Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86455 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #500 on: June 08, 2020, 11:32:16 AM »
AOC has competition

CAMEROTA: “What if in the middle of the night my home is broken into. Who do I call?”

BENDER: “Yes, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors. And I know — and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege.” pic.twitter.com/WhubQ9yJIf

— Eddie Zipperer (@EddieZipperer) June 8, 2020

Minneapolis City Council President: Calling the Police for a Burglary is Evidence of Privilege
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/minneapolis-city-council-president-calling-the-police-for-a-burglary-is-evidence-of-privilege/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #501 on: June 08, 2020, 12:50:20 PM »
Wow.  Is being able to dig a grave in my backyard and plant a ficus over it also evidence of privilege?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 02:52:43 PM by Devonai »
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #502 on: June 08, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
Wow.  Is being able to dig a grave in my backyard and plant a ficus over it also evidence privilege?

:rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #503 on: June 08, 2020, 06:08:52 PM »
Crime stats will drop down to nothing if there is no one to file a criminal complaint with.  Minneapolis may end up looking like Hiroshima in 1945, but on paper, their feel good counselling force will look like a raging success over the evil cops.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #504 on: June 08, 2020, 06:42:55 PM »
Whoops
Posted one with the wrong message at first.
Note to self: Pay closer attention to the wording in the meme before posting
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #505 on: June 08, 2020, 06:43:47 PM »
This is the one I meant to post

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #506 on: June 08, 2020, 07:35:40 PM »
Crime stats will drop down to nothing if there is no one to file a criminal complaint with.  Minneapolis may end up looking like Hiroshima in 1945, but on paper, their feel good counselling force will look like a raging success over the evil cops.
There may be nobody to crow about it.

If they succeed in abolishing the police entirely, the city council members may meet the same fate at the hands of "their" people as Benito Mussolini . . . or, more recently, Muammar Qaddafi.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #507 on: June 08, 2020, 10:17:26 PM »
Wow.  Is being able to dig a grave in my backyard and plant a ficus over it also evidence of privilege?

Just go easy on the nitrogen for a few years, no need to burn the leaves.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #508 on: June 08, 2020, 10:28:50 PM »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1YmZeSxpz52qT-10tkCjWOwOGkQqle7Wd1P7ZM1wMW0E/htmlview?pru=AAABcql6DI8
I was able to pull it up.  

That first link with the horses in Houston.  It didn't look to me like the officer intended to knock her down.  Looked more like the horse decided it wanted to go there and she was in the way.  I don't ride so someone else might see it differently.  Might need to ask my neice.  
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1266565461937917953

Your second link worked. The first gave me the same as the others -- a database page showing a list of many videos in the database.

As for intending to ride over her, it was too fast to be certain but it did appear that the officer was trying to rein the horse to the right (away from the girl), but Dobbin was moving too fast and responded too slowly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #509 on: June 08, 2020, 10:30:18 PM »
The database page with about 600 entries was what I was trying to link
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #510 on: June 09, 2020, 01:09:31 AM »
Now the police are using topography against our communities. A precious young lad was trying to acquire items from a Wal-Mart in an outer-outer ring suburb of St Louis, when mean people tried to take him into custody.

While running away from police, officers said the teen jumped a fence and fell down a bluff. The 14-year-old was rushed to a nearby hospital where he is expected to recover.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/crime/gravois-bluffs-walmart-shoplifting-teen-fenton/63-cd8541aa-f455-4d23-93cb-9a109015c65e?ref=exit-recirc

On the other hand, he might turn out to be white, so no one will care what happened to him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #511 on: June 09, 2020, 01:11:20 AM »
Not in my classroom.  I strive to be as unbiased as possible.  I present facts, expect students to look facts, and make their own decision, not following some "influencer."  I do not see schools as some type of indoctrination camps

they are indoctrinating them here, the teachers i know personally are all for bernie sanders or left of him.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #512 on: June 09, 2020, 08:23:39 AM »
New bumper sticker for the times.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #513 on: June 09, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »

I heard commentary on this stunt with Nancy Pelosi and Democrats going down on their knee to "honor" Floyd. 

"What, are they putting their knee down pretending to kill a black man?"

:facepalm:   :rofl: :rofl:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #514 on: June 09, 2020, 09:32:03 AM »
They're kneeling to their new leaders, BLM
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #515 on: June 09, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
Just checked , Kaepernickat at 32 is too young to run for president. Maybe 2024
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #516 on: June 09, 2020, 09:58:34 AM »
Just checked , Kaepernickat at 32 is too young to run for president. Maybe 2024

I just read that now it is required that he be hired by a sportsball team as part of the riot demands. It's racism not to. I don't know what it's called when black players other than him are not hired, or hired instead of him because they're better.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #517 on: June 09, 2020, 10:07:12 AM »
I just read that now it is required that he be hired by a sportsball team as part of the riot demands. It's racism not to. I don't know what it's called when black players other than him are not hired, or hired instead of him because they're better.

Agree to have cancer or we burn your house down
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2020, 10:48:38 AM »
If they started demanding Biden be replaced with a black candidate think the DNC would refuse?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »
If they started demanding Biden be replaced with a black candidate think the DNC would refuse?

Enter Michelle Obama.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #520 on: June 09, 2020, 12:05:16 PM »
Or Biden starts identifying as black.
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2020, 12:11:46 PM »
Or Biden starts identifying as black.

Would that make him the first sorta mainstream white-African-Americam who is inarticulate and stupid and dirty and a pervy-looking guy.  I mean, that's a storybook, man!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2020, 12:16:37 PM »

I heard commentary on this stunt with Nancy Pelosi and Democrats going down on their knee to "honor" Floyd. 

"What, are they putting their knee down pretending to kill a black man?"

:facepalm:   :rofl: :rofl:

Not just that pushback.  They were also dragged over the coals for cultural appropriation because they were all wearing African Kente cloth.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »
Biden's new campaign strategy

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-officials-looting-riots

“My ward is a s--t show,” one alderman says. “They are shooting at the police.”

I wonder how this alderman feels about defunding the police.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden