Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86517 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »
I agree, Ben. This killing was atrocious and outrageous, but I have seen enough reports and videos of bad cops doing bad things to people to not be convinced that there was a racial motive behind the cops' actions. I'm not saying they were totally unbiased, but IMHO the motive was at least as much just cops being on a power trip and exercising their aw-thaw-rih-tay because they could, and it may or may not have mattered that the victim happened to be black. I'll go out on a limb and hypothesize that this wasn't the first time that cop used (and abused) that knee on the neck trick. Officer Derek Chauvin appears to have been a terrible example of a police officer, with numerous complaints about him stretching back at least ten or fifteen years. I'm not prepared to accept that all those complaints involved black people, and that he never abused his authority against whites.

Unfortunately, because of the current political climate, even suggesting that this incident wasn't 100 percent racism is, in itself, decried as racist.

What's really needed is to get the police out of the paramilitary business and back into the peace officer business. That would be a good start.

In many of the "brutality" incidents that become publicized, police doing regular police duties including the Floyd incident.

I agree on changing the way search and arrest warrants are carried out and pulling back on the War on Drugs and laws associated with that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2020, 10:19:57 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/minneapolis-city-council-members-look-to-disband-the-police-department-as-schools-and-other-city-agencies-cut-ties-with-police/ar-BB152szZ
I am curious how they think this would actually work.  If someone was killed breaking into a home, who would check and take away the body?  Who would collect evidence and investigate?  Would the homeowner have to turn in the body somewhere?  It seems to me that someone is still going to be doing those jobs in some fashion. 
It almost would seem more straightforward to say they are going to fire all the white officers and replace them with Hispanic or African-American police. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #402 on: June 05, 2020, 10:27:01 AM »
I am curious how they think this would actually work.  If someone was killed breaking into a home, who would check and take away the body?  Who would collect evidence and investigate?  Would the homeowner have to turn in the body somewhere?  It seems to me that someone is still going to be doing those jobs in some fashion. 
It almost would seem more straightforward to say they are going to fire all the white officers and replace them with Hispanic or African-American police. 

See, your problem is that you are trying to think logically. You can't be doing that.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #403 on: June 05, 2020, 11:43:38 AM »

An angry mob would be along shortly to burn the defender in his home along with his family for shooting a sweet innocent Dindu.

Remember these are the left wing cities that are currently arresting those defending themselves or their property against the rioters.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #404 on: June 05, 2020, 11:47:36 AM »

These questions make me think of the "Bring out your dead" scene from one of the Monty Python movies. Or maybe the cleanup squad from John Wick.

If the body was fresh - or even if it wasn't - would hog farmers be interested?

This type of speculation is no more ridiculous than the allegedly serious proposals some Democrats are putting forward to abolish police departments.

Quote from: Boomhauer
An angry mob would be along shortly to burn the defender in his home along with his family for shooting a sweet innocent Dindu.

Remember these are the left wing cities that are currently arresting those defending themselves or their property against the rioters.

No police to arrest people defending themselves against rioters would make rioting a VERY high risk activity with limited future prospects.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »
No police to arrest people defending themselves against rioters would make rioting a VERY high risk activity with limited future prospects.

That's just a return to the law of the jungle.  Which is a high risk way to live with very limited future prospects for anyone.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2020, 12:14:25 PM »
Got a corporate email warning that tomorrow is a global 5G protest day and that threats have been made against power and communications infrastructure. 
I'm glad I'm not working Saturday.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:52 PM »
Ben is right. We could all unite around better policing. Instead, the Left wants to churn up racial anxieties. The only solution they offer is to abolish policing altogether, and for whites to literally get on their knees and beg forgiveness for fictional sins. It's almost as if they don't want to find a workable solution.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2020, 12:35:29 PM »
One of the guys at Babylon Bee has been imagining the difficulties that may arise in our post-police future.

If you defund the police, how are you going to take people’s plastic straws and AR-15s?

https://twitter.com/IMAO_/status/1268567029407191043?s=09

HankB

• friend
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2020, 01:14:19 PM »
Ben is right. We could all unite around better policing. Instead, the Left wants to churn up racial anxieties. The only solution they offer is to abolish policing altogether, and for whites to literally get on their knees and beg forgiveness for fictional sins. It's almost as if they don't want to find a workable solution.
I see three possibilities:

1. Frighteningly monumental stupidity

2. Clinical insanity

3. There really IS a major conspiracy (perhaps several) finally coming out from behind the scenes.   [tinfoil]

Quote from: sumpnz
That's just a return to the law of the jungle.  Which is a high risk way to live with very limited future prospects for anyone.

You're against widespread vigilante justice and a rapid descent into total anarchy?

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »
Anybody else think Chauvin and his notorious knee should be put in charge of executing cop-killers?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2020, 03:37:51 PM »
Y'all get it, but I think some of these people don't follow the thought all the way through.  

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »
One thought I had:  What do you think would happen if one of these cities shut off all the street lights in the area where the rioting/looting is happening?

Part of me wants to say it would be worse, but part of me wonders if some of these looters would be freaked out by full darkness. 

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »
Some might freak and leave but others might just build bigger fires.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »
One thought I had:  What do you think would happen if one of these cities shut off all the street lights in the area where the rioting/looting is happening?

Part of me wants to say it would be worse, but part of me wonders if some of these looters would be freaked out by full darkness. 

They'll pull out their stolen iPhones and use the flashlights.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2020, 04:31:17 PM »
This should be an interesting philosophy bending trick for liberal elites: BLM wants to create its own "peace officer force". Armed citizens in black communities to counter and defend against the regular cops.

Hmm. What about those evil armed white militias that peacefully protest at state houses? Gun control or black lives matter? Which will the liberal elites support?

I'd actually like to see what kind of community armed citizen's force they create. It could actually be a boon to the gun rights (and general freedom) community. Also I notice this is apparently in gun-hating New York. I can't wait to see black people armed with AR-15s openly going about their business in NYC.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-plans-war-on-police-ny-leader-says
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »
Well, this is interesting (NSFWL), and also confusing for white progressives. Black probably trumps Mexican though:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268972107347701763
https://twitter.com/i/status/1268994481510113280
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2020, 05:05:33 PM »
When the man with the running chain saw in his hands tells you go home go home
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »
Amazon warehouse up in flames. There had to have been a *expletive deleted*it ton of merchandise inside.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/05/redlands-calif-warehouse-facility-that-handled-shipping-for-amazon-goes-up-in-flames/

Actually I should edit. Cause is unknown. So much destruction going on I just assumed it wasn't an accident, which it might very well be.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »
Lots of cardboard and wooden pallets in average retail distribution center.  Then there are thousands of tons of goods and products, much of which will burn nicely once ignited.  Lots of fuel to sustain a major fire, and all of it stored vertically in 45 foot tall racks.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #421 on: June 05, 2020, 08:28:04 PM »
https://www.whec.com/news/buffalos-emergency-response-team-resigns-protestor-injured-2-officers-suspended/5752073/

I read about that a couple of hours ago.  What a gift!  57 worthless officers outed themselves.  Accept their resignation (from the riot squad, not from the police force, unfortunately) and assign them to be meter maids.  Or give them a broom and tell them to pick up dogshit in the park.  Or whatever other crappy deadend jobs the PD has and are stuck there until they retire, or screw that up and get fired.

"It's good, though..."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #422 on: June 05, 2020, 09:14:20 PM »
I read about that a couple of hours ago.  What a gift!  57 worthless officers outed themselves.  Accept their resignation (from the riot squad, not from the police force, unfortunately) and assign them to be meter maids.  Or give them a broom and tell them to pick up dogshit in the park.  Or whatever other crappy deadend jobs the PD has and are stuck there until they retire, or screw that up and get fired.
Good. To hell with the lot of them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #423 on: June 05, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »
Good. To hell with the lot of them.

Yup.  The New York Post is saying it was the entire emergency response team. Good.  F'em.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #424 on: June 05, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »
Yeah, I might not agree with the politics of the old guy and he may have been a loudmouth, but that was an ugly video and really bad optics with the one cop stopping the other one from checking on him.  I guess once again, the victim was the wrong color, wrong sex, and wrong age for outrage.