Author Topic: Kim Jong Un is gravely ill ... or he's brain dead ... or he's just fine  (Read 12110 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Kim Jong Un is gravely ill ... or he's brain dead ... or he's just fine
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 10:23:10 PM »
So...

Schrodinger's Dictator...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2020, 07:56:02 AM »
Still processing the possibility that North Korea will have its first woman leader before the United States

— Seth Abramson (@🏠) (@SethAbramson) April 25, 2020

North Korea is going to have a Woman leader before the United States of America! Let that sink in!

— Tom D'Angora (@TomDangora) April 25, 2020

If diversity demands that the USA strive to get a leader that resembles the leader of a repressive dictatorship, why not go all the way and point out that Uganda had it's first admitted cannibal leader (Idi Amin) before the USA?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2020, 08:49:39 AM »
At some point we are going to have to be part of the biggest humanitarian response ever.

What do yo mean "we," kemosabe?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
All these people celebrating NK (maybe) getting a woman in charge are welcome to move there and enjoy NK's version of paradise.

You think these same people would be this ecstatic if Obama was still pres? I think not.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 12:13:10 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 12:52:56 PM »
What do yo mean "we," kemosabe?

We have been part of the korean conflict for over 60 years. Don't think we leave when the entire population suddenly needs food and medical care. I mean we could pull a Libya, look how well that has worked. Despite being a UN conflict not really expecting the UN to take the lead either. Hopefully feed people and steer things towards normalcy until South Korea can take care of them. Or, just ignore the problem and let China take care of the norks. I'm sure they don't want to expand their sphere of influence, but gee, if they really have to...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »
Our lefties are already thrilled to death that she might be in charge.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/04/25/blue-checks-ponder-that-north-korea-might-have-a-female-leader-before-the-united-states-does/

When all you know about politics or history is woke propaganda, so you're programmed to think a female head of state equals progress and "social justice"...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2020, 07:42:11 AM »
When all you know about politics or history is woke propaganda, so you're programmed to think a female head of state equals progress and "social justice"...

I was reading somewhere that she is potentially more unhinged than her brother.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2020, 08:05:09 AM »
I have to say, I thought this 2020 show was pretty packed with the unexpected, but to kill off Kim Jong Un with no warning was an amazing twist. I wonder how the Writer will fit this into the Pandemic Panic.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
I was reading somewhere that she is potentially more unhinged than her brother.

[tinfoil]
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2020, 11:54:15 AM »
[tinfoil]

Personally, I'm in wait-and-see mode.

Despite the SJW hand-wringing over it, it's a very real factor if NK will accept a woman as leader, or the internal power structure/struggle will. And even if they would, it's not clear if she has the pull to take the leadership position. If Kim is dead or comatose, her power base might be gone.

And as to if "she's even worse than he was" I'll wait and see. Those leaking that info or rumors might have an axe to grind. Considering NK's history, "worse" could mean a lot of things. A dragon lady who ruthlessly consolidates power internally could just as easily stabilize things. Since she was educated abroad, she has to be just as aware how behind NK is as even compared to China, much less South Korea.
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2020, 12:00:33 PM »
If she is anything like we are lead to believe, I wouldn't be surprised if we have Korean War II.

Also maybe Russia or China will try to take the NK as their own if there is a vacuum of power, especially with the Covid-19 panic.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2020, 01:03:20 PM »
If she is anything like we are lead to believe, I wouldn't be surprised if we have Korean War II.

Also maybe Russia or China will try to take the NK as their own if there is a vacuum of power, especially with the Covid-19 panic.

I had a thought about that this morning.  Would China or Russia actually *want* NK....  Given their abysmal lack of technology, lack of resources, lack of food for their citizens....  I don't know that they would actually *want* the country.  The only advantage I see is now sharing a border with South Korea, if they ever decide that they want to try to take the entire Korean peninsula.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2020, 01:57:55 PM »
From the sources I have read, she takes after her grandfather.

Kim Jong Un got the country and runs it pretty heavy handedly, but enjoys the good life.  He like nice things, he likes famous people coming to visit and stroking his ego, and he likes his country (and by extension himself) to have neat toys.

Everything I've read about his sister is that she's a True Believer communist, and ready to finish the revolution her grandfather started.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2020, 01:59:19 PM »
I had a thought about that this morning.  Would China or Russia actually *want* NK....  Given their abysmal lack of technology, lack of resources, lack of food for their citizens....  I don't know that they would actually *want* the country.  The only advantage I see is now sharing a border with South Korea, if they ever decide that they want to try to take the entire Korean peninsula.

A few trillion in untapped natural resources may be enough of a reason for someone to think it may be worthwhile to move in.

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-stockpile-minerals-worth-trillions-2017-6

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2020, 02:34:45 PM »

Something we should always keep in mind is that Americans tend to think ten years out, and the Chinese tend to think 100 years out. I'm not denigrating us, it's just that  I think even the shortest Chinese dynasty ran three or four times as long as our country has been around. Simply a different mindset.

I don't know enough to take a guess about Russia - I have no idea how invested they are in North Korea anymore since the fall of the USSR.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »

Something we should always keep in mind is that Americans tend to think ten years out, and the Chinese tend to think 100 years out. I'm not denigrating us, it's just that  I think even the shortest Chinese dynasty ran three or four times as long as our country has been around. Simply a different mindset.

I don't know enough to take a guess about Russia - I have no idea how invested they are in North Korea anymore since the fall of the USSR.
If you were around 1920, how effective do you think your planning would be for 2020?  

I hear stuff like that and I think it is mostly BS.  Yes, there is some long term strategic planning you can do, but that assumes you know what to do and it is very general.

I don't think they effectively plan even the 25 years out like they always said about Japan.  However, that doesn't excuse the very very short term thinking of US politicians which is 2 years ahead if that.  US Business probably would plan further out and do, but they are tied down by US tax policy which drives a greatly deal of their thinking.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2020, 03:37:43 PM »
If you were around 1920, how effective do you think your planning would be for 2020?  

I hear stuff like that and I think it is mostly BS.  Yes, there is some long term strategic planning you can do, but that assumes you know what to do and it is very general.

I don't think they effectively plan even the 25 years out like they always said about Japan.  However, that doesn't excuse the very very short term thinking of US politicians which is 2 years ahead if that.  US Business probably would plan further out and do, but they are tied down by US tax policy which drives a greatly deal of their thinking.  

Well, "The Diplomat" would agree with you, but [tin foil on] it was founded by a Chinese person. They quote a couple of people as being wrong on Chinese long term strategy:

According to former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, China’s authoritarian leaders are masters of long-range strategic planning informed by timeless principles derived from China’s rich history and culture. China expert Michael Pillsbury – reportedly an influential outside adviser to President Donald Trump – goes so far as to claim that China’s leadership follows a secret century-long plan for achieving global dominance by 2049.
https://thediplomat.com/2019/03/chinas-reputation-for-long-range-planning-is-wildly-exaggerated/

A few Google links with varying views:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02s5UiXJidWDh1hWhEy-DMXJ5Lh0w%3A1588015545564&ei=uTGnXrruIcrT-wSUwZKoDQ&q=chinese+vs+us+long+term+strategic+thinking&oq=chinese+vs+us+long+term+strategic+thinking&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECCMQJzoHCCMQsAIQJzoECCEQClDkkQJYgagCYICrAmgAcAB4AIABkQKIAcEQkgEFMC45LjOYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwj6rvbzqonpAhXK6Z4KHZSgBNUQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2020, 04:21:22 PM »
Well, "The Diplomat" would agree with you, but [tin foil on] it was founded by a Chinese person. They quote a couple of people as being wrong on Chinese long term strategy:
https://thediplomat.com/2019/03/chinas-reputation-for-long-range-planning-is-wildly-exaggerated/

A few Google links with varying views:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02s5UiXJidWDh1hWhEy-DMXJ5Lh0w%3A1588015545564&ei=uTGnXrruIcrT-wSUwZKoDQ&q=chinese+vs+us+long+term+strategic+thinking&oq=chinese+vs+us+long+term+strategic+thinking&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECCMQJzoHCCMQsAIQJzoECCEQClDkkQJYgagCYICrAmgAcAB4AIABkQKIAcEQkgEFMC45LjOYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwj6rvbzqonpAhXK6Z4KHZSgBNUQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

I am not saying you can't do long range planning, but I get the impression some people think it can be done in detail like saying China was planning for a strategic showdown with the US in 1922 which is laughable.  IMO, it can be done, but it is just planning for the health and strength of your country than for any specific adversary or event. 

Drachinifel did a short video on what a nation would need in the early 1900's to build a dominant Navy.  A lot of it was in building the internal production and technical expertise to build stuff on your own versus buying it, along with developing the internal industrial infrastructure.  IMO, China has done an excellent job the last 30 years or more of taking advantage of US short term thinking and corruption to buy, steal, and develop technology and set themselves up as a major industrial producer. 

I think there are plenty of people in the US and the US Govt that are fully capable of that sort of planning, but political and economic realities make that difficult.  I figure our military looks at that all the time.  The business side could be better, but I think a lot of that is driven by tax law, labor law, and import/export regulations which is controlled by corrupt politicians.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2020, 07:44:50 PM »

To soon?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2020, 08:40:13 PM »

To soon?

Perhaps too soon, that joke should ferment. Freaking hilarious!  =D :rofl:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.