Author Topic: What level of apoplexy....  (Read 3590 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
What level of apoplexy....
« on: April 15, 2020, 03:16:58 PM »
Will a Trump win in 2020 generate? 

In line with my other prediction topic (Dem's october surpise) what prediction will you make regarding the level of bats*** craziness to be expected from a Trump win in 2020?

Aside from the accusations of racism, voter suppression, cheating, collusion with $COUNTRY....   I think that there will be a major freakout by the far left.  Like suicidal level of freaking out from some.   Especially from the types that donated their entire student loan payment to Bernie's campaign.

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: What level of apoplexy....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 04:09:19 PM »
I guess a question would be, how much crazier can they get? They're already approaching the kind of line that they maybe don't want to cross. I might expect an antifa resurgence, along with somebody on our side deciding enough is enough.

The MSM will just continue on. The dems will continue on "impeachment". Hopefully 50% of celebrities will actually keep their words move to Canada.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 10:48:48 PM »
One of the Bernie Sisters I'm friends with was fuming about Biden being the candidate. She said if Trump is re-elected, we only have him for 4 more years and he's now predictable. She said if Biden gets elected, it could be 8 years of ingrained establishment and who knows where that will take us. I do think a lot of progressives are going to sit this one out.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 11:09:50 PM »
So far, the Resistance/Antifa rallies have had little to no actual body count, so there are certainly levels of apoplexy the Left has yet to access. Instead of torching a limo, a la Disrupt J20, they could try burning down Republican politicians' houses. We could see several more ballpark shooters, or worse.

What I think is more likely is that the Left will turn all their fury on anyone they can identify as a Trump voter. They may try to "cancel" anyone and everyone who disagrees with them. Same tactics, just on a different scale.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 11:29:36 PM »
I was typing this out and posted it before I read fistful's post.  I guess we agree.
------------
I expect a lot of individual and personal and surreptitious vengeful attacks on anyone who touted President Trump.  Not on me, of course, because I'm a sweetheart. (And I tend to keep my mouth shut.)

But I know how passionate, self-righteous humans react when things don't go their way and they're frustrated.  They'll take any opportuity to lash out and their tantrums block out their sense of fair play and even... dare I say it? ...legality.

WRT the country as a whole, I'm not making or taking any bets, and I haven't fired a shot in more than a year, but I might just go down to the range for a little practice a month or so before the election just to make sure I'm well-regulated.

"Regulated," as in, you know, "regular army," regular guy," "a regulated watch," "well-trained," and "well-equipped."

Not in the sense of "trammeled," or "restricted," or "subject to all kinds of rules and regulations."

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 11:43:13 PM »

"Regulated," as in, you know, "regular army," regular guy," "a regulated watch," "well-trained," and "well-equipped."

Not in the sense of "trammeled," or "restricted," or "subject to all kinds of rules and regulations."

Terry

Wish I still had the link, but somewhere out there is a scanned copy of a dictionary from about 1760 that only had your first definition, the second wasn't in it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 12:32:29 AM »
Any even somewhat lefty state will probably try to keep shooting ranges closed through the election.  For our safety during the pandemic. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 08:00:49 AM »
Wish I still had the link, but somewhere out there is a scanned copy of a dictionary from about 1760 that only had your first definition, the second wasn't in it.

The link is somewhere on the site here.  I just can't remember the name of the dictionary, or I would have done a search and posted the link.

Edit: The morning coffee kicked in and I remembered. Here are some links:

https://publicdomainreview.org/collection/samuel-johnson-s-dictionary-of-the-english-language-1785#0-0

https://johnsonsdictionaryonline.com/

Or maybe even better - pick your edition and ebook form:

https://openlibrary.org/works/OL14862662W/A_dictionary_of_the_English_language
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 08:05:38 AM »
Will a Trump win in 2020 generate? 

In line with my other prediction topic (Dem's october surpise) what prediction will you make regarding the level of bats*** craziness to be expected from a Trump win in 2020?

Aside from the accusations of racism, voter suppression, cheating, collusion with $COUNTRY....   I think that there will be a major freakout by the far left.  Like suicidal level of freaking out from some.   Especially from the types that donated their entire student loan payment to Bernie's campaign.

The economy and COVID deaths.  Trump was very slow to respond to the China Flu.  So they'll blame him for dragging it out, the deaths of however many people (Biden will get the number wrong, probably say some *expletive deleted*it like "30 million" but he'll get a media pass), and tie in the long lasting sty at home orders because it took so long to peak, and the economy cratering because of it.  That's my prediction.
The death toll will be the screeching noise. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 08:12:17 AM »
The economy and COVID deaths.  Trump was very slow to respond to the China Flu.  So they'll blame him for dragging it out, the deaths of however many people (Biden will get the number wrong, probably say some *expletive deleted*it like "30 million" but he'll get a media pass), and tie in the long lasting sty at home orders because it took so long to peak, and the economy cratering because of it.  That's my prediction.
The death toll will be the screeching noise. 

I'm not saying Trump did a great job super quickly on the COVID response, but as it shapes up he acted faster, then many world leaders, the US death rate is better then much of Europe, and as he pointed out with his youtube video dis track if the media/dems want to attack him for being too slow there are hours of role where those same people said he was over reacting and acting too quickly.

I don't think that's a big win for them.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »
I'm not saying Trump did a great job super quickly on the COVID response, but as it shapes up he acted faster, then many world leaders, the US death rate is better then much of Europe, and as he pointed out with his youtube video dis track if the media/dems want to attack him for being too slow there are hours of role where those same people said he was over reacting and acting too quickly.

100% agree. He was attacked for even minimal response back in FEB, because "the flu is worse" (which, hey, it might still be). Now the same media is screaming that he didn't, and still isn't, doing enough. Whether people, even members here, think he's doing a good job or not, I think there's a big balancing act that has to be done on the fronts of freedom, economy, and safety (and I put safety last because in a free society, that's where it should be - freedom can be dangerous).

Also, I think we're one of the more open first world countries responding to this, so our mistakes are just as visible as our successes.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »
It won't surprise me if the left decides to impeach Trump again for, well . . . just because.

That's assuming they keep the House. Hopefully, Pelosi will be at best (or is it at worst?) minority leader.

I also will expect some lefty talking head on TV - most likely on CNN or MSDNC - to slip up and actually advocate some blatantly illegal, violent, and felonious action in response.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 08:43:21 AM »
Mostly some more tears (How could it happen again?!?) some more threats to move to some heaven on earth (but nobody will leave) some more cries about the end of democracy (he stole the online vote) and another impeachment because he, and other Neanderthals, spent money to TRY and win the election (how dare they!?!)
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 09:21:21 AM »

Much of Europe dicked around, too.  We're not alone.  And it's probable at this point that China lied about the origin and the severity of their outbreak, leading to a slower response by much of the world.
Trumps early statements will be the rally cry, followed by breathless reporting of death tolls.  Right or wrong, and no matter the number.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 09:58:35 AM »

What do they have that's better?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 10:25:34 AM »
What do they have that's better?

The usual:
Racisim, Hates women, doesn't care about poor people, damages our credibility in the world, feckless and schizo foreign policy, cozies up to dictators.  Kinda the standard.

Healthcare isn't really much better off then in 2016, and he didn't accomplish repeal and replace.

Iraq and Syria are still a shitshow, even if he get's the troops out.

Economy could go either way...Yeah it's COVIDfucked right now, but if the recovery can be spun as soft compared to the EU, then there's a "Trump's economy was an unsustainable bubble" narrative to be pushed.

Immigration for the party faithful.  He's still all racisim-hatey, although that might be a landmine based on recent events showing that control over the borders could be useful even if you leave them open.  Hard to predict.

That's kinda what I'd expect the Dem's to push.  Reasonably safe easy hits on Trump.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »
The usual:
Racisim, Hates women, doesn't care about poor people, damages our credibility in the world, feckless and schizo foreign policy, cozies up to dictators.  Kinda the standard.

Healthcare isn't really much better off then in 2016, and he didn't accomplish repeal and replace.

Iraq and Syria are still a shitshow, even if he get's the troops out.

Economy could go either way...Yeah it's COVIDfucked right now, but if the recovery can be spun as soft compared to the EU, then there's a "Trump's economy was an unsustainable bubble" narrative to be pushed.

Immigration for the party faithful.  He's still all racisim-hatey, although that might be a landmine based on recent events showing that control over the borders could be useful even if you leave them open.  Hard to predict.

That's kinda what I'd expect the Dem's to push.  Reasonably safe easy hits on Trump.

Most of that is their usual trope.  The only new thing is Covid/economy.  Trump can shift blame to China for lying and covering it up.  They can still try and blame him for the deaths.  And even though lockdowns/limited lockdowns are scientifically the right answer, the longer this goes on, the worse the economy gets, the more they blame Trump for the economy.  Up until Dec, it was easily the administrations shining accomplishment.
JD

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 10:39:48 AM »
Regulated

REG'ULATED, participle passive Adjusted by rule, method or forms; put in good order; subjected to rules or restrictions.

Websters 1828 definition

http://webstersdictionary1828.com/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 10:41:32 AM »
Another thought is whatever their messaging, they're going to struggle to get Biden to deliver it if it's complex.  We all know he's slipping cognitively.
JD

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 11:07:41 AM »
I think the DNC establishment wants Trump to win, easier to fundraise that way.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »
Most of that is their usual trope.  The only new thing is Covid/economy.  Trump can shift blame to China for lying and covering it up.  They can still try and blame him for the deaths.  And even though lockdowns/limited lockdowns are scientifically the right answer, the longer this goes on, the worse the economy gets, the more they blame Trump for the economy.  Up until Dec, it was easily the administrations shining accomplishment.

Yeah, Pretty much.  That's my prediction that they will go with their usual bag, with maybe some COVID economy stuff thrown in.  They think everyone hates Trump and I doubt the Dem establishment feels they need to risk a new attack angle that risks a backfire on Joe.

Honestly I expect them to back off Russia, because no one wants to mention The Ukraine on a debate stage.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
Quote from: bedlamite

Regulated

REG'ULATED, participle passive Adjusted by rule, method or forms; put in good order; subjected to rules or restrictions.

Websters 1828 definition

http://webstersdictionary1828.com/

Samuel Johnson, 1775:

https://johnsonsdictionaryonline.com/regulate/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »
Thanks for another great dictionary link!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2020, 12:28:09 PM »

Yeah, Pretty much.  That's my prediction that they will go with their usual bag, with maybe some COVID economy stuff thrown in.  They think everyone hates Trump and I doubt the Dem establishment feels they need to risk a new attack angle that risks a backfire on Joe.

Honestly I expect them to back off Russia, because no one wants to mention The Ukraine on a debate stage.
Do you think they will find something new about the virus to blame Trump about or will they just continue what they are saying now?  I realize there is lots of time for new stuff to happen, but continuing the current anti-Trump screeching for 6 more months might get a bit old.  I am sure the usual leftists will eat it up, but that doesn't mean it will turn enough voters away from Trump.  Lots of time for new details to nitpick I guess.  

And there is always room for completely made up accusations.  

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2020, 12:36:38 PM »
...continuing the current anti-Trump screeching for 6 more months might get a bit old...

There seem to be a lot of people that never tire of it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife