Author Topic: Border Crisis (Not Ours)  (Read 1365 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Border Crisis (Not Ours)
« on: March 02, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »
Turkey has eased its border restrictions and warned Europe to be prepared for a flood of immigrants. I had no idea there were 3.5 million Syrians hanging out in Turkey and trying to get to Europe. Interesting timing, both in the fact that much of Europe (the people, not the governments) is getting sick of this now, and with a rush of illegal migrants during a pandemic.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-warns-europe-to-expect-millions-of-migrants
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Border Crisis (Not Ours)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 11:55:44 AM »
I mean tbh, I can't say I blame them for letting them pass through once they've made it in, rather than forcing them to stay and be their problem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »
I mean tbh, I can't say I blame them for letting them pass through once they've made it in, rather than forcing them to stay and be their problem.
No kidding.

A few years back, a couple of European countries had their knickers in a wad because another country (Hungary? Poland? Czech republic? Don't remember exactly) had closed their border and weren't accepting the "pass through" traffic the first couple of countries had accepted. "Refugees" were backing up at the border and the countries that had originally admitted them, assuming they'd pass through and become someone else's problem, were upset.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 12:08:04 PM »
I saw a twitter post reportedly showing groups loyal to the Turkish govt working to drive them out of Turkey.  It said they were pushing them to go on to Greece.  Don't know if it was legitimate, but it wouldn't surprise me.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
Yeah, I might not think much of the Turkish government, but who the heck can support >1 million refuges who show up in a surge. I'd be telling the big mouth Euro governments to put their money where their mouth is as well. I feel bad for my relatives in Germany who are sick of this *expletive deleted*it, but you gotta vote your bums out of office, man.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »
The Greek citizens of atleast one island (Lesbos?) went on the assault against the riot police sent there to quell the anti-immigrant riots they were expecting. Sent them packing back to Athens after they attacked the hotel they were staying at and beat them up.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
^^^This is what happens when you mess with lesbians.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 11:18:00 PM »
The Greek citizens of atleast one island (Lesbos?) went on the assault against the riot police sent there to quell the anti-immigrant riots they were expecting. Sent them packing back to Athens after they attacked the hotel they were staying at and beat them up.

So, how long before the Greek.gov decides to put the peasants back in their place and arrest or kill their own citizens subjects to facilitate the invading hoard of 3rd worlds goat herders?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 08:06:11 AM »
Light on information, but if true, this is how you make friends with the residents of your host...

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/03/02/greek-orthodox-church-in-lesvos-vandalised-by-refugees/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 08:10:47 AM »
Immigration has always been a weapon of war.

Damage the culture, bring in diseases, install a new voting constituency etc.

Some people are more loyal to their destructive ideology than they are to the people of their own nation. Even when the results of their ideological possession are slapping them in the face.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 01:35:06 PM »
So, how long before the Greek.gov decides to put the peasants back in their place and arrest or kill their own citizens subjects to facilitate the invading hoard of 3rd worlds goat herders?

Awhile, it appears. The article has gone dark, but there was an article earlier today that the Greeks have deployed police and military to the Turkish border to stop the immigrants. This article makes mention of barbed wire on the border.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/gadfly/a-new-refugee-crisis-could-break-the-eu-and-erdogan-knows-it

I have friends in Greece, and they are not especially fond on Mr. Erdogan.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 02:53:17 PM »
I image tha plenty of Greeks pour engine oil in their flower beds, if you catch my drift. :police:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila