Author Topic: Virginia elections...  (Read 978 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Virginia elections...
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:08:04 PM »
The gov. has pushed back the elections in Virginia...

His original shelter in place order generated a lot of controversy in the state because it ended 1 day AFTER the scheduled Republican primary elections in the state.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-update-dc-maryland-virginia-april-8/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:07:59 AM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Virginia elections...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 11:14:27 AM »
Interesting how different states are handling this. We vote in May, and our very conservative governor has gone to mandatory mail-in versus postponing the election.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »
Wisconsin should have dealt with the election in March instead of Evers trying to postpone it the day before the primary.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 11:27:43 AM »
Wisconsin should have dealt with the election in March instead of Evers trying to postpone it the day before the primary.
That was a mess. I don't understand why they didn't do anything to postpone it.
Also very Obama-esque saying he doesn't have the legal authority to do something (which is true) and then doing it the next week.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 11:28:11 AM »
Under the governor’s plan, absentee ballots that have already been cast in local and town elections will be discarded, and voters will have an opportunity to re-cast their ballots in November, according to Virginia Secretary of Administration Keyanna Conner.

What kind of holy hell would be unleashed if a Republican did that?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 11:32:49 AM »
What kind of holy hell would be unleashed if a Republican did that?

All of it.

ALL of the holy hell you could imagine.

Along with impeachment hearings, arrest warrants, special legislative commissions and panels, and an absolutely relentless media campaign decrying to abridgement of civil liberties.

And all conducted without the slightest whiff of hypocrisy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.