Author Topic: TV Show Concepts You Wish Existed  (Read 2696 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
TV Show Concepts You Wish Existed
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:11:03 PM »
We've been binging "Life Below Zero" recently.  Had no idea the show existed and in the last 2 months have gone through 10 seasons.

Part-way through season 10, I said "wouldn't it be awesome if there was a mock reality TV show of vampires roughing it and surviving on the frontier, hunting and foraging?"  You'd have that National Geographic narrator guy with his dramatic monotone voice-over, the cringey manufactured drama and the music that amps up right before the big climactic event, and then the vampire patting the human he just sucked dry, saying campy shyt like "thank you for the life you're giving me" and so on.

I'd watch the hell out of that, laughing all the way.

Ever come up with TV shows you wished existed?  What would they be like?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: TV Show Concepts You Wish Existed
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 02:26:22 PM »
You need another hobby...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 03:11:39 PM »
Hog Hunting with werewolves?  I guess if it wasn't a werewolf named Earl it wouldn't be the same.

I am not sure the vampire thing would work, but if it involved really hot vampire women, it might work.   :rofl:      But I'm just a guy so....
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 03:13:09 PM »
A reality show with Bigfeet (Bigfoots?) following the Bigfoot hunters around the woods laughing at them and playing practical jokes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 03:18:01 PM »
I wouldn't say these were ideas I wished existed, but just crazy stuff that came to mind at least as good as Survival Island - Vampire Edition. 

If I think about it, I am sure something with Zombies will come to mind. 

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 03:21:44 PM »
I never made it through a couple episodes of Life Below Zero. Some of the people kind of got on my nerves.

My recent thought for something I would totally watch would be a cross over with The Incredible Dr. Pol and Dr. Matt of Demolition Ranch/Vet Ranch.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 06:57:31 PM »
We've been binging "Life Below Zero" recently.  Had no idea the show existed and in the last 2 months have gone through 10 seasons.

Part-way through season 10, I said "wouldn't it be awesome if there was a mock reality TV show of vampires roughing it and surviving on the frontier, hunting and foraging?"  You'd have that National Geographic narrator guy with his dramatic monotone voice-over, the cringey manufactured drama and the music that amps up right before the big climactic event, and then the vampire patting the human he just sucked dry, saying campy shyt like "thank you for the life you're giving me" and so on.

I'd watch the hell out of that, laughing all the way.

Ever come up with TV shows you wished existed?  What would they be like?

I can't say this for certain, but when I was skimming through the shows to watch on Netflix, I think there is a show that a vampire teams up with a woman.  I didn't pay much attention to what the plot was though.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

JN01

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 07:02:15 PM »
How about a hard hitting, UNBIASED, investigative news show?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »
    :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 07:44:07 PM »
Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather, Chris Matthews, and Rachel Maddow go deep undercover to investigate government corruption in a totally non-partisan manner . . .

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »
$1500 dirt track race car
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 07:53:35 PM »
Poor rural family comes into unexpected wealth, moves to Beverly Hills, and attempts to adapt to the city and a wealthy lifestyle.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
Poor rural family comes into unexpected wealth, moves to Beverly Hills, and attempts to adapt to the city and a wealthy lifestyle.

Sounds like the Kardashians

Uranus is a gas giant.

MechAg94

• friend

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 09:45:32 PM »
Poor middle eastern familiy comes into unexpected wealth, moves to Bel Aire, and attempts to adapt to the city and a wealthy lifestyle.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GAKzeC1XlDfO/

Or maybe bring back an ancient sport, chariot racing - with a few updates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=ajNTwOeJe3U&feature=emb_logo
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 10:04:44 PM »
A rebel captain and his ragtag crew try to eke out a living under the noses of an overbearing government.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 10:07:58 PM »
That looks challenging.  Takes two good drivers.

The dirt track a couple towns to the west of me has a chain race every summer, I haven't been able to fit it in my schedule. One of the features is three cars chained together.

Uranus is a gas giant.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 10:12:00 PM »
Seven people marooned on a deserted island who are constantly trying to escape and almost succeed except for the ongoing incompetence of one of them.

Find out how long it takes for the other six to decide to just kill him so he no longer frustrates their plans. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 10:13:02 PM »
A rebel captain and his ragtag crew try to eke out a living under the noses of an overbearing government.
That will never work.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »
Seven people marooned on a deserted island who are constantly trying to escape and almost succeed except for the ongoing incompetence of one of them.

Find out how long it takes for the other six to decide to just kill him so he no longer frustrates their plans. 
Those poor people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQppUxTpdzU

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 10:15:36 PM »
How fast a pig herd can eat something.

Uranus is a gas giant.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »
How fast a pig herd can eat something.

You want to send the cast of the View to a buffet?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.