Author Topic: Shooting in Milwaukee  (Read 3179 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Shooting in Milwaukee
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »
Nope. Even without it, the press would have smothered this one with a pillow. Remember the "mass shooter" in Virginia Beach? That story disappeared quickly, and for the same reasons.

Navy Yard shooter, too.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »
Other reports quoting neighbors say he'd been angry and paranoid after falling off a ladder, and making a workman's comp claim, and claiming there were "spies" in cars on his street watching him. (PI's verifying his injury?)

Was Dwight Schrute watching him?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2020, 02:40:57 PM »
I heard an NPR reporter doing an interview when this first happened.  He asked the interviewee about the possibility of racism being involved.  As in, had the shooter been a victim of racism or racial slurs or something and that's why he did it.  I'm guessing this was not the case or else the media would have been trumpeting the "fact" that the perpetrator was actually a victim . . . .

Sounds like there may have been some racism involved.

Six current and former employees and others with knowledge of the brewery said overtly racist acts have occurred there for years. A noose was found on Ferrill’s locker in 2015, they said, prompting a brewery-wide meeting with human resources.

“Our HR team notified him of the incident, it was investigated fully, no camera footage was available to show who placed it on the locker,” the company said in a written statement to The Washington Post.

The company said it offered security and human resources services to Ferrill, but did not say whether he had made use of them.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2020, 03:01:13 PM »
Well, obviously he was fully justified then.
 :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »

It is at least equally likely that he was already disgruntled and put the noose in his own locker, given the prevalence of racist vandalism hoaxes.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2020, 03:33:34 PM »
It is at least equally likely that he was already disgruntled and put the noose in his own locker, given the prevalence of racist vandalism hoaxes.

We'll never know, but the odds are good. And it would possibly align with his workmans comp lawsuit and being angry that he believed PI's were monitoring him to see if he was faking.

Miller Brewing has a strong union culture, and union grievance culture too. When I worked IT there back over 23 years ago in the late 90's in the corporate offices, you couldn't move a computer from one desk to another, you had to load it on the cart, and then wait for the corporate (union) laborers to move it down the hall within 24 hours, and then you could set it back up on it's new desk.

I'm guessing to some, that's complete [tinfoil] but to others used to working in a union shop, or where Union and corporate mix together might just call that "Tuesday".
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2020, 03:50:16 PM »

I saw that article.  It had nothing but hearsay.  Yet the tone of the article was that all the statements were true and incontrovertible.  I'm not saying the statements were false, I've seen those kinds of cartoons, etc, albeit not in a professional setting.  I'm just saying they aren't necessarily true.

My favorite quote:  “Everyone knows the environment we worked in."  Because what "everyone knows" is so often 100% accurate . . .   ;/

And, as RKL said, even if true it by no means justifies his actions.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2020, 03:54:14 PM »
I saw that article.  It had nothing but hearsay.  Yet the tone of the article was that all the statements were true and incontrovertible.  
HR confirmed it...
“Our HR team notified him of the incident, it was investigated fully, no camera footage was available to show who placed it on the locker,” the company said in a written statement to The Washington Post.

And, as RKL said, even if true it by no means justifies his actions.
I haven't seen anyone say otherwise (although I haven't been looking particularly hard).

A possibility? Sure. Equally likely? I dunno about that.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2020, 04:09:34 PM »
HR confirmed it...
I haven't seen anyone say otherwise (although I haven't been looking particularly hard).

Being a Milwaukeean and actually having worked at Miller for 10 years in one IT capacity or another, I'd say at least on an anecdotal gut-level it's at least "equally likely" he put the noose up himself. If not slightly more likely.  It really fits with the guy trying to deflect from his own work performance, and the contested workplace comp injury as well.
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2020, 04:13:52 PM »
HR confirmed it...

HR confirmed it...

Nobody said it would justify his actions, I was just restating the obvious I guess.  There are an awful lot of fake hate crimes being reported.  There was one about the same time as this noose incident that occurred at UW Parkside in Kenosha, IIRC.  Kenosha is just 30 miles south of Milwaukee.  I think even odds might be about right . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2020, 04:22:36 PM »
As a exercise, do any of you know of a recent "noose" incident that was proven true (meaning actually placed there by a white racist) ?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 04:27:37 PM »
Nobody said it would justify his actions, I was just restating the obvious I guess.  There are an awful lot of fake hate crimes being reported.  There was one about the same time as this noose incident that occurred at UW Parkside in Kenosha, IIRC.  Kenosha is just 30 miles south of Milwaukee.  I think even odds might be about right . . .

I'd say a little more than even. Not that I can relate well... but in my mind is a noose even the "go to" symbol for a white person trying to express racial hate in 2000's America? It's obviously to imply a lynching, but lynchings largely gone since the 1960's, and in the north here in Wisconsin gone longer than that. Hell, I'm not trying to say that Milwaukee is some paragon of racial tolerance, but white Milwaukee did actually riot on behalf of a runaway slave back in the day. Almost an anti-lynching of sorts... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Glover

All anecdotal I know. But I feel like the "noose thing" is possibly more likely to be false flag than others because it gets ingrained in certain minds during black history lessons, and a piece of rope or cable is relatively low effort too.
I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »
Unless I'm confusing this incident with another workplace shooting, didn't one of the shooter's co-workers complain that the shooter spent much of his work day watching Netflix on his cell phone? He probably became disgruntled when it was suggested to him that he might be expected to work for that paycheck he received on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:06:48 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design