Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 123663 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #1375 on: February 20, 2024, 10:47:06 AM »
Headline from the Babylon Bee's pay section

"Harris Practicing Falling Down Stairs In Case She Needs To Replace Biden "

Next she needs to work on falling UP stairs

Figured she'd be kneeling.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1376 on: February 20, 2024, 10:49:55 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1378 on: February 22, 2024, 08:43:40 AM »
I think this goes here, based on: "There's no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad owner".

These poor dogs. Commander has apparently been removed from the WH after 24 bites, including 11 that required medical attention. Recall that Major was kicked out a while back. I cannot believe that these are vicious, untrainable dogs. Biden is filthy rich from his illegal money operations. He could book a year with Cesar Milan if he wanted to, but it would likely make no difference.

Dogs cue to their owners. A professional trainer could have them well-behaved, but if their owners are "untrained", it won't help. I imagine there is a toxic environment around the old man that yells at clouds, and the dogs likely cue off that emotion. Angry owner, angry (or nervous) dog. I haven't heard anything about Major biting anyone since he has been given to "family friends".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/records-show-biden-dog-commander-attacked-secret-service-members-times
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1379 on: February 22, 2024, 08:51:39 AM »
I didn't know the dog had returned to the White House since his first banishment. 24 bites! That's just insane -- that's a dog that would have been put down if it belonged to any common citizen.

And, yes -- my family had a German Shepherd when I was growing up. They are not naturally biters -- they react as they are trained (or not trained). Aside from our own GSD, I have known many other folks with GSDs, and with maybe one exception they were all friendly once introduced as "friend." And the one exception wasn't dangerous -- he just didn't tolerate strangers trying to pet him. "You don't bother me, I won't bother you."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1380 on: February 22, 2024, 08:53:02 AM »
Dogs cue to their owners. A professional trainer could have them well-behaved, but if their owners are "untrained", it won't help. I imagine there is a toxic environment around the old man that yells at clouds, and the dogs likely cue off that emotion. Angry owner, angry (or nervous) dog. I haven't heard anything about Major biting anyone since he has been given to "family friends".

Yep, pets often take after their owners. They have an amazing ability to pick up on what their owner is feeling and follow suit.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1382 on: February 22, 2024, 10:48:01 PM »
I didn't know the dog had returned to the White House since his first banishment. 24 bites! That's just insane -- that's a dog that would have been put down if it belonged to any common citizen. . . .
I wonder how long I would have lasted as a Secret Service agent - if the dog had bitten ME hard enough to draw blood, I would've shot it right then and there. (Summary dismissal and blackballing from Federal service, or reassignment to Perfection, Nevada . . . wonder which I'd get.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1383 on: February 22, 2024, 11:17:17 PM »
I wonder how long I would have lasted as a Secret Service agent - if the dog had bitten ME hard enough to draw blood, I would've shot it right then and there. (Summary dismissal and blackballing from Federal service, or reassignment to Perfection, Nevada . . . wonder which I'd get.)

I've been wondering the same thing, why the Secret Service didn't kill the dog.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1384 on: February 22, 2024, 11:46:17 PM »
"Couldn't someone just carry him up the stairs?!"

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1760699734254133557
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1385 on: February 23, 2024, 08:10:23 AM »
I've been wondering the same thing, why the Secret Service didn't kill the dog.

How would they do that? They can't just take the dog from the President of the United States and drive it to the pound, and a Glock going off inside the White House would certainly have interesting effects.

Also, you shoot the owner, not the dog.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1386 on: February 23, 2024, 08:17:19 AM »
How would they do that? They can't just take the dog from the President of the United States and drive it to the pound, and a Glock going off inside the White House would certainly have interesting effects.

Also, you shoot the owner, not the dog.

They shoot the dog then claim there was a MAGA led assassination attempt on Biden.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1387 on: February 23, 2024, 08:56:21 AM »

Am I the only one that hears the word "sneakers," and immediately assumes the speaker is an 85-year-old woman?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1388 on: February 23, 2024, 09:11:11 AM »

I am surprised they don't just use a lift of some kind.  I guess a chair lift would make him look older, but just rig up a scissor lift to step up on and raise him up to the door level. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1389 on: February 23, 2024, 09:33:17 AM »
Am I the only one that hears the word "sneakers," and immediately assumes the speaker is an 85-year-old woman?

Without sticking up for the angry old man, dress shoes are lame. I only had to do suits at a limited level at work, and often in those circumstances, could get away with dress jeans and a blazer, which allowed for any number of "dress" Timberland chukkas that were both comfortable and had a sole that wouldn't slip on the ice if I was in DC in Winter. On the occasions that I had to wear a real suit, I found some Ariat dress boots that had non-slip soles.

I repeat - dress shoes are lame.

I think something similar to this is what they have Biden in:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/grand-crosscourt-wingtip-sneaker-men/6555239

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1390 on: February 23, 2024, 09:35:41 AM »
I am surprised they don't just use a lift of some kind.  I guess a chair lift would make him look older, but just rig up a scissor lift to step up on and raise him up to the door level.
https://twitter.com/Brick_Suit/status/1760034907651559705
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1391 on: February 23, 2024, 10:44:24 AM »
Without sticking up for the angry old man, dress shoes are lame. I only had to do suits at a limited level at work, and often in those circumstances, could get away with dress jeans and a blazer, which allowed for any number of "dress" Timberland chukkas that were both comfortable and had a sole that wouldn't slip on the ice if I was in DC in Winter. On the occasions that I had to wear a real suit, I found some Ariat dress boots that had non-slip soles.

I have some Red Wing dress shoes that are comfortable and have grippy soles.  I'm not sure if they make them anymore, I bought them many years ago. I wear them when my black leather athletic shoes are not dressy enough (which is seldom)

Those look perfect for what he needs.  I might get a pair for myself to wear in the winter; my Red Wings are brown and sometimes brown shoes don't make it.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1392 on: February 24, 2024, 11:14:36 AM »
Biden from around 40 years ago when he just lied, vs a combo of lying and not knowing where he is.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/F05l3djx3ns?feature=share

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1393 on: February 24, 2024, 11:29:06 AM »

I'm just grousing about the word choice. I never say "sneakers," because it sounds like a straight-up Grandma word. I just can't believe so many people my age call them that. When I was a kid, we called them "tennis shoes," even though we didn't play tennis. I would call them "trainers," but most Americans wouldn't know what I'm talking about, so...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1394 on: February 24, 2024, 11:32:59 AM »
I'm just grousing about the word choice. I never say "sneakers," because it sounds like a straight-up Grandma word. I just can't believe so many people my age call them that. When I was a kid, we called them "tennis shoes," even though we didn't play tennis. I would call them "trainers," but most Americans wouldn't know what I'm talking about, so...

To continue thread drift, we called them tennis shoes in my day too (and I still do). I wonder how much of it is regional, in a "soda vs pop" kind of way?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1395 on: February 24, 2024, 11:34:18 AM »
To continue thread drift, we called them tennis shoes in my day too (and I still do). I wonder how much of it is regional, in a "soda vs pop" kind of way?

Tennis shoes
Soft drinks
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1396 on: February 24, 2024, 01:26:43 PM »
Tennis shoes
Soft drinks
Weird.

We always called them pop shoes and basketball drinks.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1397 on: February 24, 2024, 01:27:41 PM »
Weird.

We always called them pop shoes and basketball drinks.

You must be from Indiana   :P
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1398 on: February 25, 2024, 02:34:55 PM »
Don't forget "deck shoes", those comfortable slip-ons with those soft corrugated soles for gripping wet boat decks.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1399 on: February 25, 2024, 05:15:39 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.