Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440083 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6150 on: October 04, 2021, 06:48:49 PM »
The vaccine manufacturers have to guess several months ago which flu strains will be circulating this fall, place the orders and start incubating the eggs and making the vaccines. Sometimes the guess is spot on and other times not so much.

Yep, I knew that, hence my hoping it works on this year's variant.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6151 on: October 05, 2021, 09:29:01 AM »
https://ground.news/article/covid-19-coronavirus-spreading-virulently-in-wuhan-much-earlier-than-previously-thought-report-suggests

Based on the purchase history of lab testing materials, COVID may have been present in Wuhan for some months before the PRC reported it in December 2019.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6152 on: October 05, 2021, 09:43:27 AM »
https://ground.news/article/covid-19-coronavirus-spreading-virulently-in-wuhan-much-earlier-than-previously-thought-report-suggests

Based on the purchase history of lab testing materials, COVID may have been present in Wuhan for some months before the PRC reported it in December 2019.
Given the amount of travel, does that mean it was already spread to a lot of places around the world before it was ever publicly reported on?  I recall many wondering why California didn't see a spike in cases early on.  Maybe they did, but before anyone knew there was something new.  I remember the people who went to SHOT show 2020 talking about catching the usual bug there and getting hit pretty hard.  I guess that is all speculation. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6153 on: October 05, 2021, 09:47:41 AM »
There was a lot of evidence of "early covid", last year already, that was heavily repressed by big tech.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6154 on: October 05, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
I had a really nasty in December of 2019. Basically, the inside of my head felt like I was undergoing an extended session of CS gas training. My sinuses gushed for 2-3 solid days. I slept face down with my forehead on a chair by the bed, dripping onto a towel I threw away. Back at work (because work...) the next day, I passed it on, and it damn near kilt a cow orker. I think it was here. Lots of similar reports out there. JR got an antibody test in early 2020, when they became available, and tested positive, and he was sick about the same time.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6155 on: October 05, 2021, 04:02:38 PM »

Epoch Times reporting largely the same thing:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/pcr-sales-soared-in-wuhan-before-first-official-covid-19-cases-publicised-report_4032361.html

Our good friends in the PRC wouldn't try to cover up a pandemic, would they?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6156 on: October 05, 2021, 04:03:16 PM »

Doesn't surprise me at all.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6157 on: October 05, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »
Doesn't surprise me at all.

Only hardline lefties aren't surprised by these revelations.  But then, they won't accept the mounting evidence either.  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6159 on: October 05, 2021, 08:53:29 PM »
Our good friends in the PRC wouldn't try to cover up a pandemic, would they?

Or gee... Would they engineer a pandemic to cover up something else? They were having problems with Hong Kong dissidents earlier in 2019.

No dissidents, no problems.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6160 on: October 06, 2021, 10:57:06 AM »
And so it begins:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-health-system-denies-kidney-transplant-unvaccinated

A Colorado woman with stage 5 renal failure is scrambling to find a new hospital to perform a kidney transplant after a health system in the state denied the transplant due to her and her donor being unvaccinated against the coronavirus. 

"Here I am, willing to be a direct donor to her. It does not affect any other patient on the transplant list," Jaimee Fougner, Leilani Lutali’s kidney donor, told CBS4. "How can I sit here and allow them to murder my friend when I’ve got a perfectly good kidney and can save her life?"

Lutali said she received a letter from Colorado health system UCHealth at the end of September explaining that she and Fougner have 30 days to begin the vaccine process. They would be removed from the kidney transplant list if they refuse the shots.
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6161 on: October 06, 2021, 11:33:33 AM »

Or gee... Would they engineer a pandemic to cover up something else? They were having problems with Hong Kong dissidents earlier in 2019.

No dissidents, no problems.

Of course they would.  But I don't think they did.
"It's good, though..."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6162 on: October 07, 2021, 04:07:32 PM »
Of course they would.  But I don't think they did.

But they might try it if they thought (among other things) the PRC could reduce their "surplus population".  They might even have hoped that it would reduce those "ethnic minorities" that they are already trying to eradicate (the Uighurs).
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6163 on: October 07, 2021, 07:12:30 PM »
But they might try it if they thought (among other things) the PRC could reduce their "surplus population".  They might even have hoped that it would reduce those "ethnic minorities" that they are already trying to eradicate (the Uighurs).

May not quite work like they’d hope.

https://youtu.be/4SGNeJigllY

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6164 on: October 08, 2021, 11:24:44 AM »
I finally heard a good reason for wearing a mask:
"Friends please put on a mask.  It saves lives.  Yesterday a friend of mine went out with his girlfriend and on the way passed by his wife and she did not recognize him.  The mask really saved his life." 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6165 on: October 08, 2021, 02:12:01 PM »
I was thinking it would give them an excuse to disappear people. 

However, better to assume incompetence as the most likely reason in a good country.  In a communist system, incompetence is even more likely. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6166 on: October 08, 2021, 02:40:53 PM »
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/08/cdc-director-get-ready-for-a-twindemic-this-fall-n421147

On one hand, this is good advice based on common sense — get your flu shot, which is even more important in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. On the other, though, CDC director Rochelle Walensky offers a contradiction in support of it. Thanks to the masking and social distancing imposed to stop the spread of COVID-19, she argues, the flu didn’t spread much last year, leaving the “herd” less immune this fall and winter. That puts us at greater risk of having both a bad flu and COVID-19 season this year.

:facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6167 on: October 08, 2021, 03:23:52 PM »
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10/08/cdc-director-get-ready-for-a-twindemic-this-fall-n421147

:facepalm:

That's a feature, not a bug. It means more lockdowns and masking, you know, doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6169 on: October 10, 2021, 11:28:37 AM »
Wyoming high school student arrested for not wearing a mask at school:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/a-wyoming-high-school-student-refused-to-wear-a-mask-so-police-locked-down-the-entire-school-and-arrested-her

Of course, the entire school was placed on lockdown as well.

SMDH
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6170 on: October 10, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »
Geez - even Wyoming is losing its mind?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6171 on: October 10, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of this.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/oct/8/more-americans-have-died-covid-under-biden-trump-j/

Apparently, by the John Hopkins numbers, there have been more Covid deaths under the Biden admin than from Mar. to Dec. of 2020. Haven't gone through the #s from the source material yet.

Is that a result of the pandemic going endemic, and most of the country going back to business as usual in many respects? Or is the vaccine just not worth it? Is the new administration to blame?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6172 on: October 10, 2021, 02:06:29 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of this.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/oct/8/more-americans-have-died-covid-under-biden-trump-j/

Apparently, by the John Hopkins numbers, there have been more Covid deaths under the Biden admin than from Mar. to Dec. of 2020. Haven't gone through the #s from the source material yet.

Is that a result of the pandemic going endemic, and most of the country going back to business as usual in many respects? Or is the vaccine just not worth it? Is the new administration to blame?

Only if it were a Republican one.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6173 on: October 10, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »
Wyoming high school student arrested for not wearing a mask at school:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/a-wyoming-high-school-student-refused-to-wear-a-mask-so-police-locked-down-the-entire-school-and-arrested-her

Of course, the entire school was placed on lockdown as well.

SMDH

To be fair, the student in question said she was seeking an arrest to provide standing for a lawsuit, and she had already recieved a trespass citation, so the arrest isn't that surprising or even out of line.

The lockdown seems a bit much.  If I were a betting man, I'd  say the administration did it so there were no kids with cellphones filming the arrest, in case it went bad, but that's just a guess.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6174 on: October 10, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »
Aspirin may help with respiratory issues. The study was at George Washington University, but the Jerusalem Post had no links to the paper.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/aspirin-lowers-risk-of-covid-new-findings-support-preliminary-israeli-trial-681127