Author Topic: Voted Today  (Read 809 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Voted Today
« on: April 30, 2020, 10:56:05 AM »
Like most states, we have mandatory mail-in voting for our May election. I just dropped my ballot in the mailbox this morning.

This is the best I have felt about voting for a long time. I think it's the first time in maybe ten years or more that my vote will actually make a difference. In CA, my votes never had a chance. Here, my vote is actually going to count and have an effect.

The greatest example this time is the state senator that represents me. She is about as RINO as it gets in Idaho, and has been re-elected over and over, I think mostly because of farmers. Here, the antis don't say, "common sense gun control", they say "common sense 2nd amendment rights". That's part of her platform and I saw she voted against expansion of gun rights in the state. She is also very "safety over freedom" and "for the children" (former educator). Her opponent is very pro freedom and small government, and has a real chance at winning.

My two state reps are really good and okay respectively, and I voted for the good one and against the okay one. The good one is a shoe-in, but the okay one is running pretty neck and neck.

Anyway, it was nice to vote and feel like it mattered again.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Voted Today
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »
Our SOS sent out a absentee voter request to all registered voters for the upcoming June 2, 2020 primary. I got mine the other day in the mail, I really enjoy voting in the booth on election day, only used absentee ballot a few times when I was going to be out of town for election day. I'm trying to decide if I want to vote by mail or go to the booth for the primary.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 12:10:36 PM »
Texas has "early voting" which makes things so easy I always vote in person - my nearest early voting polling place is in a corner of a local grocery store. Our primary was a while ago, but a runoff primary for some state offices has been postponed from May 26 to July 14, with early voting beginning July 6.

Vote early and often.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:11:26 AM »
California.

"Majority rules," it is said.

With an iron fist.

Too bad Idaho by itself doesn't count for much against California.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.