Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 123411 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #1350 on: February 13, 2024, 10:49:58 AM »
Read some murmurings that some of the names bandied about (Newsom, Obama etc) cannot get on enough state ballets due to filing deadlines to be the democratic nominee. Yesterday a whole bunch of states filing deadlines passed.

-Alaska
-Connecticut
-Idaho
-Indiana
-Maryland
-Nebraska
-New Jersey
-New Mexico
-Oregon
-South Dakota
-Wyoming
- District of Columbia

https://ballotpedia.org/Deadline_to_run_for_president,_2024
Ballot deadlines? We don't need no stinking deadlines! Not when ignoring them would help Democrats!

FOR EXAMPLE, as far back as 2002, ballot deadlines were thrown out in New Jersey when Torricelli dropped out of the race past the deadline to replace him.

Under New Jersey law, a party can replace a statewide nominee on the ballot if the person drops out at least 51 days before the election. Torricelli missed that deadline by 15 days.

However, Democrats say decades of state court decisions put voters' rights above filing deadlines and other technical guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/lautenberg-to-be-torricellis-replacement-in-senate-race
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1351 on: February 13, 2024, 12:52:39 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1352 on: February 13, 2024, 01:16:44 PM »
Seen on my Internetz:

If I could wave a magic wand and have another viable option, I would do it. However, I am currently left with this choice:
Option A: An old president who has, by any reasonable standard, done a decent job as president. He may struggle with normal age related challenges, but has a capable team supporting him.
Option B: A criminal who intends to use the office of president to enrich himself and his friends regardless of the obvious harm it will cause the rest of the country and the rest of the world.
Seems pretty simple to me.

Which one is which?

He is the most effective president since Nixon, and you could make the argument he’s on par with LBJ.
He suffers a significant lifelong speech challenge. As he ages, it is harder and harder for him to overcome it while speaking extemporaneously. That is not good for a modern President who can’t operate behind closed doors with people he’s communicated with for decades.
If he were 61 and not 81, he’d be a landslide winner in ‘24. But too many people look at video and not at accomplishment.

"Everything is fine."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1353 on: February 13, 2024, 01:20:50 PM »
He suffers a significant lifelong speech challenge.

That is suddenly popping up everywhere. "Give the guy a break, he has a stutter." That's no stutter. I've looked at old video of him and compared to now. He's doing what old people do when they have a brain fart and get frustrated. My old man was doing that a lot his last few years. He'd be mad at himself for forgetting something he felt he should know/remember and would hesitate in his speech as he tried to think of what to say.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1354 on: February 13, 2024, 01:43:20 PM »
Michelle is supposedly not interested in running.
We'll see what next week brings on that

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1756793796510224732

Ex-Obama Senior Advisor David Axelrod says Michelle Obama is NOT going to run for POTUS in 2024:

“She never was interested in a political life. Even when Barack Obama was a young politician, she really didn’t participate much in his campaigns. I was with him in a Senate campaign… pic.twitter.com/gyjCftEm7v
    — Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) February 11, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/13/michelle-obama-is-out-thank-god-n2392903
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1355 on: February 13, 2024, 01:47:10 PM »
So if no Michelle who other than Biden or Kamala have the dems got? Newsom? Hillary?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #1356 on: February 13, 2024, 02:16:10 PM »
I don't think that Hillary's narcissistic future president inner child will bear a second rejection. She won't risk it.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1357 on: February 13, 2024, 02:39:00 PM »
I think you're smoking crack if you think Kamala wil step aside.  It's Biden, or Harris.  That's who they have.  If they try and squeeze someone else in, Harris' narrcassitic personality will cry the victim to the ends of the earth and split the party rather than quietly fade away.

Remember, from her POV, she's never lost an election.  She withdrew from the primary in 2020 sure, but every general she's gone to she's won.  In her mind, she's electable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Kamala_Harris

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1358 on: February 13, 2024, 02:59:41 PM »
'
Michelle is supposedly not interested in running.
We'll see what next week brings on that

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1756793796510224732
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/13/michelle-obama-is-out-thank-god-n2392903

I find this interesting as she was recently reported by two or three different sources to have been quietly sounding out a few big money donors to see if she would have support should she choose to "ride to the last minute rescue" of the party.
I suppose each of those sources could have been quoting some other single person, and that source could have been making things up out of whole cloth.  Hard to tell with the political reporting on both sides these days.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1359 on: February 13, 2024, 03:19:15 PM »
Seen on my Internetz:

Which one is which?

"Everything is fine."

Objectively the criminal enriching himself and family is the Bidens.  Seriously,  Trump's net worth declined by around $1bil while potus.  Biden has only gotten richer.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1360 on: February 13, 2024, 03:27:34 PM »
I think you're smoking crack if you think Kamala wil step aside.  It's Biden, or Harris.  That's who they have.  If they try and squeeze someone else in, Harris' narrcassitic personality will cry the victim to the ends of the earth and split the party rather than quietly fade away.

Remember, from her POV, she's never lost an election.  She withdrew from the primary in 2020 sure, but every general she's gone to she's won.  In her mind, she's electable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_history_of_Kamala_Harris

Biden could be removed.  There is, of course no obvious, public motivation for kamala to step aside.  But, if the D power brokers want it, she will step aside, or be shoved aside. And if shoved, no media outlet will give her a platform to air her grievances.

If they want to ditch Biden and not have kamala for 4+ years, they'll 25th/kill Biden, probably around March or April, let kamala be potus for 9-10 months (1st birthing person potus!!!), but she'll be bribed or compelled to not run.  Then either Trump wins or whichever avatar the Ds want wins.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1361 on: February 13, 2024, 03:51:53 PM »
I think if "they" had that much control over their folks, Biden would have stepped aside already.  The Pwers clearly wish him to, but he's gone all Angry Granpa and is holding on to the bitter end.  I see no evidence they have any more control over Kamala.

She backed out of the primary in 2020 specifically to position herself as a DEI VP pic, and later run for President, a position she clearly wants.  I don't think she'll settle for 9 months of seat filler.  She wants the job.

Hell even if Joe makes it through the election and loses, I expect we'll see Mrs. Harris again in 2028 touting her experience.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #1362 on: February 14, 2024, 02:06:58 PM »

If they want to ditch Biden and not have kamala for 4+ years, they'll 25th/kill Biden, probably around March or April, let kamala be potus for 9-10 months (1st birthing person potus!!!), but she'll be bribed or compelled to not run. 

Nigh to impossible they don't have something to blackmail her with, if necessary.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1363 on: February 14, 2024, 05:20:46 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/joe-biden-is-a-model-of-vigor-and-excellence/

He told jokes. He quoted Shakespeare. He played Bach on his miniature harpsichord. At 81, Biden is redefining the Renaissance man. A chance reference to my honeymoon in Paris prompted him to sketch me a complete map of the city. An esoteric question about chess led to his running in detail through each of Kasparov’s wins. “Einstein,” he exclaimed at one point, “was an absolute clown.” And out came the chalkboard.

We were halfway through our fifth game of one-on-one basketball when finally I flagged. “You tired, Jack?” he asked me, triumphantly. I admitted that I was. “Then that’s five in a row,” he replied. “Time for me to prepare dinner.”

His lobster Thermidor was perhaps the best I’ve ever tasted. But it was when we got to the sixth course that I understood the sheer scale of his culinary genius...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1365 on: February 15, 2024, 01:20:26 PM »
    ... In the press conference, Biden said ""How in the hell dare he raise that. Frankly when I was asked the question I thought to myself it wasn’t any of their damn business." The report raises again the concern over whether Biden is diminished mentally or knowingly deceptive...
    — Jonathan Turley (@JonathanTurley) February 15, 2024

According to a report by NBC Biden is the one who brought up the subject of his son not Hur.
When even NBC contradicts Biden you know he dug a hole.

So, Joe LIED. AGAIN: Hur Report Takes ANOTHER Bad Turn for Biden as This Whopper About His Son Comes Out
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/15/nbc-reports-biden-brought-his-son-up-not-hur-n2392975
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1366 on: February 15, 2024, 03:53:41 PM »
Biden Says He Can't Remember A Single Time When His Memory Has Failed Him
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-says-he-cant-remember-a-single-time-when-his-memory-has-failed-him
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1367 on: February 19, 2024, 09:08:51 AM »
Now the tactic is Trump is even worse

Politics professor at the University of British Columbia, Paul Quirk, has assessed the cognitive functioning of both presidential front runners
He warned Trump's decline is 'more apparent' but that Biden's 'cognitive failure' could be disastrous in a second term

Yeah, I always get all my medical advice from politics professors

Trump's 'slurred speech and gross, repeated errors' show his cognitive decline is 'MORE apparent' than Biden's, UBC professor claims, in frightening assessment of presidential front runners
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13098413/Biden-Trump-Cognitive-Decline-Worse.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1368 on: February 19, 2024, 09:24:22 AM »

Trump's 'slurred speech and gross, repeated errors' show his cognitive decline is 'MORE apparent' than Biden's, UBC professor claims, in frightening assessment of presidential front runners
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13098413/Biden-Trump-Cognitive-Decline-Worse.html

Yes, I'm seeing this everywhere ever since the report broke. Suddenly Trump is suffering stage 3000 dementia.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1369 on: February 19, 2024, 09:56:25 AM »
Biden can't be that bad - he's the 14th best President in US history. Trump is dead last, of course.

The idea that Reagan, who brought down the Berlin Wall, is ranked lower than Biden, pretty much tells me most of what I need to know.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/19/presidential-greatness-survey-biden-is-13-n2393082

http://www.brandonrottinghaus.com/uploads/1/0/8/7/108798321/presidential_greatness_white_paper_2024.pdf

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #1370 on: February 19, 2024, 09:56:33 AM »

You know, bullSchiff.  For every president from at least Clinton on, probably Reagan on, I have seen articles alleging mental or psych issues with them.  Our Guy is always a shining white knight, the other guy is loosing it, a psychopath, dangerous narcicssist, whatever.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1371 on: February 19, 2024, 11:55:00 AM »
Biden can't be that bad - he's the 14th best President in US history. Trump is dead last, of course.

The idea that Reagan, who brought down the Berlin Wall, is ranked lower than Biden, pretty much tells me most of what I need to know.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/19/presidential-greatness-survey-biden-is-13-n2393082

http://www.brandonrottinghaus.com/uploads/1/0/8/7/108798321/presidential_greatness_white_paper_2024.pdf

My favorite comment at the twitchy link: "No matter how much you hate the media, it's not enough."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1372 on: February 19, 2024, 12:53:15 PM »
My favorite comment at the twitchy link: "No matter how much you hate the media, it's not enough."

Add academia to that.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #1373 on: February 19, 2024, 12:59:22 PM »
Face it - a LOT of progressive democrats think that Lincoln was a progressive democrat...

It is a religion, and they shall not stray from the dogma, lest they be shunned by their peers...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1374 on: February 20, 2024, 08:17:26 AM »
Headline from the Babylon Bee's pay section

"Harris Practicing Falling Down Stairs In Case She Needs To Replace Biden "

Next she needs to work on falling UP stairs
- Calvin and Hobbes