Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440152 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7125 on: January 18, 2023, 08:00:38 PM »

And "people" means every living soul, even illegal aliens.  (Oh, sorry, they're properly called "migrants" nowadays.)

Voters
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7126 on: January 18, 2023, 08:22:03 PM »
Fly320s to the white courtesy phone ...

https://www.thelibertybeacon.com/cause-for-grave-concern-faa-tacitly-admits-that-pilot-ekgs-are-no-longer-normal/
There was a post I saw a few days ago talking about WEF elites looking for unvaccinated pilots to fly their private jets.  There was no reason given for it but the assumption was something negative about the vaccine.  The links were not at all mainstream so I didn't know what to think of it.  Not sure if it was related to this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7127 on: January 22, 2023, 10:42:23 AM »
I discovered an interesting waste of tax dollars this morning. Back when USPS was shipping out free covid tests, I signed up for them, just because after having the OG covid*, I wanted to see if I would get it again and what the severity would be. The few times I've had sniffles or other signs of a cold/flu/covid coming on, I've used the tests and come up negative.

This morning, I woke up with a cough and sniffles, which usually means the onset of a cold, but again I took a covid test. Negative. Anyway, it had been a while since the last time I did it, so I got curious if the USPS tests can pick up current covid variants. Apparently they can, but the tangent was to check the expiration date on your kit, as that is somewhat critical. All mine expired in July, 2022. So if the interwebz medical sites are to be believed, and given when the USPS was sending those kits out, all of them are well past the expiration date now. I had eight boxes (two tests per box). If a bunch of other people all ordered the max, I wonder how many millions were spent on kits that are now well past expiration and potentially worthless?

EDIT: I don't know how much the tests cost the gov, but they sell the exact same one on Amazon for 18 ducats per box.

*Interestingly, the OG (pre-vaccine) covid somewhat gave me superpowers. While it screwed up my olfactory senses, since I have had it, I rarely feel sick. I used to, like clockwork, get sick with a cold or whatever once or twice a year, and it would always knock me on my ass for 3-5 days, guaranteed. Since the covid, I have not gotten sick. I've had the start of cold symptoms - sore throat, sniffles, etc., but I just take an Airborne/Emergen-C cocktail for the B & C vitamins, and the next morning am back to normal. More of a short irritation than an illness. Maybe this will be beneficial when the zombie apocalypse virus hits.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7128 on: January 22, 2023, 11:11:31 AM »
Interestingly, the OG (pre-vaccine) covid somewhat gave me superpowers. While it screwed up my olfactory senses, since I have had it, I rarely feel sick. I used to, like clockwork, get sick with a cold or whatever once or twice a year, and it would always knock me on my ass for 3-5 days, guaranteed. Since the covid, I have not gotten sick. I've had the start of cold symptoms - sore throat, sniffles, etc., but I just take an Airborne/Emergen-C cocktail for the B & C vitamins, and the next morning am back to normal. More of a short irritation than an illness. Maybe this will be beneficial when the zombie apocalypse virus hits.  :laugh:

I had pretty much the same experience.  Instead of the normal one or two colds a year, it was eighteen months before I had another case of the sniffles post-Covid.  We never asked for any Covid tests, so I was not able to test whether or not that cold at eighteen months was Covid or just a cold.  The symptoms pretty much lined up with the Covid variant that was going around at the time, but so do a lot of cold symptoms.  No real way to know what it was.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7129 on: January 22, 2023, 01:50:55 PM »
I’ve had pretty minor colds since I had covid, but I’m not sure if that is more due to people being better about handling minor illness or something else.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7130 on: January 22, 2023, 09:52:27 PM »
I had "mild crud" this year after doing a couple of toddler-rich Christmas parties... But nothing like back when I was doing the mall thing - I'd usually get bad gleep right at the very end (a day or so before Christmas), and crawl home and gackhhh until the middle of January.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7131 on: January 22, 2023, 10:19:44 PM »
Neither Wifey (that's her name) nor I have had Covid that we know of.  She's vaxxed (Moderna) and boostered.  I'm vaxxed (Pfizer) but will not get the boosters; we both have had the flu shot.  She and I and my brother in Texas are the only ones I know that haven't had it.  My mom was diagnosed with covid but we think that was a misdiagnosis.  (they get a bounty for finding covid cases, right?)  So I'm not sure if Mom has had it or not.  We asked about getting an antibody test to find out but the hospital refused to do that -- they didn't want to know.  Probably didn't want to possibly expose a misdiagnosis even tho' they weren't the ones that did it.  Anyway...

Wifey had a cold last week but is pretty much over it, and I didn't catch it from her.  I've only had one cold since Covid started; colds usually knock me on my ass with some kind of post-respiratory-virus asthma that turns into bronchitis and sometimes a mild pneumonia.  And I cough for 3 months.  But the cold I had last year only lasted about 3 days with no lingering after-effects.  I've been amazingly healthy for the past 3 years except for getting so fat being cooped up in the house so much.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7132 on: January 23, 2023, 10:26:43 AM »
I know these is fightin' words, but...

Everyone has probably already had it...

Because, gee, in MOST "cases," you have to take a test to know if you've got it. Your immune system just beats the hell out of it.

And then someone at work will say "but if you catch it,  you're going to be hospitalized!"

But then, moments later, they start talking about asymptomatic transmission...

They oughta call it the Low Information Plague...
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7133 on: January 23, 2023, 10:32:47 AM »
I know these is fightin' words, but...

Everyone has probably already had it...

Because, gee, in MOST "cases," you have to take a test to know if you've got it. Your immune system just beats the hell out of it.

And then someone at work will say "but if you catch it,  you're going to be hospitalized!"

But then, moments later, they start talking about asymptomatic transmission...

They oughta call it the Low Information Plague...

I agree with you.  Still, as far as I know I haven't had it.  If I could get a free antibody test to see what my immune level is I'd probably take it. 
I think "asymptomatic transmission" is mainly from people who don't yet show symptoms but will in a few days, but it's hard to get any real data or even definitions.
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7134 on: January 23, 2023, 10:34:15 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7135 on: January 23, 2023, 10:52:45 AM »
I agree with you.  Still, as far as I know I haven't had it.  If I could get a free antibody test to see what my immune level is I'd probably take it. 
I think "asymptomatic transmission" is mainly from people who don't yet show symptoms but will in a few days, but it's hard to get any real data or even definitions.
Or maybe people like me that had relatively mild symptoms.  If I hadn't actually done an at-home test, I would have thought it was just a one day flu or food poisoning (ate at a new place before I felt bad).  Bigger hit for me is it seemed to open the door for other stuff to bother me over the next week or two. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7136 on: January 23, 2023, 11:26:31 PM »
Well, I shot my mouth off about hardly getting sick at all for the past several years, now today I have a headache and chills and a bit of a cough.  I took a couple of Advil (generic) a couple of hours ago and that's helped quite a bit.  My symptoms are totally different from what wife had last week, but it's probably the same thing anyway.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7137 on: January 24, 2023, 07:03:56 AM »
Thought I was coming down with something on Saturday. Headache, scratchy throat, sour stomach, the trots...

Got a good night's sleep and on Sunday felt a lot better.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7138 on: January 24, 2023, 08:16:13 AM »
Well, I shot my mouth off about hardly getting sick at all for the past several years, now today I have a headache and chills and a bit of a cough.  I took a couple of Advil (generic) a couple of hours ago and that's helped quite a bit.  My symptoms are totally different from what wife had last week, but it's probably the same thing anyway.

Ha ha - that's funny, because me too. Instead of going away Sunday night, it got worse on Monday and I'm still under the weather today, though feeling like I'm over the hump. It's still not as bad as my pre-covid colds were, but it was enough to keep me in the house all day yesterday. Congestion and a cough, but not the severe sore throat that I usually get with a cold.

I'm actually getting that "tired" symptom that I had so bad with the covid. Not nearly as bad - when I had the covid I could barely make it from one room to the next without needing a nap - but I was definitely lazy yesterday. I tried a couple more of the expired USPS covid tests I have, and they still came up negative.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7139 on: January 24, 2023, 12:28:58 PM »
Oh, and... We had a store manager for about six months who got transferred to our store from a really boring store in the 'burbs. Less than a million in sales, to well over two million...

And at least once a week, I'd get a phone call at about 0530...

"I think mah baaaaybeee's got the covids! She's coughing, and I have to take her to the doctor, so she won't DIE!"

Well, the overtime was decent, but that *expletive deleted*it got VERY old.

He no longer works for the company, and from what I understand, the kid is still among the living.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7140 on: January 27, 2023, 10:26:34 PM »
Not sure if anyone posted the Project Veritas video about Pfizer.  An executive on video talking about mutating COVID to make vaccines for the new version.  More gain of function research? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxOYZ2B5O2M

Project Veritas exposes Pfizer exec discussing “mutating” COVID-19 virus for new vaccines
https://rumble.com/v2754pg-project-veritas-exposes-pfizer-exec-discussing-mutating-covid-19-virus-for-.html

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7141 on: January 27, 2023, 10:58:20 PM »
Today I was doing something I don't even remember what, but it occurred to me "why don't I smell this?". I went to the fridge and got a jar of pickles and took a big whiff. No smell. (That was the test I took early in the week to make sure it wasn't covid. I could smell the vinegar and spices even tho I was congested)  Apparently that symptom waited until the disease was almost over to appear.  I took one of those expired .gov covid tests a half hour ago and it came back positive.  Not just a little positive, the second line on the test strip was nice and bright.

The expired test kit might not be reliable, but I also have the pickle jar test to confirm it.  Oddly, my sense of taste is still fine; or at least as good as it can be when you nose isn't working right.

I've been half-assed quarantining all week (as one should when one has a cold), going out as little as possible and wearing a N95 mask when I do, but I guess now I'll be doing that until next Thursday.  And I won't be going to church this Sunday even with a mask. (and I had a lot of responsibilities this week)
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7142 on: January 27, 2023, 11:45:49 PM »
Be a little cautious if you decided to get vaxxed.

FDA Says Getting Pfizer & Flu Shot On Same Day Could Increase Stroke Risk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevTbwSsYNQ

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7143 on: January 28, 2023, 01:27:33 AM »
Be a little cautious if you decided to get vaxxed.

FDA Says Getting Pfizer & Flu Shot On Same Day Could Increase Stroke Risk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevTbwSsYNQ

And they have billboards up here in St. Louis pushing that combo.

Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7144 on: January 28, 2023, 03:32:16 PM »
Pfizer Denies Conducting COVID Gain-Of-Function Research In Delayed Response To Veritas Video
https://www.dailywire.com/news/pfizer-denies-conducting-covid-gain-of-function-research-in-delayed-response-to-veritas-video

Pfizer’s statement goes on to describe the research it acknowledges conducting.

“Working with collaborators, we have conducted research where the original SARS-CoV-2 virus has been used to express the spike protein from new variants of concern,” the Pfizer statement read. “This work is undertaken once a new variant of concern has been identified by public health authorities. This research provides a way for us to rapidly assess the ability of an existing vaccine to induce antibodies that neutralize a newly identified variant of concern. We then make this data available through peer reviewed scientific journals and use it as one of the steps to determine whether a vaccine update is required.”

Pfizer said the research usually involves only computer simulations, but added that, “in a limited number of cases when a full virus does not contain any known gain of function mutations, such virus may be engineered to enable the assessment of antiviral activity in cells.”

Critics accused Pfizer of dissembling and said that what the company acknowledged in its statement is effectively gain-of-function research.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7145 on: February 02, 2023, 07:17:09 PM »
Part two of the interview started abovie

https://twitter.com/Project_Veritas/status/1621296377446686725?s=20&t=KsJMW2SLqdor9h1BTNRP4w

I won't spoil it, but I will say I saw #pfertility trending on Twitter earlier.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7146 on: February 02, 2023, 10:05:17 PM »
Beyond the immediate, that list of stuff they are working on is potentially scary.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7147 on: February 02, 2023, 11:19:03 PM »
Pfizer Director Concerned Over Women's Reproductive Health After COVID-19 Vaccinations
https://rumble.com/v284pgu-pfizer-director-concerned-over-womens-reproductive-heath-after-covid-19-vac.html

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7148 on: February 03, 2023, 01:53:53 PM »
Not vaxxed,
not boosted,
and no colds.
  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7149 on: February 03, 2023, 02:18:20 PM »
File under For What It’s Worth:

It’s been a while since I checked in on my county’s Wuhan virus stats. I took a look today, and it appears season 3 was a real bust. In the fall of 2020, we were having hundreds of new infections every day – usually more than 500, sometimes over a thousand. The numbers went down, of course, but a year later we were getting thousands of new cases every day. Fast forward to the present; it’s only February, so it’s not too late to still have a winter of severe illness and death. That said, the peaks of this past season’s wave barely reached the troughs of fall 2020.

If the ratings don’t improve, the network may have to cancel.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife