Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 123390 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #1300 on: February 09, 2024, 10:32:54 AM »
Michelle Obama has reportedly been sounding out potential donors in New York despite claiming she has no interest in being President.  IMHO, the presidency would be hers for the taking.

But then she'll jump in to "save democracy". It's much more dramatic in a the superhero arrives just in time way.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 10:49:10 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1301 on: February 09, 2024, 10:43:47 AM »
The U.S. Oil and Gas Association has a sense of humor, at least:

https://twitter.com/US_OGA/status/1755698448152576298
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1302 on: February 09, 2024, 10:44:48 AM »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #1303 on: February 09, 2024, 10:47:53 AM »
The horror, the horror
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1304 on: February 09, 2024, 11:06:53 AM »
But then she'll jump in to "save democracy". It's much more dramatic in a the superhero arrives just in time way.

[tinfoil]/
She has been making some pretty adamant statements lately about wanting nothing to do with politics and how much she hates politics. How many times have we here discussed that in a perfect world the best person for a job like President would be the qualified person that you had to drag in kicking and screaming to do the job?

I by no means believe she is qualified for the position. She was First Lady, which means she should have just spent her time in the White House kitchen (and were a female President, I would say that the "First Gentleman" should only be mowing the White House lawn). We don't elect royalty in the US.

However just think, as has been pointed out, what a "last minute hero" she would be to the sheep. This poor woman complaining about how much she hates politics now having no choice but to run for President and take on this terrible burden "to help the country". Yeah, she would likely win, and that would be the dems playing chess. / [tinfoil]
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1305 on: February 09, 2024, 11:30:59 AM »
I find myself wondering after the Hur Report whether this is the opening gambit for the Democrats removing Biden from office.  The cabinet could use a 25th Amendment challenge to declare him unfit for office.  If it isn't their opening gambit, it certainly provides an avenue for them to do so if the movers and shakers of the party want to do it.
Michelle Obama has reportedly been sounding out potential donors in New York despite claiming she has no interest in being President.  IMHO, the presidency would be hers for the taking.

They'll wait until it's too late to run any meaningful primary election.  Then they'll just name whoever they want and the voters won't have any say.

March or April is my guess.  Too late for a primary but plenty of time for a general election campaign.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1306 on: February 09, 2024, 11:32:23 AM »
Now it's "it was late at night and he had had a hard day"
7:45pm is late at night now

Remember when the presidential test was the "3 a.m. phone call"? That's now apparently a 7:45 p.m. phone call that would likely go unanswered.

https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?action=post;topic=61926.1300;last_msg=1427175
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1307 on: February 09, 2024, 11:35:51 AM »
Not the Babylon Bee  :rofl:

Gonna build a wall with Gaza and make Mexico pay for it and boy are they gonna be confused.
    — Rand Paul (@RandPaul) February 9, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/09/rand-paul-wall-with-gaza-n2392757
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1308 on: February 09, 2024, 12:04:03 PM »
We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself
to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning,
elderly man with a poor memory. Based on our direct interactions with and
observations of him, he is someone for whom many jurors will want to identify
reasonable doubt. It would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict
him-by then a former president well into his eighties-of a serious felony that
requires a mental state of willfulness.

I wonder if his lawyers spoke to him about creating that impression.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1309 on: February 09, 2024, 12:27:49 PM »

In the corruption thread I did ask this
"Any chance Biden is faking this or at least some of it to get out of legal hot water?"
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1310 on: February 09, 2024, 12:48:36 PM »

I think he's legitimately in mental decline, too many crossed wires coming out as stories (All the "I talked to a dead person" stuff), and the arms while walking and the Roomba stuff.

That said, either him or his handlers (or both) hamming up the "Aw Shucks, I'm a forgetful old grandpa" shtick in any DOJ interviews is probably a sure bet.  Also, let's be real, the DOJ would be looking for a plausible reason to decline to prosecute him, for sure.  As much as he tries to come off as a genial old guy, I've seen enough lost temper, snapping ate reporters and voters to bet a decent bottle of whiskey that any prosecutor that tried could bait him in to a full Jack Nicholson "You Can't Handle the Truth!" speech on the stand. (with more 1940's colloquialisms)

I mostly responded to Ben, becasue like the rest of you, I've seen a ton of social media and YouTube versions of "Biden's DOJ even say's he's not fit!!11!!!", and when I read the actual report, I found that that is not at all what they said.  In fact, since they said they think he did it willfully, they just don't think they can convince a jury he did, the implication is they know he's playing it up, on purpose, but can't prove it.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1311 on: February 09, 2024, 12:54:52 PM »
In the corruption thread I did ask this
"Any chance Biden is faking this or at least some of it to get out of legal hot water?"

Like this guy?

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2005-dec-20-me-gigante20-story.html

If he's faking it, he deserves an Oscar for the performance.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1312 on: February 09, 2024, 01:10:40 PM »
I mostly responded to Ben, becasue like the rest of you, I've seen a ton of social media and YouTube versions of "Biden's DOJ even say's he's not fit!!11!!!", and when I read the actual report, I found that that is not at all what they said.  In fact, since they said they think he did it willfully, they just don't think they can convince a jury he did, the implication is they know he's playing it up, on purpose, but can't prove it.

When was the willful part, 10 years ago when he was VP?  It shouldn't matter whether he currently has the mental capacity.  We have not problem convicting frail 90-something yo Nazis (whenever we find one still alive) for crimes committed during WW2 that they would not be incapable of now.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1313 on: February 09, 2024, 01:11:06 PM »

These are valid points, I won't deny - actually I'll agree - that they are likely playing up the "forgetful grandpa walking around looking for the glasses that he's wearing" shtick. With the bajillion videos illustrating this, why not take advantage of it?

What's concerning about it is that they, or at least Biden seems to believe that he's tip top. Possibly with the people around him and manipulating him telling him he is. Even when you take the video editing that shows the worst of it into account, the guy - every single day - makes major gaffs and talks about stuff that never happened.

Biden has made *expletive deleted*it up his entire career. Even videos of him in his 40s show him making *expletive deleted*it up nearly every time he opens his mouth. Only back then he was actively lying. When he does it now, some of it is still lying, but it seems to me most of it is him not knowing what's going on. From my own experience with elder dementia, he's at the point when families normally start the elder care and keeping an eye on the elders so they don't wander off down the road in their underwear. I still contend that he is absolutely within the definition of mental characteristics that fall within the 25th Amendment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1314 on: February 09, 2024, 01:46:26 PM »
These are valid points, I won't deny - actually I'll agree - that they are likely playing up the "forgetful grandpa walking around looking for the glasses that he's wearing" shtick. With the bajillion videos illustrating this, why not take advantage of it?

What's concerning about it is that they, or at least Biden seems to believe that he's tip top. Possibly with the people around him and manipulating him telling him he is. Even when you take the video editing that shows the worst of it into account, the guy - every single day - makes major gaffs and talks about stuff that never happened.

Biden has made *expletive deleted*it up his entire career. Even videos of him in his 40s show him making *expletive deleted*it up nearly every time he opens his mouth. Only back then he was actively lying. When he does it now, some of it is still lying, but it seems to me most of it is him not knowing what's going on. From my own experience with elder dementia, he's at the point when families normally start the elder care and keeping an eye on the elders so they don't wander off down the road in their underwear. I still contend that he is absolutely within the definition of mental characteristics that fall within the 25th Amendment.

My mil is nearing that stage.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1315 on: February 09, 2024, 01:46:58 PM »

I currently believe the narrative that the Dem party is having something of a crisis, in that they brought this creepy grandpa in to beat trump with the understanding he'd be a one termer, and they'd swap him for someone woker to carry on.  There were articles before Biden's inauguration talking about him as a transition president for the Dems.  Then, amidst all their high fives, they forgot to make sure Joe was in on the plan.

Now he's wandering around with *just* enough cognition to believe he's the only one that can save us from the evil Trump, and he can't stop now.  So instead of their cat's paw bowing out gracefully, they are dealing with Angry Grandpa with a savior complex, and no good way out.

Also their heir apparent can't win a national election, but has an untouchable intersectional identity, so they're double *expletive deleted*ed.

If it weren't the CinC leading down this road like a panicked horse pulling an out of control stagecoach, it would be funny.

hat said, the Executive Branch did not say he was too far gone to face prosecution.  The right wing news is being click-baity.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #1316 on: February 09, 2024, 02:25:46 PM »
Since it has been well established through the Biden experiment that a functioning President with abilities beyond what a puppet might embody is not necessary, all decisions and work being carried out anonymously behind the curtain, I think that a Michelle O candidacy, however incompetent and inexperienced she might actually be at administrative and executive duties, is perfectly acceptable for the people calling the shots.

If you can get by with a senile demented individual as POTUS, then anyone with an agreeable face that can read a teleprompter will do. Candidates aren't even expected to debate anymore. We are in an era of "carshow model" statesmanship... stand on the stage, look good and read the script you are given with a smile. Hell Biden can't even smile and he is chugging along into WW3 just fine, just imagine a charismatic strong minority female that may or may not identify as a woman that carries a lefty's favorite last name.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1317 on: February 09, 2024, 02:45:46 PM »
I suspect that Mrs. Obama is not tractable enough for the plan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1318 on: February 09, 2024, 04:26:11 PM »
I suspect that Mrs. Obama is not tractable enough for the plan.
I think you're right - were I the puppet master behind the scenes shoveling tons of money her way, I wouldn't count on Michelle Obama to stay bought should she win.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1319 on: February 09, 2024, 04:27:50 PM »
I think you're right - were I the puppet master behind the scenes shoveling tons of money her way, I wouldn't count on Michelle Obama to stay bought should she win.

Who is the most likely avatar for them to pick?  I'd say Newsom but he doesn't tick any intersectional boxes.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1320 on: February 09, 2024, 06:31:31 PM »
Who is the most likely avatar for them to pick?  I'd say Newsom but he doesn't tick any intersectional boxes.

He'll come out as a gay pederast?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #1321 on: February 09, 2024, 06:44:32 PM »
He'll come out as a gay pederast?

Too plausible.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1322 on: February 09, 2024, 07:42:28 PM »
Too plausible.

I mean, just look at him.  Serious creep out vibe.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1323 on: February 09, 2024, 10:15:51 PM »
Since it has been well established through the Biden experiment that a functioning President with abilities beyond what a puppet might embody is not necessary, all decisions and work being carried out anonymously behind the curtain, I think that a Michelle O candidacy, however incompetent and inexperienced she might actually be at administrative and executive duties, is perfectly acceptable for the people calling the shots.

If you can get by with a senile demented individual as POTUS, then anyone with an agreeable face that can read a teleprompter will do. Candidates aren't even expected to debate anymore. We are in an era of "carshow model" statesmanship... stand on the stage, look good and read the script you are given with a smile. Hell Biden can't even smile and he is chugging along into WW3 just fine, just imagine a charismatic strong minority female that may or may not identify as a woman that carries a lefty's favorite last name.

If Mrs. Obama is sufficiently likeable, and can act well enough, that might work. If the puppet lacks those qualities, the too-obvious fakery and stoogeyness will likely be catastrophic. And if Republicans manage to have another Reagan, or DeSantis 2022, or Trump 2016 candidate: heaven help you...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1324 on: February 10, 2024, 07:56:38 AM »
4D Chess: Trump Forces Judge To Grant Full Immunity After He Speaks Gibberish And Shakes Hands With The Air
https://babylonbee.com/news/4d-chess-trump-forces-judge-to-grant-full-immunity-after-he-speaks-gibberish-and-shakes-hands-with-air
- Calvin and Hobbes