Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86422 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2020, 08:38:37 PM »
One of the guys at Babylon Bee has been imagining the difficulties that may arise in our post-police future.

https://twitter.com/IMAO_/status/1268567029407191043?s=09

oh, that's Frank...he was the main contributor of IMAO.US in the old days, he is funny as heck,i wonder if imao is still a thing
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »
I've decided that the comment "For your protection and mine" has gone up a few notches on my "irritating comments" list. We all know it's for the cop, not the detainee that hasn't been arrested or charged.

i hate that line so much, its one of the reasons i like the "first amendment audits" on youtube, they ( the riff raff youtubers ) will often use that line back on the police-its hilarious.
Some of the 1A audits are over the top idiots, but a few are funny and interesting/instructional
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
oh, that's Frank...he was the main contributor of IMAO.US in the old days, he is funny as heck,i wonder if imao is still a thing

Yup, that's the Frank.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2020, 02:04:49 AM »

What happens when you attempt to file a complaint against a police officer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJ5f1JMKns

Scary *expletive deleted*it.

The problem with police officers is that the 98 percent of them who are rogue cops give the rest a bad name.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »
The same people screaming to defund the police are gonna be the same ones pissed when the career criminal class (particularly the “catch and release” ones), child molesters, etc are all swinging from lampposts.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2020, 08:19:26 AM »
The same people screaming to defund the police are gonna be the same ones pissed when the career criminal class (particularly the “catch and release” ones), child molesters, etc are all swinging from lampposts.

If places were to actually go through with this "eliminate police" thing, it will be interesting times.

I have problems with the militarization of police and some directions the institution of law enforcement is going. Also individual cops who get the job for the wrong reasons and slip through the screening process and/or ongoing job evaluations. There's a difference between addressing those issues and "no more police".

When we go full Purge, these people will be screaming that "the man" doesn't care about them and why won't they DO SOMETHING! Or else they'll be part of the lawless mob committing violent crimes for which there are no repercussions. Except for the 230 grain kind.

The logical and sympathetic part of me doesn't want to see something like the elimination of the Minneapolis police department because of the innocent lives that will be harmed or lost. The "I told you so" part of me wants them to do it as I sit back and watch the movie.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #457 on: June 07, 2020, 08:21:49 AM »
Cop gets charged for hitting someone in the head with a metal baton, but the more interesting part here is the sammich store owner. He receives an online threat from a police union representative and then gets a visit from the DA and the police union representative, does a photo op, after which he issues a statement saying everything is OK. Seems odd. Wonder what went on in their private chat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI6NKjsIxeg
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #458 on: June 07, 2020, 08:50:03 AM »
I'm mildly amused that the police chief is named Outlaw.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #459 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:08 AM »
That old man with the cane that got shoved over speaks. He seems to be the most harmless, mellow senior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KX5lcxnrcw

Also, are police institutionally sociopathic? Discuss...  :police:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/sociopathy

Sociopathy refers to a pattern of antisocial behaviors and attitudes, including manipulation, deceit, aggression, and a lack of empathy for others[...] Sociopaths may or may not break the law, but by exploiting and manipulating others, they violate the trust that the human enterprise runs on.

The defining characteristic of the sociopath is a profound lack of conscience—a flaw in the moral compass that typically steers people away from breaking common rules and toward treating others decently.

What is the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?

Perhaps the most fundamental difference is the fact that sociopaths are able to form an attachment to a particular individual or group, even if limited in number. In contrast, psychopaths are unable to form or maintain genuine bonds.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #461 on: June 07, 2020, 10:58:28 AM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #462 on: June 07, 2020, 11:01:47 AM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #463 on: June 07, 2020, 11:04:52 AM »
Glory is one of my favorite movies BTW
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #464 on: June 07, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »
Not the first time BTW
https://historicaldigression.com/2012/08/01/shaw-memorial-vandalized/

Technically it's actually The Robert Gould Shaw Memorial
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #465 on: June 07, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
Grab your muskets fellas - Tom Arnold and his "daddy's huntin' rifle" army is coming after us.

As usual, Carol Roth is awesome.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/07/bahaha-carol-roth-makes-absolute-tool-of-tom-arnold-calling-for-liberal-white-men-to-borrow-their-dads-hunting-rifles-to-fight-trump-supporters/

Also,  I believe what he's suggesting is illegal in his home state. Can't be loaning or borrowing evil firearms.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #466 on: June 07, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
NSFW language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5BeQ1w4bfA

Yep. She's pissed people are protecting their own store.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #467 on: June 07, 2020, 12:32:53 PM »
NSFW language

Homicide detective!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #468 on: June 07, 2020, 02:34:52 PM »
After listening for a couple of minutes, I was also ready to keeeel her.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #469 on: June 07, 2020, 02:39:34 PM »
GoFundMe cancels funding requests if the business isn't liberal. A GoFundMe was started to help a business destroyed by riots and looting, then stopped by GoFundMe because they apparently didn't like either the business or the funder (conservative (and black) Candice Owens). Add GoFundMe to the other tech companies who use their wealth for commie pinkos.

I've never used GoFundMe, but have contributed to campaigns there. If somebody wants me to help them in the future, they'll need to find another funding interface. I won't give GoFundMe a commission anymore.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/07/wtaf-candace-owens-gofundme-for-the-parkside-cafe-in-al-removed-because-she-was-raising-funds-for-a-conservative-business/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #470 on: June 07, 2020, 04:07:52 PM »
I don't think they use lead as the fuse but, yes -- in a normal system, each head operates independently. If a fire starts directly under a head, and that one head releases enough water to put out the fire, no other heads will open up. If the fire grows faster than one head can handle, then more heads will open. At some point, however, more heads opening is a bug rather than a feature. I don't know how rack systems are calculated but, for ordinary hazard contents (office buildings, light manufacturing, etc.), the amount of water required is based on four heads operating, and the pipes are sized to carry that much water to the most remote part of the building from where the sprinkler main enters the building.

So, in theory, the system will provide full flow to as many as four heads. If more heads open, the pressure in the system drops and the heads don't throw as much water, or throw it as far. They still discharge water, but eventually if enough heads open there's not much more than a drip coming out of each one.

I'm bringing back the discussion about fires and sprinklers because of a statement by one of the firefighters about that Amazon distribution warehouse fire.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06/05/massive-3-alarm-warehouse-fire-erupts-amazon-redlands/

"We were overwhelmed in why did this building allow the fire to grow so rapidly. This is a modern building, modern construction, with the latest in fire protection technology inside it. So we're highly concerned about what overwhelmed the system so that we're at the position we're at now."

The news video also says that the BATFE is taking a lead role on the investigation. The video doesn't state it, but my guess is that the BATFE wiouldn't get involved unless there's a strong suspicion of arson.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #471 on: June 07, 2020, 04:13:15 PM »
NSFW language

Good grief! Another product of a free, public education. I'll bet she actually graduated from some building that calls itself a high school.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #472 on: June 07, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »
GoFundMe cancels funding requests if the business isn't liberal. A GoFundMe was started to help a business destroyed by riots and looting, then stopped by GoFundMe because they apparently didn't like either the business or the funder (conservative (and black) Candice Owens). Add GoFundMe to the other tech companies who use their wealth for commie pinkos.

I've never used GoFundMe, but have contributed to campaigns there. If somebody wants me to help them in the future, they'll need to find another funding interface. I won't give GoFundMe a commission anymore.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/07/wtaf-candace-owens-gofundme-for-the-parkside-cafe-in-al-removed-because-she-was-raising-funds-for-a-conservative-business/

Yet GoFundMe seems to be allowing a person who may be a career criminal to be running a campaign to fund buying himself a new gun. If you're on any of the "gun" forums, look for a new member using the screen name Gene1911.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2020, 05:40:22 PM »
I just got home from an a/c job and had left the tv on hbo because I was watching a movie.

Bill Meh was on with a former NSA. I'm going to guess Obama admin. He said most of the people arrested in the riots were far right wing. Offered no proof and no push back before I turned it off at least.

Must Trumps fault.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2020, 09:55:36 PM »
Have their been any videos of police *expletive deleted*ing up actual rioters? So far I just get to see ones of police hitting non violent people or attacking actual protesters.

Also does this feel like Kristallnacht Part Two: Electric Boogaloo to anyone else? Do nothing to the rioters but *expletive deleted*ck people who defend themselves in the ass?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!