Author Topic: Turn in your gas stoves  (Read 3520 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Turn in your gas stoves
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2023, 12:44:03 AM »
We got a Vent-a-Hood for the Bluestar.  Really need to install it.  It’s rated for I think 1200cfm, at the outlet in the roof.  The way most hoods are rated it would be more like 1800cfm. 

230RN

• Those elected to power wanted it.
  • friend
  • It should have been the FIRST Amendment !
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2023, 01:15:41 AM »
Do you want to get shot? 'cause that's a damn good way to get yourself shot.
 [ar15]

Hence the burning ongoing endless efforts to eliminate guns from our hands.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2023, 10:26:45 AM »
I would advise looking for an owner's manual for it and seeing if it was actually designed that way (I can't believe that it was) or if something was left out.

I can't imagine why anyone would even bother to put in a recirculator vent hood without a charcoal filter and a grease screen.
I recall the manual said which filters to get, but it didn't come with any.  I should still have the manual.  I may have to look it up and order a set. 
I thought it was just a paper filter.  A charcoal filter that absorbs the smoke/grease would be good.  Maybe it wouldn't set off my smoke alarm so easily.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2023, 10:28:38 AM »
That's exactly what the charcoal filter is for, to absorb smoke and odors.

I don't use my range hood all that often, but I decidedly do when I'm searing meat or anything that might get a smokey.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.