Author Topic: Democrats October Surprise Prediction  (Read 4519 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Democrats October Surprise Prediction
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2020, 03:02:25 PM »
That may depend on who you ask.  I am sure Democrats like him.

I think it depends on what they are trying to do on replacing Biden or just selecting a VP.  Are they trying to consolidate the base or pull in non-Democrat voters?

If they wanted broader appeal, they wouldn’t have backed Biden.  Bernie was their best shot at beating Trump. 
Cuomo comes across as a leader who means business in a time of crisis.  He’s managing COVID for NY very well. 
He’s getting a *expletive deleted*it tonne of free airtime too.
I wouldn’t vote for him, though.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2020, 05:55:20 PM »
If they wanted broader appeal, they wouldn’t have backed Biden.  Bernie was their best shot at beating Trump. 
Cuomo comes across as a leader who means business in a time of crisis.  He’s managing COVID for NY very well. 
In the car today I flipped over to listen to Hannity rant.

Cuomo was on the show, they know each other well.

Great in the interview and I think if not this time around next time around he'll throw his hat in the ring.

I'd say he still needs some polish but Trump got elected so that obviously isn't a prerequisite.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 08:41:03 AM »
In the car today I flipped over to listen to Hannity rant.

Cuomo was on the show, they know each other well.

Great in the interview and I think if not this time around next time around he'll throw his hat in the ring.

I'd say he still needs some polish but Trump got elected so that obviously isn't a prerequisite.

It was 9/11 that elevated Guliani to the national stage.  Whether Cuomo has aspirations beyond NY's Governor, we'll see.  But the crisis has afforded him a platform like no other to get into people's living rooms.

Mike Dewine of Ohio hasn't gotten the TV time, but a lot of people have praised his response and management.  I've watched some of his updates.  Ohio responded faster than many more populated states, and appears to be better poised to "reopen" than many of them.  He doesn't have that TV quality, but he's really exhibited a level of leadership that hopefully the RNC won't ignore for the future.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 12:03:38 PM »
Vice President HRC on Jan 21, 2021

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 02:45:19 PM »
Biden will drop out from sexual assault accusations. Warren will be the Dem candidate.

I think Dittohead is right, but it would be entertaining to see Hillary Clinton get clobbered again. Or Elizabeth Warren, same thing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
I think Dittohead is right, but it would be entertaining to see Hillary Clinton get clobbered again. Or Elizabeth Warren, same thing.

Things aren't looking so bright for Warren right now, she just lost her Land O'Lakes gig

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/20/land-olakes-redesign-bids-farewell-to-longtime-native-image
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 11:22:39 AM »
I'm seeing on the Book of Faces some of my left friends starting to say Cuomo for President.

Jamis, DeWine is 73, so I don't know if the RNC will tap him for anything.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 12:30:23 PM »
IMO, Bernie would self destruct when people asked him to get specific on his policies.  He sounds good to people as long as he sticks with generalities.  Presidential Candidates normally have to get more specific as they get close to the election (except if your name is Obama, then you just say "hope and change"). 

I thought Tulsi Gabbard had the best chance of going head to head with Trump in debates, but she seems to be an outsider and I don't think the DNC wanted her.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2020, 06:42:42 PM »
IMO, Bernie would self destruct when people asked him to get specific on his policies.  He sounds good to people as long as he sticks with generalities.  Presidential Candidates normally have to get more specific as they get close to the election (except if your name is Obama, then you just say "hope and change"). 

I thought Tulsi Gabbard had the best chance of going head to head with Trump in debates, but she seems to be an outsider and I don't think the DNC wanted her.   

I don't think she was liberal enough for the screaming leftists like AOC
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 10:50:03 PM »

Mike Dewine of Ohio hasn't gotten the TV time, but a lot of people have praised his response and management.  I've watched some of his updates.  Ohio responded faster than many more populated states, and appears to be better poised to "reopen" than many of them.  He doesn't have that TV quality, but he's really exhibited a level of leadership that hopefully the RNC won't ignore for the future.

Dewine is an authoritarian dweeb that got elected based on how completely awful his Dem opponent was.  He's a solid RINO and all about gun control,  and I can't wait to vote against him in the next election.  If I wanted *expletive deleted*ed by my state government I'd just vote dem and skip a few steps. 

Kung Flu "leadership" be damned.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »

It's interesting to me and show just how much the party wants control of the process.

She absolutely destroyed Harris in the debate. Hit her with her own words and record.

I would think that's exactly what you want to see in a candidate. (Her own positions and fairly liberal, and not that different from the rest of the field, as well.)

Instead, for taking out their "RISING STAR!" they did everything they could to punish her. Smart play would have been to move to the new "diverse" face. Instead, they made sure she never got any more exposure after that. Too dangerous to their plans.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 11:21:55 AM »
Yesterday I listened to the Babylon Bee podcase Episode 23: LoserThink With Scott Adams, from last November.   Scott Adams is, it is said, an astute observer of marketing and manipulation, and he called the DJT win early on.

One comment he made in this episode is, all the D. candidates are flaming out and dropping out, DJT is a shoo-in in 2020.   "Unless something big happens."

And, what do ya know, here we have something big.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 12:43:49 PM »
I don't think she was liberal enough for the screaming leftists like AOC

I'm not sure Marx would be "liberal" enough for AOC, in fact she would probably accuse him of being a far right extremist if he was around today. She moves the goalpost pretty far to the left.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:57:51 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 01:10:53 PM »
I'm not sure Marx would be "liberal" enough for AOC, in fact she would probably accuse him of being a far right extremist if he was around today. She moves the goalpost pretty far to the left.

Well, he was a white dude...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife