment dutifully puts out an information sheet every day, reporting numbers of new cases, number of new deaths, number currently hospitalized, and total number of cases to date.

What's missing are numbers for recoveries, and number of currently active cases. So the total number of cases continues to rise.  Active cases would be total cases less deaths and less recoveries but, with no data on recoveries, the number of active cases just continues to rise, just following a slightly lower trajectory than the raw total number of cases.

Useless numbers. I still haven't figured out what the governor's end game is for providing incomplete data.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3286 on: June 23, 2020, 09:00:43 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/inslee-orders-face-coverings-to-be-worn-in-public-to-help-stem-spread-of-coronavirus/

Due to an uptick in the number of cases, starting Friday, a cloth face mask must be worn in Washington state in any indoor or outdoor space, with some exceptions.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3287 on: June 23, 2020, 11:42:46 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/inslee-orders-face-coverings-to-be-worn-in-public-to-help-stem-spread-of-coronavirus/

Due to an uptick in the number of cases, starting Friday, a cloth face mask must be worn in Washington state in any indoor or outdoor space, with some exceptions.

Who gets to tell the protestors?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #3288 on: June 24, 2020, 07:44:38 AM »
I did not see anything in the cited article about cloth face coverings.  Did I miss it on first reading?  No matches found for "cloth" in a page search.

But, anyhow:

Seems to me cloth masks wouldn't be as effective in "sealing" around the nose.  The "seal" on my paper ones have a wire embedded in them to positively contour the mask around that nose gap.

Deleted paragraph re-inserted after RoadKingLarry quoted it below:

"Or is the demand for "cloth" masks in response to an uptick in cases (if real) simply more "do something, anything" hand-fluttering Covid-19 theatre?
??? "

I deleted it because I realized that the cited article did not appear to refer to cloth masks at all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:11:06 AM by 230RN »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3289 on: June 24, 2020, 07:50:05 AM »
Or is the demand for "cloth" masks in response to an uptick in cases (if real) simply more "do something, anything" hand-fluttering Covid-19 theatre?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you really have to ask?
Locally we are getting bombarded with news that "new cases are spiking after the big Trump rally in Tulsa". No mention at all that there were massive Juneteenth events as well as BLM marches and anti-Trump protests held concurrently 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #3290 on: June 24, 2020, 08:14:23 AM »
I re-inserted that paragraph after I deleted it because MillCreek's cited article did not apparently refer to "cloth" anywhere.  So since RoadKingLarry quoted it, I stuck in back in.

So what gives, MillCreek?

But RoadKingLarry's comments seem to ring true:

Do you really have to ask?
Locally we are getting bombarded with news that "new cases are spiking after the big Trump rally in Tulsa". No mention at all that there were massive Juneteenth events as well as BLM marches and anti-Trump protests held concurrently.

Terry, 230RN

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3291 on: June 24, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Locally we are getting bombarded with news that "new cases are spiking after the big Trump rally in Tulsa".

That is some wild incubation period. It only takes 24 hours to get the beer virus if you're at a conservative gathering.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3292 on: June 24, 2020, 08:42:47 AM »
I didn't know where else to put this, but I just heard a news story on the TV about "bad drivers" out there right now. Why? Because they forgot how to drive while sitting in their homes during the lockdown.

I guess unlike in Idiocracy, it doesn't take 500 years to devolve.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3293 on: June 24, 2020, 09:03:58 AM »
I re-inserted that paragraph after I deleted it because MillCreek's cited article did not apparently refer to "cloth" anywhere.  So since RoadKingLarry quoted it, I stuck in back in.

So what gives, MillCreek?

But RoadKingLarry's comments seem to ring true:

Terry, 230RN

I see that the article was edited by the Times to change to the broader term 'face coverings' to be consistent with the state edict: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/information-for/you-and-your-family/face-masks-or-cloth-face-covering

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3294 on: June 24, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
I didn't know where else to put this, but I just heard a news story on the TV about "bad drivers" out there right now. Why? Because they forgot how to drive while sitting in their homes during the lockdown.

I guess unlike in Idiocracy, it doesn't take 500 years to devolve.

I noticed that phenomenon when Oklahoma came off lockdown. I had been driving to work on nearly deserted highways and then one Monday *BAM* all the nonessential MF'rs were back on the road.

Nonessential MF'rs can't drive for *expletive deleted*it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3295 on: June 24, 2020, 10:04:05 AM »
They didn't forget how to drive. The never could.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3296 on: June 24, 2020, 11:06:27 AM »
They didn't forget how to drive. The never could.

Most likely. I just find it funny how many things are being connected to the beer virus.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3297 on: June 24, 2020, 11:25:06 AM »
Most likely. I just find it funny how many things are being connected to the beer virus.

Depending on which article you read, car crashes are either on the decline because of fewer cars on the road, or on the rise because fewer cars means people drive faster/recklessly.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3298 on: June 24, 2020, 11:58:53 AM »
Depending on which article you read, car crashes are either on the decline because of fewer cars on the road, or on the rise because fewer cars means people drive faster/recklessly.

All I know is that when they ended the shutdown here the drivers got way worse and way slower
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3299 on: June 24, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »
All I know is that when they ended the shutdown here the drivers got way worse and way slower

Yes!  Driving 20 mph in a 35 zone.   :mad:
"It's good, though..."