Author Topic: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread  (Read 440023 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: COVID-19/corona virus mega thread/prepping thread
« Reply #7250 on: March 10, 2023, 06:08:20 PM »
It's FATAL if you are so much in the same room with someone!

Just disregard the asymptomatic cases, unless they fatal you.

https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19/data/index.cfm

They still won't say how many are nosocomial.

Most of the folks I see wearing masks are from disadvantaged minority populations.

Most of the folks I see wearing masks and gloves are old white folks.

Most of the folks I see wearing masks and gloves and the gloves are fabric or leather are crazy white folks.
Blog under construction

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7251 on: March 10, 2023, 06:13:39 PM »
At any one time at our local 500+ bed hospital, we have 15-20 Covid inpatients.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7252 on: March 10, 2023, 06:17:08 PM »
At any one time at our local 500+ bed hospital, we have 15-20 Covid inpatients.

I should ask my neighbors that are both nurses at my local hospital what their total census is and how many are there because of Covid.  And how many are there for other respiratory viruses.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7253 on: March 10, 2023, 06:44:31 PM »
Has anyone even caught Covid lately?

I caught it a little over a month ago.  If I hadn't lost my sense of smell (just as all the other symptoms were about over), I would not have taken the expired government Covid test and thought I just had an unusually mild cold.  I never did report it to the county; as long as I voluntarily do the quarantine thing it's none of their business.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7254 on: March 10, 2023, 08:11:23 PM »
And the mass media still doesn't want folks to see all the numbers.
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7255 on: March 10, 2023, 10:19:11 PM »
I caught it a little over a month ago.  If I hadn't lost my sense of smell (just as all the other symptoms were about over), I would not have taken the expired government Covid test and thought I just had an unusually mild cold.  I never did report it to the county; as long as I voluntarily do the quarantine thing it's none of their business.

Nonsense. Take your Covid to the streets. Ya know, for racial justice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7256 on: March 11, 2023, 08:18:25 PM »
I just saw an announcement from the Washington Department of Health that 4300 new cases were diagnosed in the state during the week of February 14th.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7257 on: March 14, 2023, 11:04:45 AM »
Now Fauci is saying, "Yeah, it could have been a lab leak."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19-could-stem-from-risky-experiments-at-chinese-lab-fauci_5118654.html

“The other possibility is someone takes a virus from the environment that doesn’t actually spread very well in humans, and manipulates it a bit, and accidentally it escapes or accidentally infects someone and then you get an outbreak.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7258 on: March 14, 2023, 11:28:35 AM »
I had it last November.  Similar situation.  I had a fever for a day.  Felt miserable and cold for a short time.  No fever the next day. 

The biggest issue is I sometimes get a minor sinus issue if I don't keep my CPAP clean or swap to new hoses and such periodically.  That minor sinus issue hit me hard the next week.  I switched out to new hoses and stuff and slowly got better.  I did notice my sense of smell was gone for a short time but came back (mostly I guess).  I figure even a minor COVID issue left me open to other stuff that wasn't bothering me too much prior to that point. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7259 on: March 14, 2023, 11:30:15 AM »

Which was his stance all along.  ;)
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7260 on: March 14, 2023, 04:50:22 PM »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/covid-19-could-stem-from-risky-experiments-at-chinese-lab-fauci_5118654.html

Now even The Science is refusing to follow The Science.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7261 on: March 17, 2023, 10:19:41 PM »
Close call!
My wife's sister is a dental assistant. The dentist is a pretty decent guy and gives family of his employees a break on fees. Been seeing him for quite a few years now.
I had my semi-annual checkup on the 9th.  On the 8th the entire office had their first aid/CPR refresher training. Over the course of last week the entire office staff and the dentist, with the exception of my unvaxed sister in law, tested positive for the covids.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7262 on: March 18, 2023, 07:35:54 AM »
Friends of mine have both come down with kung flu.

They both work from home, have had all of the jabs (they're a bit on the liberal woke side, but nothing terrible), etc.

Emily started feeling crappy Wednesday, tested positive Thursday afternoon.

Brian tried to sequester in the at home office but my guess it was already too late. He popped positive yesterday.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7263 on: March 18, 2023, 10:51:20 AM »
Damn raccoon dogs.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 11:14:22 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7264 on: March 18, 2023, 11:11:48 AM »
The weekly Covid census email says that we have 20 Covid patients in the hospital this week.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7265 on: March 18, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »
St. Louis' web site says 33 new hospitalizations in the past week, but doesn't give any data regarding demographics. Especially age or residency... I'm figuring that we're seeing mostly nursing home residents still, and that they're still hoping for the 'vid when they run a test.

Says that 4% of inpatient beds are occupied, but doesn't say whether that is overall or just the covid isolation. I'm leaning isolation. Everyone I've talked to from the major hospitals are saying "not a big deal."

Overall, 835 deaths out of about 320k are blamed on the 'vid... And we've had 693 murders in the same population. I'm FAR more worried about lead poisoning.
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7266 on: March 18, 2023, 03:26:29 PM »
 =( It is indeed unfortunate that so many people have such weak immune systems.  No flu, not even a "winter cold" in the last 8 years.
Go figure.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7267 on: March 19, 2023, 12:39:38 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7269 on: March 20, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »
You know, I'd really like to know just who started cooking the books on the numbers...

The whole "died with" thing is what allowed them to crush the economy.

But it won't be just one person - it'll be like all the well-meaning folks who did their little bit to get Biden elected. No vast conspiracy - just a bunch of separate folks who thought they were doing what was right.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7270 on: March 20, 2023, 01:05:31 PM »
You know, I'd really like to know just who started cooking the books on the numbers...

The whole "died with" thing is what allowed them to crush the economy.

But it won't be just one person - it'll be like all the well-meaning folks who did their little bit to get Biden elected. No vast conspiracy - just a bunch of separate folks who thought they were doing what was right.

The Soviets called them "useful idiots".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7271 on: March 20, 2023, 03:42:11 PM »
Even more Fauci. "They're Republicans. They don't like being told what to do. We need to break that." I can see why Twitter censored all this.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1637839339584471042

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/03/20/2021-video-shows-fauci-saying-red-staters-dont-like-being-told-what-to-do-we-gotta-break-that/

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7272 on: March 20, 2023, 04:12:39 PM »
I wish there was a "Coventry"* we could send Fauci and his ilk to, and let them live out the rest of their days there.

*See Robert Heinlein's short story of the same name.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7273 on: March 22, 2023, 09:15:45 AM »
Grinning Dr Fauci laughs off lab leak questions AGAIN as he allows documentary team inside his $2million DC home (which is filled with Fauci memorabilia - including self-portraits and cushions with his face on them!)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11886367/Fauci-laughs-lab-leak-PBS-Covid-documentary.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7274 on: March 29, 2023, 10:44:54 AM »
World Health Organization says healthy children and teens probably don't need a Covid vaccine
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11915563/World-Health-Organization-says-healthy-kids-teens-dont-need-Covid-vaccinations.html

- Calvin and Hobbes