Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86429 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »
Police need to be held personally accountable for what they do. "Good" police and supervisors that turn a blind eye or otherwise enable bad police to continue are not "good" even if they don't do bad things to people themselves. The idea of a few bad apples and good cops is nonsense. Why don't they uphold the law and arrest bad cops?

I would argue that the death penalty is necessary in this case because nothing will change until a very strong shocking and clear message is sent to police that the will pay personally for their misdeeds. Police impunity is the problem here. Not only does this impunity make individual justice unserved, but it erodes at the genuine authority and order in society. You protect a few criminal police and you deface all authority in the process. This policeman needs to be found guilty and put on death row, and the other three should get life. Supervisors should be charged with covering for them, prosecutors should be prosecuted for not prosecuting. It's the only way to save the system.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:31 AM »
https://www.kstp.com/news/george-floyd-fired-officer-overlapped-security-shifts-at-south-minneapolis-club-may-28-2020/5743990/
That is interesting.  So it is either a small world or maybe they knew each other.  Can't say it bears any influence on what happened without more information. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »
There's video on twitter showing the Columbus, OH Statehouse being broken into by a mob of "protesters."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1266214795335872512
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2020, 10:51:19 AM »
Going to be long summer
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
Going to be long summer

Agreed...with all that is going on right now with Covid, this is the spark that lit the flame.  Not going to be pretty.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2020, 11:28:23 AM »
Going to be long summer

I'll be following my usual strategy of letting the world go to hell, or wherever else it might want to go, while I enjoy a drink in my backyard . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2020, 11:35:49 AM »
I'm investing in popcorn, marshmallows, rum, and 10mm
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »
Great, thing may be getting ready to explode here over the Breonna Taylor case. Protesters gathering downtown Louisville

Update on this

Tear gas fired, windows smashed, 7 shot.

https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/29/damage-left-downtown-louisville-lmpd-prepares-more-protests/
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:51:44 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2020, 12:14:00 PM »
Going to be long summer

Once sportsball is back on TeeVee things will settle down.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2020, 12:21:04 PM »

I'm sure you're right.  And it's one hell of a cultural/societal commentary . . .

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2020, 12:38:14 PM »

??? We had the regular sports seasons during the previous race riots.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2020, 12:59:26 PM »
So, just for fun, and I apologize for the FB Links:

Dude is filmed calmly smashing windows and walking away, and is chased down by other protesters that aren't excited for vandalism.  https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/254536622291839/

After video goes viral, the folks that sell that mask recognize the vandal as a St Paul cop: https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100698518_3588834077798587_2788571447516200960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=E-Fjc3vnQdMAX8SD011&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=629c058b0202e0ff5b437a7873ed173e&oe=5EF85550

I would call this unconfirmed and unvetted intel, but it is interesting.  I'd be interested to see if anyone tracks down the person claiming to have sold the the mask and gloves for an on record chat.

Also: "Someone hold my blunt!" is my new favorite thing to hear before a fight.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »
What the hell is happening today? This is the second thing related to CNN that  I agree with today. Van Jones of all people, and he's spot on.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/05/29/weaponized-race-like-shed-been-trained-by-aryan-nation-van-jones-gets-way-too-honest-about-the-real-threat-to-black-americans-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2020, 01:35:55 PM »
I think I saw a comment on here recently, on one of the pandemic threads, along the lines of "I wonder what the next panic is going to be." 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
I think I saw a comment on here recently, on one of the pandemic threads, along the lines of "I wonder what the next panic is going to be." 

What ever the dems and the MSM think will open the doors of The White House for them
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2020, 01:37:50 PM »
What the hell is happening today? This is the second thing related to CNN that  I agree with today. Van Jones of all people, and he's spot on.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/05/29/weaponized-race-like-shed-been-trained-by-aryan-nation-van-jones-gets-way-too-honest-about-the-real-threat-to-black-americans-watch/

??? He's talking about the dog walker?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
He is.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »
Minneapolis officer who knelt on George Floyd’s neck arrested
https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/29/minneapolis-police-station-torched-amid-george-floyd-protest/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »
Minneapolis officer who knelt on George Floyd’s neck arrested
https://www.wave3.com/2020/05/29/minneapolis-police-station-torched-amid-george-floyd-protest/

Oh good, the folks that arrested CNN Live on the air are in charge now.  I look forward to the renewed transparency.

“You will not see that tonight, there will be no lack of leadership,” [MN Gov. Tim] Walz said.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
Oh good, the folks that arrested CNN Live on the air are in charge now.  I look forward to the renewed transparency.

I want to see who ordered those CNN people to be arrested.  I just have a feeling the officer who did it arrested the guy on camera first for a reason.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2020, 02:19:58 PM »

Dude is filmed calmly smashing windows and walking away, and is chased down by other protesters that aren't excited for vandalism.  https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/254536622291839/

After video goes viral, the folks that sell that mask recognize the vandal as a St Paul cop: https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100698518_3588834077798587_2788571447516200960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=E-Fjc3vnQdMAX8SD011&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=629c058b0202e0ff5b437a7873ed173e&oe=5EF85550

I would call this unconfirmed and unvetted intel, but it is interesting.  I'd be interested to see if anyone tracks down the person claiming to have sold the the mask and gloves for an on record chat.

Timcast mentioned that briefly.  His interpretation was that someone sent goons in to incite the rioting and looting. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »
I've read antifa has been on the scene.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »

I have seen people speculate that undercover folks are fanning flames. I dunno how much I buy it, but it's been speculated.

Also, my remains a gentleman who removed his dentures and asked someone to hold his teeth before stepping into a brawl.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.