Poll

How many people do you know who have tested positive.

38 (48.7%)
9 (11.5%)
7 (9%)
3-5
6 (7.7%)
6 +
8 (10.3%)
I know of someone through a trusted source I personally know
8 (10.3%)
I have first hand knowledge of someone one through my job
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus  (Read 55861 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Personal impact of the Wuhan Virus
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Why are they flying empty planes? 

I had heard union rules had some part in that, but it didn't make sense.

I think it's a game of chicken for bailout money.  They kept flying empty planes so they could point to losing revenue when it came time to get a bailout. Certainly, they were hoping for federal limitations or grounding like 9/11 so they could blame the government directly.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2020, 11:38:26 AM »
This is my counties site for China Virus information.

They have a map breaking infections down by each town.

We're a "collar" county. Immediately to the east/right is Cook County dominated and ruled by Mordor on Michigan ie Chicago.

https://www.dupagehealth.org/590/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19-Inform
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2020, 12:58:49 PM »
And, I was wrong.

I've just been ejected from my office for two weeks because of a possible exposure to Corona almost... two weeks ago.

So, if I don't show any symptoms by the beginning of next week, I can go back because that was 2 weeks... right?

Nope. Two weeks from today.

Jesus monkey *expletive deleted*ing a football Christ...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »
And, I was wrong.

I've just been ejected from my office for two weeks because of a possible exposure to Corona almost... two weeks ago.

So, if I don't show any symptoms by the beginning of next week, I can go back because that was 2 weeks... right?

Nope. Two weeks from today.

Jesus monkey *expletive deleted*ing a football Christ...

I got booted from my state capital complex office 17 days ago (I only go there maybe 3x a month) and not allowed to go on road either, work is getting really boring.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2020, 03:20:43 PM »
Just got some really good news from my company. My pay is going to be fully covered during this time. Details will have to be worked out as the situation catches up with the new laws, etc., but at least I'm not going to have to factor in 1 or 2 short paychecks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2020, 03:23:55 PM »
Just got some really good news from my company. My pay is going to be fully covered during this time. Details will have to be worked out as the situation catches up with the new laws, etc., but at least I'm not going to have to factor in 1 or 2 short paychecks.

Great news!

Uranus is a gas giant.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2020, 04:22:47 PM »
Why are they flying empty planes? 

I had heard union rules had some part in that, but it didn't make sense.

Nothing to do with unions, afaik.  We still have some customers, so we still fly some flights.  My company has reduced the flying by 75%, but unless there is a government mandated shutdown, we will keep flying some flights.

As part of this bailout, we are obligated to operate essential routes, although I don't know if that is defined any where. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2020, 04:24:49 PM »
Nothing to do with unions, afaik.  We still have some customers, so we still fly some flights.  My company has reduced the flying by 75%, but unless there is a government mandated shutdown, we will keep flying some flights.

As part of this bailout, we are obligated to operate essential routes, although I don't know if that is defined any where. 

Also, cancelling flights means refunds of already purchased tickets. If they fly and passengers don't show up, they keep the fare.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2020, 04:25:46 PM »
There is a huge cluster in NH around the community that a lot of them live in.

Location, location, location.  

I think it has less to do with us airline people and more to do with the location.  We are about 1 hour to Boston and there is a high percentage of commuters around here.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2020, 07:59:10 PM »
Brother of a friend tested positive, he's in California.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2020, 09:08:31 PM »
I have an Internet friend from my profession and a few groups we frequent that has been chatting with me offline who has been tested positive for the Wu Flu. Apparently he's more of a "carrier" than a "victim" at this point. he's late 50's, I believe, but is weathering it well, thank God.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2020, 10:17:18 PM »
Nother positive at work. Just received notice not to show up tomorrow as ops are suspended for 24hrs to do disinfecting

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2020, 11:34:33 PM »
Here is a scenario for the hive mind's advice.  My grandson and his sig other and their two kids live with us at the moment.  She is a day care teacher.  Wretched Gretchen our Michigan governor declared day care's as essential services.  SO was told that she had a choice because 2/3 of the kids are not coming to day care.  Parents are laid off keeping kids home.

The offer is this:  Work 2 days for 2 days pay. OR Take a voluntary lay off, but you can't claim unemployment as you choose not to work.  SO took unpaid leave because she doesn't want to endanger our greatgranddaughters, our grand son and us for 2 days pay...$80.00 minus taxws.  I suspect the millionaire owner is scamming so her unemployment insurance premiums would not go up if she actually laid off 2/3 of the employees.  Her business also has less than 500 employees so she might be scamming to get some government money because she is "still open" and has employees.  Anybody got any thoughts on this?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

brimic

• friends
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2020, 05:02:28 AM »
Then those of us that work are reminded daily ‘if you are sick, stay home!.’ Then there are posters on every.single.wall. Stating “If you are sick, stay home!”
Then the company sends out an email every single day stating “If you are sick, stay home!”
Everyone was notified 3 weeks ago that lower tier workers (yeah I got screwed on this one) got an added week of vacation to use if they get sick, so that there is no excuse to come in to work if sick.

And yet, some >insert long string of profanities< comes into work on an off shift and sits at her desk for hours, sick with a fever too sick to work, getting at least one other person sick. We are busier than ever, I’m working 70+hrs a week along with a lot of others, and we just lost an entire shift for a week- they were all ordered to stay home and be re-evaluated next week. What’s more, this person lives in the ghetto hot zone if our state abd was using public transit.

I am *expletive deleted*ing livid.

ETA: the other person that got sick is in his 60s, not in the best physical condition, is probably out best worker, and has his desk right next to mine.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2020, 07:46:43 AM »
Then those of us that work are reminded daily ‘if you are sick, stay home!.’ Then there are posters on every.single.wall. Stating “If you are sick, stay home!”
Then the company sends out an email every single day stating “If you are sick, stay home!”
Everyone was notified 3 weeks ago that lower tier workers (yeah I got screwed on this one) got an added week of vacation to use if they get sick, so that there is no excuse to come in to work if sick.

And yet, some >insert long string of profanities< comes into work on an off shift and sits at her desk for hours, sick with a fever too sick to work, getting at least one other person sick. We are busier than ever, I’m working 70+hrs a week along with a lot of others, and we just lost an entire shift for a week- they were all ordered to stay home and be re-evaluated next week. What’s more, this person lives in the ghetto hot zone if our state abd was using public transit.

I am *expletive deleted*ing livid.

ETA: the other person that got sick is in his 60s, not in the best physical condition, is probably out best worker, and has his desk right next to mine.

Ayep, gotta love plague rats. Had one the other day come in and wasn't noticed for a few hours before being sent packing. Despite it being shouted from the roof tops that if you feel so much as a sniffle stay the hell home. Currently a confirmed fever gets you up to three days, paid, without having to use PTO. Confirmed 'rona for you or household is a full two weeks. I work distribution for one of the large pharmacy chains, our distribution center services over 1000 stores- the entirety of the southeast minus Florida, a bit west past the Mississippi, and most of the mid-Atlantic and into southern PA. We're already working most of the building at round about 60 hours a week. If it rolls through building it'd not be a good thing. So they've gone very err on the side of keeping the plague rats home in the temporary policy changes.

Fun side note I work in the receiving office scheduling inbound freight, and occasionally the desk dealing with truck drivers. The supply chain on most product types isn't bad but is starting to feel the pain. And I'd say a good 50% of the truck drivers are now coming in gloved up and masked.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2020, 09:47:40 AM »
And I'm back at the office.

After further consultation, the leadership decided that the possible exposure vector did not constitute enough of a concern to debar us from work for 2 weeks.

The only thing that is consistent right now is change, and how fast change is happening. It's like repeated whiplash.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2020, 11:03:13 AM »
My cousin (55) and her adult daughter are home quarantined with pneumonia (outside of Detroit).

No covid 19 test administered.

If my cousin gets worse they will admit her and test her.

Seems like an odd protocol during a pandemic.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2020, 11:52:30 AM »
My cousin (55) and her adult daughter are home quarantined with pneumonia (outside of Detroit).

No covid 19 test administered.

If my cousin gets worse they will admit her and test her.

Seems like an odd protocol during a pandemic.
I would have thought pneumonia would get you admitted.  That is serious.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2020, 11:55:51 AM »
I would have thought pneumonia would get you admitted.  That is serious.

Maybe. Depends on blood oxygen levels, and whether it responds to antibiotics. If you are getting enough oxygen and the z-pac works, there is no reason to be in the hospital.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2020, 12:01:47 PM »
Maybe. Depends on blood oxygen levels, and whether it responds to antibiotics. If you are getting enough oxygen and the z-pac works, there is no reason to be in the hospital.

Beat me to it.

Uranus is a gas giant.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2020, 01:07:24 PM »
Probably between Washington, D.C. and the home districts of various  more senior congresscritters. (The ones who don't have a government plane at their disposal.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »

Plus, if your sick and you don't have it, the hospital is the LAST place you want to be. Even with precautions in place, you know it's still going to get transferred.

If you aren't going to die in the next ten minutes, STAY HOME.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2020, 02:16:25 PM »
Plus, if your sick and you don't have it, the hospital is the LAST place you want to be. Even with precautions in place, you know it's still going to get transferred.

If you aren't going to die in the next ten minutes, STAY HOME.

I'm with you on the stay home.

What I find peculiar is not testing her or her daughter that lives with her when they both have pneumonia.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »
Friend of mine sent me a message, she is selling her whisky/wine/cocktail bar because our bars are shut down until Apr 30 and she can't afford to reopen after setting idle for 45 days. Plus we don't know if this date will be extended, already has been once.

I feel a lot of small businesses are going to be permanently closed due to the virus.

Uranus is a gas giant.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
Friend of mine sent me a message, she is selling her whisky/wine/cocktail bar because our bars are shut down until Apr 30 and she can't afford to reopen after setting idle for 45 days. Plus we don't know if this date will be extended, already has been once.

I feel a lot of small businesses are going to be permanently closed due to the virus.

The smoothie place beside my office went out of business even before the full shutdown.

We're doing what we can to support local business, but this is a killer for a lot of them.

My wife's business is basically zero, now. Thankfully, as she has a home studio, it really doesn't cost her anything to shut down. She just doesn't make money while shut down, unlike other businesses who have costs that must be covered whether they are running or not.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought