Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440046 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #6175 on: October 10, 2021, 09:51:57 PM »
When this first started I joked that we didn't have enough information to k ow if we could even take aspirin with the bug.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6176 on: October 10, 2021, 10:08:29 PM »
So, how long before sales of aspirin are prohibited?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6177 on: October 10, 2021, 10:11:33 PM »
So, how long before sales of aspirin are prohibited?
Aspirin?  You mean that canine anti-inflammatory drug?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6178 on: October 10, 2021, 11:07:42 PM »
Sure, go ahead and take a risky drug that can cause gastric irritation and bleeding.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6179 on: October 11, 2021, 10:19:59 AM »
If you read the article. The known mode of actions of aspirin on the human, does make sense on lowering the risks of blood clots due to some covid infections.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6180 on: October 11, 2021, 10:23:32 AM »
I take a full strength aspirin tablet every day because of the known risk of Factor V Leiden.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6181 on: October 11, 2021, 10:30:12 AM »
I take a full strength aspirin tablet every day because of the known risk of Factor V Leiden.

I take a prescribed baby aspirin daily because of my congenital heart disease.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6182 on: October 11, 2021, 10:46:24 AM »
I have been taking a daily enteric-coated 81 mg ASA tablet for decades.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6183 on: October 11, 2021, 10:53:20 AM »
I drink Brawndo. It's got electrolytes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6184 on: October 11, 2021, 10:56:51 AM »

I finally saw that movie, about a week ago.  (been looking for it for a couple of years)  It's on youtube now:  https://youtu.be/0Tv5shB4Gg0
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6185 on: October 11, 2021, 12:41:56 PM »

I could really use a Starbucks.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6186 on: October 11, 2021, 04:38:02 PM »
I could really use a Starbucks.

Does it have electrolytes?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6187 on: October 11, 2021, 05:06:58 PM »
Does it have electrolytes?

No, but it does have hookers.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6188 on: October 11, 2021, 05:27:01 PM »

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6189 on: October 11, 2021, 07:27:36 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation/astounding-new-study-shows-using-a-pulse-oximeter-saves-covid-patients-lives/

Maybe we should all get ourselves a pulse oximeter for Christmas.  You can get a good one at Amazon for under $ 30.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6190 on: October 11, 2021, 08:31:20 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation/astounding-new-study-shows-using-a-pulse-oximeter-saves-covid-patients-lives/

Maybe we should all get ourselves a pulse oximeter for Christmas.  You can get a good one at Amazon for under $ 30.

I've got a good finger one, but also have one built into my Fenix 5X watch. I have compared them enough to see that the readings vary by no more than 2%, usually 1%. I wear the watch 24/7 and have the O2 meter set to constant monitoring (vs  sleep monitoring). Eats more battery, but I like being able to monitor the levels on a 24 hour graph. It would be nice if it alarmed if levels dropped below a certain point. The watch has an "abnormal heartbeat" alarm, but nothing for the oximeter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6191 on: October 12, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
My Samsung S9 had a very neat sensor that took a bunch of biometric readings in conjunction with the Samsung Health app.

My new S20?

Nope.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6192 on: October 12, 2021, 07:53:02 AM »
What I know about the covids...

It will swim upstream in beer taps, but only after 11pm.

It is attracted to building entrances, but is scared to death of dining tables.

It loves quarters, but isn't so worried about pennies (we can't get more than two rolls of quarters from our bank).
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6193 on: October 12, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »
What I know about the covids...

It loves quarters, but isn't so worried about pennies (we can't get more than two rolls of quarters from our bank).

They say the problem with coins is that they're not recirculating the way they normally do. So it's supposed to be a problem of distribution; not supply. FWIW

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6194 on: October 12, 2021, 02:12:00 PM »
They say the problem with coins is that they're not recirculating the way they normally do. So it's supposed to be a problem of distribution; not supply. FWIW
It would also help if they were silver coated also, but I doubt that will happen.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #6195 on: October 12, 2021, 02:28:59 PM »
Better get your aspirins now before the hoarders drive the ready supply down and speculators drive the price up.  :old:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6196 on: October 13, 2021, 08:38:13 AM »
Interesting story on testing methodology. I have no knowledge of biological tests like PCR, but in other scientific and statistical tests, cycles and iterations are certainly something to be well aware of, especially if there is some fairly linear and discrete cutoff that can change results.

Regarding the diagnosis of COVID-19 through widely-used PCR tests, the senators said that the CDC and the FDA’s setting of one particular test parameter—the cycle threshold—generated “false positives resulting in inflated numbers of COVID cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.”

Harvard epidemiologist Dr. Michael Mina told The New York Times in August 2020 that tests with too high of a threshold may detect not just live viruses but also genetic fragments. Mina suggested setting the cut-off at 30 cycles or less.

Thatcher expressed concern over the cycle threshold of 28 when testing vaccinated individuals. According to the petition, a low cut-off is likely to “eliminate false positive results and thereby reduce the number of vaccine ‘breakthrough’ cases.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/oregon-senators-call-for-investigation-into-alleged-covid-19-statistical-manipulation_4044333.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6197 on: October 13, 2021, 10:49:23 AM »
Psaki: Biden Wants To Use Pandemic To ‘Make Fundamental Change In Our Economy’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/psaki-biden-wants-to-use-pandemic-to-make-fundamental-change-in-our-economy?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member

“The president wants to make fundamental change in our economy, and he feels coming out of the pandemic is exactly the time to do that,” Psaki said. “And if we don’t do it now, if we don’t address the cost of childcare, to go back to Josh’s question earlier, if we don’t address the climate crisis, if we don’t ensure that universal pre-k is a reality now, we’re not going to have the same opportunity to do it for some time.”

So getting out of this pandemic may not be their primary goal.  And you wonder why some want to question everything that comes from the FedGov on this subject. 

I don't know if this is a case of "saying the quiet part out loud", but I always feel that 30 years ago a Democrat official would say the same thing, but in a much more subtle and more deniable way.  The left has very little subtlety these days. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6198 on: October 13, 2021, 10:56:06 AM »
Psaki: Biden Wants To Use Pandemic To ‘Make Fundamental Change In Our Economy’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/psaki-biden-wants-to-use-pandemic-to-make-fundamental-change-in-our-economy?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member
So getting out of this pandemic may not be their primary goal.  And you wonder why some want to question everything that comes from the FedGov on this subject. 

I don't know if this is a case of "saying the quiet part out loud", but I always feel that 30 years ago a Democrat official would say the same thing, but in a much more subtle and more deniable way.  The left has very little subtlety these days.

Trusting liars is always a dangerous proposition. I've opted out of trusting them.

It sucks being cynical about your rulers, I wished to believe the best of people, but the proof is in the puddin'. We're ruled by the evil, deceived and stupid for the most part.

It eliminates a lot of cognitive dissonance (see below) coming to terms with the reality. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6199 on: October 13, 2021, 11:13:18 AM »
I went to Aldi yesterday, and about half the shelves were empty.  (there was plenty of TP, but I didn't need that)  It was kind of alarming.  They said they are having trouble getting supplied from their warehouse.
"It's good, though..."