Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86500 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #650 on: June 16, 2020, 09:55:23 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S23DiBIHw1g
Defund the Police Unions - John Stossel

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #651 on: June 16, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »
There shouldn't be any .gov unions IMO. Because a union organizes itself as an adversarial entity against it's employer, and the employer is the people.

Hell, even lefty, statist, and collectivist FDR thought .gov unions was an insane idea.
I promise not to duck.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #652 on: June 16, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »
Start with the postal unions. They're screaming give us more money or we're all going to die again.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #653 on: June 16, 2020, 11:12:20 AM »
"Don't whine when people ask you what you're blathering about. Which incident in St. Louis are you talking about? "

I'll say again, more googling, less bitching and stop being a lazy prat. If you do a little of your own work I'm sure you can figure out a way to turn it into an abortion debate.

Thanks. Super-productive discussion.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #654 on: June 16, 2020, 11:25:36 AM »
Start with the postal unions. They're screaming give us more money or we're all going to die again.

Speaking of which, wrong mail (wrong street) in my mailbox for the 2nd day in a row.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:05:00 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #655 on: June 16, 2020, 12:29:58 PM »
Speaking of which, wrong mail (wrong street) in my mailbox for the 2nd day in a row.

I consider it an anomaly when I don't get the wrong mail. I wonder where mine is going?

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #656 on: June 16, 2020, 06:02:38 PM »
So Gandhi is a racist now?!?

Everyone’s been vandalized, from Winston Churchill to Mahatma Gandhi to Christopher Columbus — even some famous abolitionists have had their statues vandalized. In Portland, vandals proved the taking down of statues isn’t going to stop with Thomas Jefferson, whose statue was toppled the other day.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/16/video-shows-moment-vandals-in-portland-pulled-down-the-statue-of-thomas-jefferson-there/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #657 on: June 16, 2020, 06:24:20 PM »
So Gandhi is a racist now?!?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/16/video-shows-moment-vandals-in-portland-pulled-down-the-statue-of-thomas-jefferson-there/

Lets just say he didn't think too highly of blacks

Gandhi Is Deeply Revered, But His Attitudes On Race And Sex Are Under Scrutiny
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/02/766083651/gandhi-is-deeply-revered-but-his-attitudes-on-race-and-sex-are-under-scrutiny

Last year, a Gandhi statue was removed from a university campus in Ghana. Activists there and in Malawi are using the hashtag #GandhiMustFall. They're angry about his early writings.

In 1903, when Gandhi was in South Africa, he wrote that white people there should be "the predominating race." He also said black people "are troublesome, very dirty and live like animals."
"Gandhi as a young man went with the ideas of his culture and his time. He thought in his 20s that Europeans are the most civilized. Indians were almost as civilized, and Africans were uncivilized," Guha, 61, told NPR in an interview in May at his home in Bengaluru, India.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #658 on: June 16, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »

'Racist' Gandhi statue removed from University of Ghana
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46552614
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #659 on: June 16, 2020, 06:34:57 PM »
I'm just surprised the soytards here would be aware of that. Either that or they don't give a hoot who the statue is of.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #660 on: June 16, 2020, 06:38:29 PM »
 ;/

Ghandi is honored for his non-violent resistance and nationalism, not his racism.

Columbus is honored for discovering (yes, discovering) the New World, not for any real or pretended offenses to the natives.

MLK is honored for his civil rights leadership, not his womanizing.

Washington, Jefferson, et al, are honored for promoting human rights and liberty, not for owning slaves.

Thanksgiving Day honors God and remembers those who set a good example of pious thankfulness toward Him. It has nothing to do with maltreatment of native peoples.

And if we're going to take down the statues, it is absolutely shameful to do so because race-rioting thug mobs are threatening to burn down the dollar store. Letting ourselves be ruled by know-nothing thugs is obviously much worse than if we had statues to Nathan Bedford Forrest in every square.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2020, 06:47:22 PM »
Never expect rationality from a mob especially when it's made up of people who weren't rational to begin with
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2020, 10:46:55 PM »
Never expect rationality from a mob especially when it's made up of people who weren't rational to begin with

They're as rational as the ivory towers these anti-civilization ideas came from.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #663 on: June 17, 2020, 09:09:14 AM »
I'm just surprised the soytards here would be aware of that. Either that or they don't give a hoot who the statue is of.
I think a few may know, but I bet most of them have no idea who the statue is supposed to be. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #664 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:36 AM »
I think a few may know, but I bet most of them have no idea who the statue is supposed to be. 

You can’t always know who’s a useful idiot, and who just wants to push dezinformatsiya. A few days ago I came across a tweet like so:

“Republicans love 2nd place. Civil War, they wave Confederate Flags. WWII, they wave NAZI flags.” Sincere or cynical? You be the judge.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #665 on: June 17, 2020, 10:28:21 AM »

You can’t always know who’s a useful idiot, and who just wants to push dezinformatsiya. A few days ago I came across a tweet like so:

“Republicans love 2nd place. Civil War, they wave Confederate Flags. WWII, they wave NAZI flags.” Sincere or cynical? You be the judge.

Is it me or have delusions like this gotten more prevalent since they legalized marijuana in many states?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:56:50 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #666 on: June 17, 2020, 10:49:51 AM »

Thanksgiving Day honors God and remembers those who set a good example of pious thankfulness toward Him. It has nothing to do with maltreatment of native peoples.

Sez you.

I think I've posted in at least one other thread that in my wife's native country (Latin America), they are taught that the Pilgrims started Thanksgiving in order to celebrate killing off the natives. I learned this when I overheard a government lawyer "explaining" this to a government social worker in adoption court.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #667 on: June 17, 2020, 11:09:59 AM »

It's poorly stated, but a good observation.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #668 on: June 17, 2020, 11:10:55 AM »
Sez you.

I think I've posted in at least one other thread that in my wife's native country (Latin America), they are taught that the Pilgrims started Thanksgiving in order to celebrate killing off the natives. I learned this when I overheard a government lawyer "explaining" this to a government social worker in adoption court.

According to some people I know, who adopted a baby in Latin America, some of the tribesfolk down there have nothing but suspicion for norteamericanos' motives. They believe we adopt their kids so we can literally eat them.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #669 on: June 17, 2020, 11:15:41 AM »
Sez you.

Well, that's certainly something else...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #670 on: June 17, 2020, 11:16:03 AM »
Sez you.

That's what has been taught in many US schools for some time now. Remember them trying to push some of that stuff on us in the 70s
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »
That's what has been taught in many US schools for some time now

I'm not sure if you're joking, but students are basically taught to hate everything about our country.

And are taught absolutely nothing about other countries so they are never able to realize that all the bad things about our country were far worse everywhere else.

At one time, it was understandable to try to give children perspective that our country isn't perfect. Now they're just taught our country isn't and has never been any good.

I'm shocked ANY young people still love this country.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2020, 11:24:42 AM »
I'm not sure if you're joking, but students are basically taught to hate everything about our country.

No joke, I was too slow with my added edited in comment that I remember them pushing this stuff in the 70s

Daughter recently completed HS, well 4 years ago, and many of the books and papers she brought home made me shake my head. Thankfully I taught her to question just about everything they taught and do her own research.  
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »
Basically US history went as follows

Peaceful American natives living in harmony with nature
Here comes Columbus looking for slaves
Genocide
Slavery
More genocide
Something about a revolution started by slave owners
More slavery
Genocide
Something about a war over ownership of blacks
More genocide
lynchings
US nukes innocent civilians because of race
lynchings
Civil rights movement/dems free the blacks
Free at last, free at last. Oh wait more racism than ever before

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #674 on: June 17, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »
Civil rights movement/dems free the blacks
Free at last, free at last. Oh wait more racism than ever before

Yup. :rolleyes: