Come and take it. And I don't even have a gas stove  :P
Are gas furnaces next?

Twitchy has this on VIP but here's a straight twitter link

--- Quote ---Matt Bruenig
@MattBruenig
·
19h
after the covid, we should hire
millions of people to go door to door, tearing out people's gas powered stoves and replacing them with electric, whether they want to or not
--- End quote ---
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1259245045074575363

The Twitchy VIP link
Hot take: Let’s hire millions to go door to door tearing out people’s gas stoves after the COVID-19 crisis passes
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/05/09/hot-take-lets-hire-millions-to-go-door-to-door-tearing-out-peoples-gas-stoves-after-the-covid-19-crisis-passes/

Had to look this guy up
From Wiki

--- Quote ---Matthew Bruenig[1] (born November 22, 1988)[2][3] is an American lawyer, blogger, policy analyst, commentator,[4] and founder of the left-wing think tank People's Policy Project. He was a blogger for the American think tank Demos covering politics and public policy[5] and has written on issues including income distribution, taxation, welfare, elections, and Scandinavian economic models.[6][7][8] He is married to Elizabeth Bruenig,[9] formerly an opinion writer and editor at The Washington Post[10] who is now at The New York Times.[11]
--- End quote ---

RoadKingLarry:

--- Quote ---after the covid, we should hire
millions of people to go door to door, tearing out people's gas powered stoves and replacing them with electric, whether they want to or not
--- End quote ---

Do you want to get shot? 'cause that's a damn good way to get yourself shot.
 [ar15]

Nick1911:
Well that's dumb.

For heating applications, it's much better to burn the fuel at point of use, then use it to make electricity first and incur Carnot cycle losses and transmission losses.  Of course, that assumes that we are still burning things for electric power, and haven't done the sane, rational thing and use atomic energy... Something Matt probably also disagrees with.

Also, who is Matt Bruenig and why should I concern myself with what he thinks?  Sounds like a community organizer sort, lots of talk, no action.

230RN:
"whether they want to or not"

That tells it all with respect to left wing attitudes:  "Comes the revolution, you will do as you're damned well told."

Some good stuff in the responses.  Hadn't heard this one before:

"That lock on my door is for your protection, not mine.

— Mark C, austere BBQ scholar(@UntraceableMC) May 9, 2020"

Almost as good as

------------------------------
 This property protected
    by J. M. Browning
    Security Services.
          est. 1911
------------------------------

I came up with that one a couple of years ago and posted it on an inside wall of my apartment.  Wouldn't want to look bloodthirsty, after all.  Not copyrighted.

Terry, 230RN

Jim147:
My wife would beat him to death before she gives up that duel fuel range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version