Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86497 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2020, 11:20:17 PM »
That was the family's ME report.  It is totally different from the county's.

It was both, thought I heard it on the TV when I was in and out grilling supper.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867219130/george-floyd-independent-autopsy-homicide-by-asphyxia
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2020, 11:46:31 PM »
Both said homicide. 

Family's expert:   "asphyxiation from sustained pressure", the pressure cut off blood flow to his brain.

Medical examiner:  "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression", Floyd's heart failed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/george-floyd-independent-autopsy/index.html

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2020, 11:48:23 PM »
(maybe this belongs in the Antifa thread)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/pure-evil-police-chief-breaks-describing-richmond-leftist-rioters-torched-home-children-inside-blocked-fire-department-video/

The chief of the Richmond, Virginia, police department told reporters Sunday that Black Lives Matter and antifa rioters set fire to a multi-family home with children inside and then blocking access for firefighters to get through to save the children.

Hanging is too good for some folks.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2020, 11:58:20 PM »
I've read a lot of stuff about Soros and what he does. Who knows what the truth is?   If he finances groups who promote violence or organize violence, why isn't he arrested for some sort of conspiracy charge?  Is he another example of how rich, powerful people are not constrained like the rest of civilized people are?  Aren't there several Federal groups who are supposed to be aware and on top of people like him?

I suspect that Soros is wily enough to cover his tracks by laundering his contributions through several layers of minions and non-profits and NGOs (non-government organizations). The government probably knows, but can't prove.

And, of course, there's also the possibility that the deep state doesn't want to prosecute him because he's doing what they want.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #305 on: June 02, 2020, 04:09:06 AM »
Both said homicide. 

Family's expert:   "asphyxiation from sustained pressure", the pressure cut off blood flow to his brain.

Medical examiner:  "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression", Floyd's heart failed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/george-floyd-independent-autopsy/index.html

Surprised no one postulated vagus nerve reflex.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #306 on: June 02, 2020, 07:23:45 AM »
fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use as well as existing heart disease
while violently resisting arrest.

They need to find better heroes.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #307 on: June 02, 2020, 08:03:22 AM »

When the police commit crimes, they will generally be against unsavory characters.

And, even with the drugs in his system, if the police "restraining" him in such a clearly egregious way killed him, the rest doesn't matter.

As I recall from the (small amount of) legal classes I've taken: you are faced with what your actions did to THIS victim, not what they would have done to some random victim. If your illegal punch kills a man because he has a paper thin skull, it doesn't matter that it wouldn't have killed the average man. It DID kill this man and you are guilty of murder.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 08:15:25 AM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2020, 08:13:46 AM »

Disagree.  Like Mak said cops tend to deal with criminals.  That's their job. If they can't manage to deal with criminals without murdering them, the problem is with the cops, and the culture of the agencies.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »

Was he alive and well before the police kneeled on his neck for no good reason till he was well and dead? Yes? The rest doesn't matter. Even if he was at some point in the encounter "violently resisting" when the suspect is no longer resisting you stop applying force. Period. End. Full stop.

Last I checked summary execution wasn't supposed to be within the scope of law enforcement.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2020, 09:30:21 AM »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #312 on: June 02, 2020, 12:15:59 PM »
More on the bricks:

I saw an article yesterday that I haven't tried to find today that explained one of the pallets.  Something about construction in the area.  So at least one was legit.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2020, 04:12:51 PM »
Along those lines:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/02/lapd-arrests-armed-business-owners-trying-to-prevent-looting-live-on-fox-11/

They must have broken their stay at home quarantine. Bad business owners, bad business owners. Sit your ass down at home.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »
:laugh:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267916244516171781

In the comments
In case anyone was wondering.
Those were red pills that came crashing through the window.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2020, 05:57:04 PM »
Also from that link
https://twitter.com/_based_lindsey/status/1267918436799254530/photo/1

Please tell me this is a joke.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »
:laugh:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267916244516171781

I think they were pissed at him for holding his iPhone vertically while shooting the video.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »
Life gets difficult when a gesture that for centuries has meant "okay" or "very good" is suddenly seen by some to mean "bad" or "white supremacist." If there was a memo circulated to document the change, I didn't receive it.

Does thumbs down still mean "bad"? If so, but thumbs up no longer means "good," what's the new symbol for "good"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »
??? ??? ???

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267934775798628352

I'd probably tell him to go do something that's anatomically impossible.