Author Topic: I feel I have crossed a milestone  (Read 1295 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
I feel I have crossed a milestone
« on: February 06, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
Today, I think I officially progressed in the aging process.

I have thrown my back out...by sneezing wrong. I wasn't even aware that was possible.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: I feel I have crossed a milestone
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 05:06:36 PM »

I have thrown my back out...by sneezing wrong. I wasn't even aware that was possible.

I have a fractured vertebra in my lumbar region because of something very similar.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
I just turned 52 so I'm taking notes on what to expect.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: I feel I have crossed a milestone
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 05:23:30 PM »
I just turned 52 so I'm taking notes on what to expect.

Brad
....I'm 34

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 07:09:56 PM »

:rofl: :rofl:
Getting old has just begun to suck.
 :old:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 07:52:47 PM »
Getting old sure ain't for wimps.
I hate to admit it, but I've pulled muscles in my back just getting out of bed.   ;/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 10:48:46 PM »

I can attest, on the basis of first-hand experience, that it is VERY possible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 10:55:01 PM »
If you're not on a first name basis of a decent chiropractor,  might be time to find one.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »

I did that in my 20s. But I've got a crappy back.

A few weeks ago I pulled a muscle in my upper back tossing around bags of pellets for my stove. Got so bad that I had to go to urgent care for muscle relaxers and pain killers. Couldn't sleep, couldn't get comfortable at all.

It's still not gone away, and a few days I dicked it up again... by coughing.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 08:02:32 AM »
I blew out a sciatic disc 3 or 4 years ago taking a 8" hop off a step.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 08:10:06 AM »
Well today's progress, at least thus far, I can stand up straight again....after a minute or two of stretching into said upright position and cussing.

Grow up they said. It'll be fun they said. Lying bastards.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 08:12:06 AM »
Getting old is definitely a young man's game.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 08:29:27 AM »
I've never pulled a back muscle from sneezing, but holy hell, one of the most excruciating things I experience if I have a pulled back muscle is sneezing while driving. I think because  I can't prep my body for it because I can't really shift position without creating a safety hazard. Hate it when that happens.

For Lupinus, I will do my usual plug for yoga. Never to early to start my friend, and the entire reason I started was due to chronic back pain from being a 6'3" guy stuck in small aircraft cockpits. Results are fast, and as long as you do even 5-10 minutes every day, you're giving yourself "back insurance".

It's no guarantee against doing something stupid - I do something stupid at least once or twice a year. However, with yoga and a couple of doses of Aleve, I'm at 100% in a day or two instead of a week.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 09:06:13 AM »
Welcome to the club of aging ailments.  Despite being in good shape, and lifting heavy things in the gym regularly, I tweaked my neck last night through the simple act of rolling over.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 12:29:45 PM »
I did the same thing at about the same age myself, you're in august company.   ;/
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 10:56:35 AM »
With some lingering stiffness in the area and nagging from a friend I broke down and went to a chiropractor yesterday for the first time.

It was actually quite pleasant, though I'm not sure if the chiropractor being impressed by the sounds my neck made is a good or a bad thing.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 12:13:54 PM »
Consider accupuncture, as well.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
With some lingering stiffness in the area and nagging from a friend I broke down and went to a chiropractor yesterday for the first time.

It was actually quite pleasant, though I'm not sure if the chiropractor being impressed by the sounds my neck made is a good or a bad thing.

That's a good thing.

I'm currently being treated by the chiropractic department at the VA hospital (yes, many VA hospitals offer chiropractic). They practice a new, kinder, gentler form of chiropractic, that to me seems more like therapeutic massage than chiropractic. It's relaxing and pleasant ... and basically ineffective. I had a session yesterday and I briefly discussed this with the attending chiropractic doc. But -- he's a professor at the nearby school from which they draw the chiropractic residents, so his position is that the old-school (what I call "real") chiropractic is out-dated and that actual manipulation/adjustment is unnecessary. That means (as he explained it) that the reason I'm not better after several treatments is that I'm getting old, not because their treatments don't work.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design