Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86302 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #700 on: June 18, 2020, 09:46:09 PM »
Did you know that the Americas were stolen from blacks? They were here first.
Actually had a guy try to educate me on this.

http://raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/ancientamerica.htm

Yes there could have been early contact between Native Americans and Africa blacks, it's not that far, but this is where it really gets super wacked out

He even went on about how the slave trade and Native (Indian) wars is a lie invented to cover up the white near genocide of the rightful black owners of the Americas and white people need give it back and get the blank out. Oh, and leave all your "stolen" wealth while you're at it.
I remember finding articles on the internet about this but have since lost track and honesty I don't feel at the moment like looking them up again but it's a real movement

DAS RIGHT!

You don't know the half of it man,  but you will.  ALL of history was stolen from the blacks.  And the black Israelites are here to tell you about it.  The wuz Kangz after all....

https://youtu.be/WDzPwnctqLM
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #701 on: June 19, 2020, 01:30:55 AM »
DAS RIGHT!

You don't know the half of it man,  but you will.  ALL of history was stolen from the blacks.  And the black Israelites are here to tell you about it.  The wuz Kangz after all....

https://youtu.be/WDzPwnctqLM

Kang Saul, man!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #702 on: June 19, 2020, 09:07:08 AM »
I am hearing the Atlanta DA is up for reelection, under investigation by the GBI for corruption, and I think there was something else.  And I am hearing it was unusual for him to present all the evidence in a press conference before this even goes before a grand jury.  Also, 2 weeks before, I hear he was pressing charges on 6 officers who pointed a taser at a lady and was accusing the officers of threatening her with a deadly weapon.  At the time he said Georgia law says a taser is a deadly weapon (that is on video and is spreading around on the internet).  He also claimed one of the officers was cooperating as a state's witness.  The lawyer for that officer came out and said that wasn't true.  

So lots of inconsistent stuff and other things that make me think this is all a show.  In the meantime, he is persecuting the officers in the media.  He is trying to make a name for himself by prosecuting cops because he is set to lose his election.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:48:51 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #703 on: June 19, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »
Meanwhile in Portland

Portland: George Washington Statue Torn Down, Draped in Burning U.S. Flag
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/19/portland-george-washington-statue-torn-down-draped-in-burning-u-s-flag/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #704 on: June 19, 2020, 02:16:43 PM »
"For me it is a very black and white issue. For me it's very good versus evil," Argo said. "I feel like we are in a civil war in Louisville Kentucky right now that's what I feel I am a part of."

Protesters at Jefferson Square Park say they are protecting Breonna Taylor’s memorial
https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/19/protesters-jefferson-square-park-say-they-are-protecting-breonna-taylors-memorial/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #705 on: June 19, 2020, 04:29:23 PM »
Protesters at Jefferson Square Park say they are protecting Breonna Taylor’s memorial
https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/19/protesters-jefferson-square-park-say-they-are-protecting-breonna-taylors-memorial/

That link led me to this one: https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/19/brett-hankison-louisville-detective-involved-breonna-taylor-killing-will-be-fired/

Did we really need yet another poster child case to show why no-knock warrants should not be issued for drug investigations? It's a bleepin' SEARCH warrant, not an arrest warrant. The police should not be breaking down doors in the middle of the night to "serve" search warrants.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #706 on: June 19, 2020, 04:34:02 PM »
That link led me to this one: https://www.wave3.com/2020/06/19/brett-hankison-louisville-detective-involved-breonna-taylor-killing-will-be-fired/

Did we really need yet another poster child case to show why no-knock warrants should not be issued for drug investigations? It's a bleepin' SEARCH warrant, not an arrest warrant. The police should not be breaking down doors in the middle of the night to "serve" search warrants.

My problem is that once again, this takes an issue that can affect anyone and makes it only about black people. I wouldn't be surprised if there were WAY more no knocks on white people than on black people. An issue that everyone could come together on and maybe do some good for everyone, and we're back to "racial justice" instead of fixing what is broken.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #707 on: June 19, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
My problem is that once again, this takes an issue that can affect anyone and makes it only about black people. I wouldn't be surprised if there were WAY more no knocks on white people than on black people. An issue that everyone could come together on and maybe do some good for everyone, and we're back to "racial justice" instead of fixing what is broken.

But it seems to only be an issue to the MSM and pols when it's white cops vs blacks. When was the last time you heard any media outrage for the police killing of a white man despite the fact it actually happens more often. Why is one more wrong than the other? Why is the cop seemingly only bad when they're white? Why is the "victim" seemingly only innocent when they're black? Victim is in quotes because it seems like 99% they're the ones who started the confrontation and all too often they had a long as my arm arrest record.

Yes there are bad cops but I'm sick and tired of feeling a ping pong ball in a political game by the media and pols  
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #708 on: June 19, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Then you also realize that firing the officer involved in the shooting doesn't fix anything.  It just means that one officer won't be serving the next no knock warrant search warrant.  Others will.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #709 on: June 19, 2020, 06:03:38 PM »
Then you also realize that firing the officer involved in the shooting doesn't fix anything.  It just means that one officer won't be serving the next no knock warrant search warrant.  Others will.

In typical politician fashion they keep offering peasants to the wolves in the hope they get satisfied before they get to them.
Some may refer to that as appeasement

- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #710 on: June 19, 2020, 06:05:22 PM »
But it seems to only be an issue to the MSM and pols when it's white cops vs blacks. When was the last time you heard any media outrage for the police killing of a white man despite the fact it actually happens more often. Why is one more wrong than the other? Why is the cop seemingly only bad when they're white? Why is the "victim" seemingly only innocent when they're black? Victim is in quotes because it seems like 99% they're the ones who started the confrontation and all too often they had a long as my arm arrest record.

Yes there are bad cops but I'm sick and tired of feeling a ping pong ball in a political game by the media and pols  

One of the Minneapolis cops was black.  I didn't know that until a coworker pointed it out to me.  (from the pics I thought he might be Arab or something) He was one of the two rookies.  The media is mostly covering up that factoid.  It also seems that the MPD brass is pairing up rookies with known bad cops; I guess to teach them the ropes.  If Mpls city council really does disband the police, I'm not sure the resulting chaos will be any worse than what they have now.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #711 on: June 19, 2020, 06:11:44 PM »
One of the Minneapolis cops was black.  I didn't know that until a coworker pointed it out to me.  (from the pics I thought he might be Arab or something) He was one of the two rookies.  The media is mostly covering up that factoid.  It also seems that the MPD brass is pairing up rookies with known bad cops; I guess to teach them the ropes.  If Mpls city council really does disband the police, I'm not sure the resulting chaos will be any worse than what they have now.

If it goes against the narrative it never happened
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #712 on: June 19, 2020, 06:24:09 PM »
This explains it a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIKab8Ea2Us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmoPUWGc1WY

Looks like Colorado took the Cato Institute's advice:
https://lawandcrime.com/george-floyd-death/colorados-progressive-governor-and-legislature-just-ended-qualified-immunity-for-police-officers/

Colorado Governor Jared Polis (D), a progressive, signed an omnibus reform bill into law on Friday to end qualified immunity for police officers in the state.

“This is a long overdue moment of national reflection,” Polis said at the signing ceremony. “This is a meaningful, substantial reform bill.”

[popcorn]
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #713 on: June 19, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »

If I remember right, minority police (including black police) have been involved in a number of these incidents. The Left doesn't care what color the officers are, probably because it can only complicate their fictional narrative. Also:

“She’s a cop. She was a top cop at an extremely brutal police department. She was a vocal supporter of brutal actions by police,” said Hawk Newsome, who co-founded BLM’s Greater New York chapter with his sister, congressional candidate Chivona Newsome.

“We are working to abolish police. We are working to defund police,” Hawk said in a phone interview. “When you are a police officer, you are not black anymore. You are blue.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/503492-former-cop-demings-faces-progressive-pushback-in-veepstakes

https://genius.com/Krs-one-black-cop-lyrics
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #714 on: June 19, 2020, 07:07:17 PM »
“When you are a police officer, you are not black anymore. You are blue.”

He's got a point.

I don't think abolishing the police is the answer.  It might be in a few jurisdictions.
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #715 on: June 19, 2020, 07:11:40 PM »
Yeah i think it was last week I saw a story that said officers of color where more likoto shoot a poc then a white cop. I'm sure it is buried in the google search because it sure wasn't on the evening news
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #716 on: June 20, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
Rioters in California tear down a statue of infamous white supremacist Ulysses S. Grant:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/rioters-in-california-tear-down-statue-of-ulysses-s-grant-he-defeated-the-confederacy-devastated-kkk?

I'm guessing at this point they're just going after any statue of a white guy.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #717 on: June 20, 2020, 05:43:19 PM »
Rioters in California tear down a statue of infamous white supremacist Ulysses S. Grant:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/rioters-in-california-tear-down-statue-of-ulysses-s-grant-he-defeated-the-confederacy-devastated-kkk?

I'm guessing at this point they're just going after any statue of a white guy.

Like that wasn't the intent from the start.

We are watching historical revision in progress.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #719 on: June 20, 2020, 06:09:06 PM »
Yeah i think it was last week I saw a story that said officers of color where more likoto shoot a poc then a white cop. I'm sure it is buried in the google search because it sure wasn't on the evening news

"poc"

Please don't.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #722 on: June 20, 2020, 10:45:25 PM »
It's VIP but you get the gist from the title

New York Times’ 1619 Project creator says ‘It would be an honor’ to call the George Floyd riots the 1619 riots
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/20/new-york-times-1619-project-creator-says-it-would-be-an-honor-to-call-the-george-floyd-riots-the-1619-riots/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #723 on: June 21, 2020, 05:34:53 PM »
Good question in the comments: How does NPR know the driver is "right wing"? If I were in that situation, right wing or no, I'd absolutely use my car as a weapon. As another person mentioned, some people remember Reginald Denny. NPR is the worst.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/21/the-photo-npr-used-of-right-wing-extremists-ramming-protesters-actually-resulted-in-the-protesters-getting-arrested-not-the-driver/

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #724 on: June 21, 2020, 05:47:58 PM »
Good question in the comments: How does NPR know the driver is "right wing"? If I were in that situation, right wing or no, I'd absolutely use my car as a weapon. As another person mentioned, some people remember Reginald Denny. NPR is the worst.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/21/the-photo-npr-used-of-right-wing-extremists-ramming-protesters-actually-resulted-in-the-protesters-getting-arrested-not-the-driver/

Nonsense & Propaganda Radio