Author Topic: Thread Drift  (Read 4784 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Thread Drift
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2020, 08:41:07 AM »

That thing is awesome. Where is that? Paris?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2020, 09:01:36 AM »

Not sure.
Someone said drift and how about a boat drifting
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2020, 09:05:43 AM »

Reminds me of Amsterdam, the roof lines of the buildings in the end of the clip look very Dutch. I was in Amsterdam 19 years ago, canals everywhere.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2020, 09:19:42 AM »
Reminds me of Amsterdam, the roof lines of the buildings in the end of the clip look very Dutch. I was in Amsterdam 19 years ago, canals everywhere.

That's the Dutch flag, so it looks like you're right.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2020, 09:50:46 AM »

I was in Amsterdam about 40 years ago and I don't ever recall looking at rooflines. Sailors on liberty have different priorities!!! ;)   =|

bob

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »

I was in Amsterdam about 40 years ago and I don't ever recall looking at rooflines. Sailors on liberty have different priorities!!! ;)   =|

bob

To the Red Light district... STAT!

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2020, 10:40:51 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2020, 10:43:04 AM »
Amsterdam is one of those "check it off your list" things for twentysomething guys.  :laugh:

I was through there for a day and a night while backpacking through Europe. I remember I met some Canadian guy on the train who was also traveling solo, so we teamed up. Went to the Space Cake place, and ate brownies that tasted like chocolate covered hay. Looked, but didn't partake, in very rough looking hookers in windows. The hostels were all full, but we found some old lady selling room in her attic. Up a ladder to a room with like a dozen beds and a 6' ceiling, across the street from a gay biker bar. I recall sleeping with my Buck 110 under my pillow.  :laugh:

I had much better luck with girls in Denmark, Sweden, and Spain. Comically, all American girls.

https://youtu.be/B0KZTdHad48

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2020, 12:12:14 PM »
Amsterdam is one of those "check it off your list" things for twentysomething guys.  :laugh:

I was through there for a day and a night while backpacking through Europe. I remember I met some Canadian guy on the train who was also traveling solo, so we teamed up. Went to the Space Cake place, and ate brownies that tasted like chocolate covered hay. Looked, but didn't partake, in very rough looking hookers in windows. The hostels were all full, but we found some old lady selling room in her attic. Up a ladder to a room with like a dozen beds and a 6' ceiling, across the street from a gay biker bar. I recall sleeping with my Buck 110 under my pillow.  :laugh:

I had much better luck with girls in Denmark, Sweden, and Spain. Comically, all American girls.

https://youtu.be/B0KZTdHad48

My first thought when I saw the pic was, "Gee, Ben you looked a lot like that guy from the IT guys when you were younger."

Two second later. "OH"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
My first thought when I saw the pic was, "Gee, Ben you looked a lot like that guy from the IT guys when you were younger."

Two second later. "OH"

I'm still often told that I look like Moss.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:46 PM »
I'm still often told that I look like Moss.  =D

Is that the brunette or redhead?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »
Is that the brunette or redhead?

Green.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
Stolen Joke....  "If oil goes any lower, ExxonMobil is going to have to lay off a few members of Congress."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:54:31 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »
Boy, this has been a fast snow melt.  Six inches and 20-ish °F at bedtime last night, but as of about 3 PM, 50°F and almost all gone except in shady spots.  Melting ice in rain gutter downspouts constantly making noise as ice falls through them.

Surely, based on these temperature samples, it should be 195°F by next Wednesday.

I haven't had the TV on all day, but I wonder if there are any flash flood warnings.

Terry
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:51:42 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.