Main Forums > The Roundtable

Welcome to My Most Hated Season

<< < (2/7) > >>

RoadKingLarry:
I'll trade you 2:1 mosquitoes for ticks.

WLJ:
With ticks you usually have to go to them, mosquitoes track you down in swarms. I can't even stand on my front porch without getting attacked.

Jim147:
I can't deal with the heat and bugs like when I was younger and healthier but my most hated season is dumbass season. And if you deal with the public that season is always open.

Cliffh:

--- Quote from: Jim147 on May 26, 2020, 09:20:44 PM ---I can't deal with the heat and bugs like when I was younger and healthier but my most hated season is dumbass season. And if you deal with the public that season is always open.

--- End quote ---

So true   [ar15]

I have hated summer for decades.  Anything over ~70* is enough to make me start looking for the nearest AC.

It's even worse now, having to wear a back brace, knee brace & (company supplied & required) vest while running my ass off 5 days a week.  While approaching 63.  In Texas.

Devonai:
Here in Connecticut I can tolerate the heat better than SWMBO, but I'm certainly not complaining when it's time for the ACs to go in the windows.  It looks like tonight will require one in our bedroom.  As for mosquitos, here on our quarter acre we only have to spray once a year to keep using our yard.

Other than that, summer is my favorite season, and I don't mind CT summers.  I think it's a matter of perspective.  I used to work the hay season summers in Maine and I did Basic/Infantry School at Fort Benning May-September.  I have been truly miserable enough to not mind a hot and humid day as long as it ends with me sitting in air conditioning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version