Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86460 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2020, 09:37:48 PM »
Yup.  The New York Post is saying it was the entire emergency response team. Good.  F'em.

What's the plural for "Bye Felicia"?

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »
Yeah, I might not agree with the politics of the old guy and he may have been a loudmouth, but that was an ugly video and really bad optics with the one cop stopping the other one from checking on him.  I guess once again, the victim was the wrong color, wrong sex, and wrong age for outrage.
I saw another clip that showed other officers come right behind them and start checking on the guy (see link below).  You can see 2 or 3 buys looking at him behind all the others toward the end.  The guy who prevented the officer from stopping got on his radio right after that.  Was he reporting that?  Don't know.  

I wasn't sure what was going on when he fell.  The one guy pushed him back, but I couldn't tell how hard he pushed.  I figure a younger guy wouldn't have fallen like that but I don't know.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1268727392505417731

I agree it was bad optics, but I didn't see it as that ugly aside from how he hit his head.  I saw a tweet earlier claiming the old guy was concussed and was receiving medical care and largely okay.  With everything else going on lately, this one seemed minor to me.  

Hell, treat the one officer like normal criminals.  Charge him with assault and battery.  Then let him plea down to a misdemeanor and release him after a few days with no felony.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2020, 10:21:50 PM »
https://www.rt.com/usa/490401-cassandra-fairbanks-home-attacked-rioters/

https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1267369933014536192

I found a link about the journalist who had  a group show up at her house.  Sounded to me like they were firing all those fireworks at her house.

I am pretty sure I remember using deadly force to prevent arson was allowed.  Maybe not everywhere.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2020, 10:22:18 PM »
Lots of cardboard and wooden pallets in average retail distribution center.  Then there are thousands of tons of goods and products, much of which will burn nicely once ignited.  Lots of fuel to sustain a major fire, and all of it stored vertically in 45 foot tall racks.

Yes, and I'm certain the building code anywhere in California requires rack sprinklers systems for rack storage. If the building went up, it's about 95 percent certain that it was arson. The way sprinkler systems work is that the water supply is based on a small fire setting off two or four heads in the immediate vicinity of the fire to knock it down before it can spread. The number of heads, the water supply requirement, and even the droplet size from the heads is determined on the basis of the nature of what's stored.

With VERY rare exceptions, sprinkler system that open all the heads when one goes off, such as we see in the movies, simply don't exist. Those are called "deluge" systems for a reason, and they require HUGE amounts of water -- for a large building, more water than most public water mains can carry. It's possible for a fire to escalate so rapidly that it would overwhelm the sprinkler system, but it's unlikely. If the sprinklers don't put it out, they almost always slow it down enough to allow the FD time to respond and to finish knocking down the fire before it spreads to involve the entire structure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2020, 10:26:11 PM »
I thought I remember hearing many sprinkler heads had lead stoppers or something similar that would melt in the heat of the fire opening up the water flow.  Not sure if they still do that.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2020, 11:23:35 PM »
I thought I remember hearing many sprinkler heads had lead stoppers or something similar that would melt in the heat of the fire opening up the water flow.  Not sure if they still do that.

Lead is toxic, bullets are made of lead so therefore lead is even more evilerer. In order to be moar grEEn the lead has been replaced with something nontoxic like stainless steel.  =D

The ones I see in the telco central office I work in have some kind of red plastic looking thing. We had a fire last July in one of the business offices when a humongous PC monitor self immolated. The fire was rapidly extinguished and the damage was contained to a relatively small area. The problems we had which included losing the swithc and knocking out 911 service to most of NE oklahoma was a result of there being no one in the building to turn off the sprinkler water supply. It to a little over 90 minutes to get them shut off. Dats a lotta water!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2020, 12:35:40 AM »
Another case of shoving people leads to serious head injury. Maybe, at some point, they will get a hint.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2020, 12:50:53 AM »
Yes, and I'm certain the building code anywhere in California requires rack sprinklers systems for rack storage.

I know that sprinklers in rack storage were only required for racks storing particularly flammable items in the buildings I worked in or visited over the years.  We called them "waterfall racks".  Otherwise, it was sprinklers 45 feet overhead in the ceiling.  Plenty of opportunity for fires starting at floor level to become established before any ceiling sprinklers would trigger.
Putting sprinkler heads inside racks is asking for trouble as it's very difficult for team members driving reach trucks to see them from the floor.  Too easy to knock them loose and cause false alarms, damage product, etc., when placing pallets of product in higher levels.

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2020, 12:55:04 AM »

I don't think they use lead as the fuse but, yes -- in a normal system, each head operates independently. If a fire starts directly under a head, and that one head releases enough water to put out the fire, no other heads will open up. If the fire grows faster than one head can handle, then more heads will open. At some point, however, more heads opening is a bug rather than a feature. I don't know how rack systems are calculated but, for ordinary hazard contents (office buildings, light manufacturing, etc.), the amount of water required is based on four heads operating, and the pipes are sized to carry that much water to the most remote part of the building from where the sprinkler main enters the building.

So, in theory, the system will provide full flow to as many as four heads. If more heads open, the pressure in the system drops and the heads don't throw as much water, or throw it as far. They still discharge water, but eventually if enough heads open there's not much more than a drip coming out of each one.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2020, 07:52:29 AM »
Regarding Mattis, I've read that we can expect an anti Trump roundtable discussion with him, Kelly and a couple other former high ranking officials sometime in September. He's a loyal swamp creature.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2020, 08:24:19 AM »
Yeah, I might not agree with the politics of the old guy and he may have been a loudmouth, but that was an ugly video and really bad optics with the one cop stopping the other one from checking on him.  I guess once again, the victim was the wrong color, wrong sex, and wrong age for outrage.

There is a ton of outrage out there, you just have to know where to look.  It is everywhere on Imgur.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2020, 08:31:03 AM »

What's the plural for "Bye Felicia"?

Feliciae
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2020, 08:37:01 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2020, 09:06:35 AM »
So these two "Ivy League" lawyers have been an interesting sub-story. They threw a moltov cocktail into a police van. While it was empty, I haven't seen any evidence that they knew that.

I find it interesting because at least one of them made it through school via some Soros entity money, and the woman was bailed out by a high level Obama official. A higher court has ordered her re-arrested though.

Tinfoil stuff, but the "coincidence" of Soros and Obama connections make you think regarding high level behind the scenes organization.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/molotov-cocktail-attack-on-nypd-court-orders-defendants-taken-back-into-custody

On the tangent, this is more proof validating my theory that at present, a state college education is just as good or better than an Ivy League education. The Ivy League schools have become nothing more than political machines.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2020, 10:11:27 AM »
A good view of the huge institutional issues with police that allows Floyd-like situations to occur. Why did police involved in Floyd's case think that they could kill him in broad daylight without consequences for themselves?

What happens when you attempt to file a complaint against a police officer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJ5f1JMKns
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »
Here's one along the same line but will warm your heart a little (I know I needed it)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721GYRlmBR4  ;)
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2020, 11:34:12 AM »
A good view of the huge institutional issues with police that allows Floyd-like situations to occur. Why did police involved in Floyd's case think that they could kill him in broad daylight without consequences for themselves?

I am not convinced they intended to kill Floyd.  I think it is more likely they just didn't care.  He heard him saying he couldn't breathe and assume that meant he was breathing.  Never bothered to check on his welfare for several minutes even after he was unconscious.  I don't know if that meets the definition of murder or not.  More information might change my opinion.

Thanks for sharing the video.  I think I have seen parts of that.  They looked older.  If the media cared about journalism, they would be doing that all over the country.  Local Govts should be testing their own cops.  

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »

Well, that was enlightening.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #443 on: June 06, 2020, 12:09:13 PM »
Regarding Mattis, I've read that we can expect an anti Trump roundtable discussion with him, Kelly and a couple other former high ranking officials sometime in September. He's a loyal swamp creature.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/read-mattis-statement-on-trumps-handling-of-nationwide-protests.html
I hadn't bothered to read Mattis' statement from the other day.  Those are typical leftist talking points.  Leftists have been working to divide this country for decades while accusing everyone else of doing so.  He is either one of them or stupid enough to believe their BS.  I don't like either possibility (if there is another, I would like to hear it).  I would have thought that working for Trump he would understand Trump a bit, but his statement practically assumes Trump has ordered active duty troops to go in and shoot everyone.  
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:26:14 PM by MechAg94 »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #444 on: June 06, 2020, 01:53:21 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8392279/amp/Police-officer-set-fire-protesters-Mexico-amid-clashes-man-died-custody-cops.html?__twitter_impression=true
Shocking footage shows the moment a police officer is set on fire by protesters in Mexico amid violent clashes over the death of a man who died after he was beaten and taken into custody.

Protesters took to the streets Guadalajara, the nation's second-largest city, on Thursday and called for authorities to be held responsible for the death of Giovanni López.

Lopez was declared dead at a local hospital following an altercation with the police, reportedly because he was not wearing a face mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Video from Thursday's demonstration shows the moment a police officer turns away from protesters and got on a motorcycle, before a man is seen dousing him in liquid and setting him on fire.
Different country and different issue, but damn.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #445 on: June 06, 2020, 04:56:11 PM »
Well, that was enlightening.
And fully unsurprising
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #446 on: June 06, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
Here's one along the same line but will warm your heart a little (I know I needed it)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721GYRlmBR4  ;)
Well, those comments complete my quote of the day "If you're arresting a lawyer while he's smiling at you, you may want to think this over"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though "Do I get my phone call now?" "Sure" "Yeah honey I'm gonna be late, some unexpected income handcuffed me" is a very close contender.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #447 on: June 06, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »
Well, those comments complete my quote of the day "If you're arresting a lawyer while he's smiling at you, you may want to think this over"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though "Do I get my phone call now?" "Sure" "Yeah honey I'm gonna be late, some unexpected income handcuffed me" is a very close contender.

I've decided that the comment "For your protection and mine" has gone up a few notches on my "irritating comments" list. We all know it's for the cop, not the detainee that hasn't been arrested or charged.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #448 on: June 06, 2020, 06:50:51 PM »
I've decided that the comment "For your protection and mine" has gone up a few notches on my "irritating comments" list. We all know it's for the cop, not the detainee that hasn't been arrested or charged.
I figure it's code for "so I'm a bit less likely to shoot you"

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #449 on: June 06, 2020, 07:36:58 PM »
I figure it's code for "so I'm a bit less likely to shoot you"

"... unless your name is Daniel Shaver, in which case you're f***ed."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden