Author Topic: COVID19 predictions  (Read 43132 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: COVID19 predictions
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
Which is still FAR fewer than the number of Americans we'll lose to the scourge of gnu violence in the same span! BAN GNUS NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4oQPJYM02A
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
For you It’s just the flu types......
https://vimeo.com/398334975
Video from an Italian hospital treating COVID patients.

That looks a lot like one I've seen come out of china a month or so ago, except with a lot less corpses.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »
Illinois is apparently going to Shelter in Place... https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/gov-pritzker-to-issue-shelter-in-place-order-for-illinois-beginning-saturday/

Means the IA, MN, and WI will probably doing the same. Fudge!!!

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
I'm expecting Virginia to eventually go that route. That's one reason why I'm taking Seren to my friends'. She'll have a big yard to run around in.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:29 PM »
I'm expecting Virginia to eventually go that route. That's one reason why I'm taking Seren to my friends'. She'll have a big yard to run around in.

My office has definitely been acting as though that is what they are expecting, too.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2020, 02:59:26 PM »
Illinois is apparently going to Shelter in Place... https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/gov-pritzker-to-issue-shelter-in-place-order-for-illinois-beginning-saturday/

Means the IA, MN, and WI will probably doing the same. Fudge!!!

Yeah. I was talking to our engineer today. Our site leader has applied for federal exemptions/passes for critical industry or something like that. Lock downs are almost certainly coming.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2020, 04:08:20 PM »
Here's a prediction I made on the 17th, though it wasn't recommended and put on the public side of Ricochet until today.

https://ricochet.com/732418/wuhan2k/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2020, 05:05:16 PM »
Here's a prediction I made on the 17th, though it wasn't recommended and put on the public side of Ricochet until today.

https://ricochet.com/732418/wuhan2k/

Few pause to consider that maybe the Y2K roll-over was no big deal because we “over-reacted,” and mitigated the disaster before it could occur. In the same way, I predict that people in late 2020 (us) will mock those idiots (us) who hoarded toilet paper* and canceled sportsball. Even though we idiots are saving (some of) their lives. Let’s hope so.

Good stuff.  It's wild that the only way to know if they overreacted would have been to do nothing. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2020, 09:46:21 PM »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2020, 04:59:37 AM »
Good stuff.  It's wild that the only way to know if they overreacted would have been to do nothing. 

Exactly.

In other news, China list 15 million cell phone subscribers in the last 2 months... take that any way you like, whether it be that people discontinued their service from job loss, or that they no longer have a need for cell phones.

Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2020, 07:15:34 AM »
Exactly.

In other news, China list 15 million cell phone subscribers in the last 2 months... take that any way you like, whether it be that people discontinued their service from job loss, or that they no longer have a need for cell phones.
I also read this. Should probably try to find it on /pol/ and look into it further.

Edit to add, if someone does not realize why this is A Big Deal: your entire online identity is tied to your phone number in China - social media, banking, social credit score, paying for everything from chewing gum to haircuts, it is all connected to your primary cell phone number.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:05:18 AM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

brimic

• friends
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »
I also read this. Should probably try to find it on /pol/ and look into it further.

Edit to add, if someone does not realize why this is A Big Deal: your entire online identity is tied to your phone number in China - social media, banking, social credit score, paying for everything from chewing gum to haircuts, it is all connected to your primary cell phone number.

I found that on /pol/ the other night. There are 3 major phone companies in China, which showed the loss of subscribers...

I remember seeing videos last month with a giant pile of cell phones from people coming into the hospitals. I imagine they were taken away right away to try to stop the information from getting out plus the expectation that people checking into the hospitals weren’t ever going to leave.

ETA: this would explain the chatter about Chinese government put an order in for a huge number of incinerators  .

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
Speaking of China: I’ve been grilling one of our buyers (the only one still on site) about shipments from China...
Our Shanghai site is apparantly still up. One of our suppliers in Wuhan did just send us some shipments (we don’t know when it will get in yet), but the materials all have a 2019 lot. So it seems they are just shipping inventory. We have no idea if they are actually up and running.

Luckily we have other suppliers for the same materials in South Korea and Taiwan.

Barack Obama

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
I found that on /pol/ the other night. There are 3 major phone companies in China, which showed the loss of subscribers...

I remember seeing videos last month with a giant pile of cell phones from people coming into the hospitals. I imagine they were taken away right away to try to stop the information from getting out plus the expectation that people checking into the hospitals weren’t ever going to leave.

ETA: this would explain the chatter about Chinese government put an order in for a huge number of incinerators  .
I first read about it on a Facebook page, then I went to look at /pol/ today. There´s one active thread and 3 archived ones about it last I looked.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

brimic

• friends
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2020, 12:57:11 PM »
I first read about it on a Facebook page, then I went to look at /pol/ today. There´s one active thread and 3 archived ones about it last I looked.

There’s almost too much to wade through. There is always an open thread about Corona Chan, which probably gets archived more than once a day.

Barack Obama

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2020, 12:58:28 PM »
There’s almost too much to wade through. There is always an open thread about Corona Chan, which probably gets archived more than once a day.
I meant that the archived ones were still open to read on 4chan rather than having to go to one of the archiving sites.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2020, 06:10:30 PM »
I predict in less than 3 weeks after this over, people will start to not trust the scientists and doctors again.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2020, 06:43:31 PM »
I predict in less than 3 weeks after this over, people will start to not trust the scientists and doctors again.

Public trust in the intelligencia has declined in the past few decades, It is well-deserved. Scientists, apparently, not so much.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/03/22/public-confidence-in-scientists-has-remained-stable-for-decades/

Science is not supposed to be about trusting the pronouncements of some special caste of people, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 07:00:23 PM by fistful »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
Public trust in the intelligencia has declined in the past few decades, It is well-deserved. Scientists, apparently, not so much.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/03/22/public-confidence-in-scientists-has-remained-stable-for-decades/

Science is not supposed to be about trusting the pronouncements of some special caste of people, anyway.

Unless it is about a subject wherein "The Science Is Settled" like globular warmulating. The not trusting the chosen peoples is evil and criminal and badthink.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2020, 07:12:47 PM »
Unless it is about a subject wherein "The Science Is Settled" like globular warmulating. The not trusting the chosen peoples is evil and criminal and badthink.

What happens when you politicize the science.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »

One would think otherwise, with the antivaxx (and other) movements.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »

That's how you get manmade climate change wealth redistribution schemes...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2020, 08:49:40 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2020, 09:12:20 PM »
Very long read with predictions

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894

Pretty much says we are tanking our economy without justification or reason.  COVID-19 is not worth all the FUD.
But don't let actual hard data prevent you from getting your panic on.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2020, 09:20:33 PM »

Like checking people's temperature at airports?  It's Scientology , not science.  This is the gun control of epidemiology,  It's what you do instead of something.  Along with passing a dem's wetdream list of free *expletive deleted*it bills.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.