Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86502 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2020, 03:20:56 PM »
Here's something.

I've paid no attention to the racial/police brutality song and dance this time around (because I still have Ferguson fatigue), but during the Ferguson follies, the violence and arson and such would tend to happen after dark. Since we're apparently comfortable with governors and local officials ordering people to stay at home for months at a time, how about the mayors of the affected areas enforce a curfew?

Is it too much to ask for the malefactors in this ordeal to be executed by a knee to the neck?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »
So, just for fun, and I apologize for the FB Links:

Dude is filmed calmly smashing windows and walking away, and is chased down by other protesters that aren't excited for vandalism.  https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/254536622291839/

After video goes viral, the folks that sell that mask recognize the vandal as a St Paul cop: https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100698518_3588834077798587_2788571447516200960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=E-Fjc3vnQdMAX8SD011&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=629c058b0202e0ff5b437a7873ed173e&oe=5EF85550

I would call this unconfirmed and unvetted intel, but it is interesting.  I'd be interested to see if anyone tracks down the person claiming to have sold the the mask and gloves for an on record chat.

Also: "Someone hold my blunt!" is my new favorite thing to hear before a fight.

Cops character assassinating a righteous protest via vandalism.  I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

I'm curious what AutoZone's insurance company will make of that when they file their claim.  Big Insurance versus MPD.  Winner?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2020, 04:26:23 PM »
So, just for fun, and I apologize for the FB Links:

Dude is filmed calmly smashing windows and walking away, and is chased down by other protesters that aren't excited for vandalism.  https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/254536622291839/

After video goes viral, the folks that sell that mask recognize the vandal as a St Paul cop: https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100698518_3588834077798587_2788571447516200960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=E-Fjc3vnQdMAX8SD011&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=629c058b0202e0ff5b437a7873ed173e&oe=5EF85550

I would call this unconfirmed and unvetted intel, but it is interesting.  I'd be interested to see if anyone tracks down the person claiming to have sold the the mask and gloves for an on record chat.

This man has the large majority of his face covered.  He can't be IDed based on this.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »
What the hell is happening today? This is the second thing related to CNN that  I agree with today. Van Jones of all people, and he's spot on.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/05/29/weaponized-race-like-shed-been-trained-by-aryan-nation-van-jones-gets-way-too-honest-about-the-real-threat-to-black-americans-watch/

Once American blacks figure out they have a home in the Republican Party if they abandon shake downs and instead help with real solutions it's game over for the Dems.

Van Jones breaking bad is pretty big news.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2020, 05:05:14 PM »
I've read antifa has been on the scene.

Good, glad someone is on the scene to stop the Trump supporters from rioting and looting.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2020, 05:06:57 PM »
Another Democrat chimes in:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »
Another Democrat chimes in:

Beautiful
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #133 on: May 29, 2020, 05:38:08 PM »
Once American blacks figure out they have a home in the Republican Party if they abandon shake downs and instead help with real solutions it's game over for the Dems.

Van Jones breaking bad is pretty big news.

It would take the two fake preachers to agree with Van Jones before anyone would really start to listen.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2020, 06:31:24 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2020, 06:55:01 PM »
If I were a LEO, I think I might decline that duty.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2020, 08:44:31 PM »
The cop is being charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter, according to the article.  https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-gov-tim-walz-on-george-floyd-violence

How does that work?  A murder and a manslaughter charge for one death?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2020, 08:53:15 PM »
The cop is being charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter, according to the article.  https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-gov-tim-walz-on-george-floyd-violence

How does that work?  A murder and a manslaughter charge for one death?

I assume they don't stack, but I don't know.  3rd degree murder is the right charge, but it only has a maximum penalty of 25 years.  I've been looking to see if there are any enhancers in MN to add additional prison time but I haven't found any.

If they go for 1st degree murder like the family wants they won't be able to prove it and he'll walk.
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2020, 09:05:53 PM »
I assume they don't stack, but I don't know.  3rd degree murder is the right charge, but it only has a maximum penalty of 25 years.  I've been looking to see if there are any enhancers in MN to add additional prison time but I haven't found any.

If they go for 1st degree murder like the family wants they won't be able to prove it and he'll walk.
It is a federal thing, but what about 18 U.S. Code § 242?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »
It is a federal thing, but what about 18 U.S. Code § 242?

That's what I'm hoping for.  There's no limits on that one. 
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »
Wow, I wonder if John Q. Public would get this level of service from the police:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8367991/Lines-cops-riot-gear-defend-house-officer-accused-killing-George-Floyd.html
From the article
Kjnaas exclusively told DailyMail.com, 'The cop hit me in the nuts. I was just stepping on the grass. I was 30 feet away from them.

'They shot me in the d**k. I didn't have anything in my hands. On a scale of one to 10 the pain is probably an 8. It was a good shot.'
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2020, 10:41:12 PM »
The current autopsy report might make manslaughter the more likely charge for a conviction. There is apparently a second autopsy happening though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2020, 10:51:38 PM »
The current autopsy report might make manslaughter the more likely charge for a conviction. There is apparently a second autopsy happening though.

Be interesting if they show that the cop was putting so little pressure on the guys neck that it didn't contribute to the death.  His life will still be effectively over even if that's the case.

As always, if just wait for a week or so, additional information comes out that all may not be as it appeared in the pictures/video.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2020, 11:07:05 PM »
Be interesting if they show that the cop was putting so little pressure on the guys neck that it didn't contribute to the death.  His life will still be effectively over even if that's the case.

As always, if just wait for a week or so, additional information comes out that all may not be as it appeared in the pictures/video.

If it were to in fact show that Floyd's underlying conditions were the cause, I'm not sure there would be any way to convict for even manslaughter, and anything less than that (even, for sake of argument only, if the cop is innocent) will cause riots that will put the Rodney King riots to shame. I'll be very glad to not live in a big city if that happens.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2020, 11:22:17 PM »
Things have been blowing up here.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2020, 11:45:37 PM »
Since we're apparently comfortable with governors and local officials ordering people to stay at home for months at a time, how about the mayors of the affected areas enforce a curfew?

News said that there was in a 8pm curfew tonight in the Twin Cities.

Pretty sure the protesters/rioters/etc far outnumber any cops, deputies, troopers and members of the MN NG.

Good luck enforcing that curfew, I'm just glad I live a bit over 2 hours away.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2020, 12:43:03 AM »
Our finest  :facepalm:

Louisville cop takes aim and shoots reporter with pepper balls live on live TV
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/05/29/louisville-cop-takes-aim-and-shoots-reporter-with-pepper-balls-live-on-live-tv/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2020, 12:53:49 AM »
Downtown got trashed tonight.
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536