Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86508 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2020, 10:33:50 AM »
Antifa had no idea what to do with them. I mean... at least dismount the Aimpoint while you are at it... put that tacticool QD hardware to good use and walk quietly away... just sayin'  ;/

=D
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »
Aimpoint Comp M4-S on that AR.
Sorry I notice that stuff.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »
WASHINGTON — Saturday night names like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, HBO, Amazon, Twitter and on and on posted support to their social media accounts for the activist group Black Lives Matter, as protests continued across the U.S.
Amazon Prime Video posted a message to their Instagram account writing, "Together we stand with the black community - colleagues, artists, writers, storytellers, producers, our viewers - and all allies in the fight against racism and injustice. #BlackLivesMatter."
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/nation-world/media-brands-social-media-show-support-for-black-lives-matter/507-344a85d5-5806-48e0-8c73-dbdfcb06eff0
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2020, 01:23:24 PM »
:facepalm:

The ex-NCO in me is looking for 550 cord to dummy cord the officers to their weapons.....

The rifles are stored/locked in the cruiser, not carried around by the officer.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »
News said that there was in a 8pm curfew tonight in the Twin Cities.

Pretty sure the protesters/rioters/etc far outnumber any cops, deputies, troopers and members of the MN NG.

Good luck enforcing that curfew, I'm just glad I live a bit over 2 hours away.

I think the point is that it draws a line between lawful protest and illegal assembly.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2020, 03:46:41 PM »
The rifles are stored/locked in the cruiser, not carried around by the officer.

Right. Under normal circumstances.  Got it.

Evidence would indicate that isn't secure enough if you are going to get out of the car and go engage rioters.  Either A. take it with you; B. Park the cars together and detail someone to guard them; or C. find a way to secure them that precludes them being pried out in a usable condition.

If more than one carbine was indeed stolen from police in the same riot I think it's fair to ask them to relook at their weapons retention procedures.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2020, 03:47:15 PM »
fed security officer shot/oakland fed building.... domestic terrorism? blm terrorism? antifa?
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Federal-security-guard-killed-in-Oakland-15306674.php
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

dogmush

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2020, 04:29:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/tkerssen/status/1266921821653385225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-23393829432888855961.ampproject.net%2F2005151844001%2Fframe.html

It would seem they have decided that the curfew doesn't include standing on your own porch.

Comments at that link directed at people standing on their own damn property and telling them they got what they deserved make me weep a little bit for America.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2020, 06:01:21 PM »
 [popcorn] This just keeps getting moar entertaining
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2020, 06:19:56 PM »
[popcorn] This just keeps getting moar entertaining

Substitute "educational"   =(

HankB

• friend
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2020, 07:36:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/tkerssen/status/1266921821653385225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-23393829432888855961.ampproject.net%2F2005151844001%2Fframe.html

It would seem they have decided that the curfew doesn't include standing on your own porch.
Let's see - ignore thugs and arsonists setting fires . . . but it's "light 'em up" when people are standing on their own porch.

Their actions make it abundantly clear exactly whose side they're on.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2020, 07:53:58 PM »
Play stupid games ... win stupid prizes.

https://www.kmov.com/news/george-floyd-protests-st-louis-man-killed-fedex-truck/article_f8a89482-a259-11ea-84b8-a374c58a7d47.html

FedEx truck gets forced off highway by "peaceful protesters." On city street, more "peaceful protesters" point guns at driver. Driver sensibly fears for his life and unasses the area of operation. "Peaceful protester" who was probably trying to loot the forward trailer in a tandem rig falls under the tires and is killed.

Moral: Stay at home and don't try to rob trucks, and you might not get run over. I've looked all over the house for some sympathy, but I can't seem to find any.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »
About 17:45  I turned the TV on to the local CBS affiliate. They were showing a peaceful protest; probably 3 to 4 thousand people on the I-35W bridge at Washington Ave, maybe more; both sides of the freeway. Everyone (protesters and cops) were behaving themselves and the cops were staying way back (they were off camera.) Then a tanker truck (gasoline or milk, most likely) drove thru the crowd; drove kinda fast. Don't think he ran over anybody but pretty sure he ran over a bicycle and maybe hit a few people. Could have been *really* bad. The protesters mobbed the truck and it stopped. I think they pulled the driver out. Couldn't see what if anything happened to the driver. Cops were there in seconds and dispersed the crowd with pepper spray or something. Still no sign of the driver, looking at it from a helicopter camera. Seemed appropriate level of response. SWAT showed up with an armored vehicle but didn't do anything; show of force I guess. The news crew just broadcast it live from the helicopter and the live crew on the ground, without a whole lot of commentary and apologized for some of the language from the crowd (I didn't hear anything bad)

That's all I got.  No commentary in this post, I consider it news.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2020, 08:16:52 PM »
About 17:45  I turned the TV on to the local CBS affiliate. They were showing a peaceful protest; probably 3 to 4 thousand people on the I-35W bridge at Washington Ave, maybe more; both sides of the freeway. Everyone (protesters and cops) were behaving themselves and the cops were staying way back (they were off camera.)
Blocking an interstate freeway IS NOT "behaving themselves."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »

That's all I got.  No commentary in this post, I consider it news.

I'll comment.

Protestors shouldn't block roads.  It's dangerous for everyone.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2020, 08:22:50 PM »
There is that.   ;/  The news people were talking like this was planned, and the highway dept closed the freeway before it started.  But they didn't quite say it was the highway dept that closed it, just implied it.
"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2020, 08:40:47 PM »

And people wonder why the gulf continues to widen

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2020, 08:43:41 PM »
Last I checked the curfew the state closed down highways in that area (35W/35E/94/394/55) at 5 PM.  More because of the protestors than to enable the protestors, I think.

EDIT TO ADD:
MNDOT Tweet

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2020, 08:45:18 PM »
Last I checked the curfew the state closed down highways in that area (35W/35E/94/394/55) at 5 PM.  More because of the protestors than to enable the protestors, I think.

2000 tonight to 0600 tomorrow.  They (theoretically) have another 15 min to finish protesting before the curfew kicks in.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2020, 09:53:49 PM »
Recycled from 1992:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden