Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86477 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #675 on: June 17, 2020, 12:24:21 PM »
Did you know that the Americas were stolen from blacks? They were here first.
Actually had a guy try to educate me on this.

http://raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/ancientamerica.htm

Yes there could have been early contact between Native Americans and Africa blacks, it's not that far, but this is where it really gets super wacked out

He even went on about how the slave trade and Native (Indian) wars is a lie invented to cover up the white near genocide of the rightful black owners of the Americas and white people need give it back and get the blank out. Oh, and leave all your "stolen" wealth while you're at it.
I remember finding articles on the internet about this but have since lost track and honesty I don't feel at the moment like looking them up again but it's a real movement
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:37:18 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #676 on: June 17, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
And it wasn't only whites doing this
China and all of Chinese civilization including every single Chinese invention was stolen from blacks
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #677 on: June 17, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/17/the-rayshard-brooks-case-is-not-another-george-floyd-incident/

Attorney L. Chris Stewart stated, “People ask, ‘Why would (Brooks) resist if they’re trying to put him in handcuffs?’ Well, they put George Floyd in handcuffs, and he was subsequently killed. So just getting put in handcuffs — if you’re African American — doesn’t  mean you’re going to be nicely taken to the back of a police car.”

How'd that work out for Brooks? :rolleyes:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #678 on: June 17, 2020, 04:45:43 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/17/the-rayshard-brooks-case-is-not-another-george-floyd-incident/

How'd that work out for Brooks? :rolleyes:

It appears the officer who shot Brooks is up for felony murder. I'm not sure how that will work out. At this point, it seems like cops could almost use all the cop hate and politicians going way overboard to appease the masses with the racism stuff, as a defense. Then once again, we skirt the original issue as well as ways to sensibly resolve it.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/06/17/da-will-charge-atlanta-police-officer-who-shot-rayshard-brooks-with-felony-murder-and-10-other-charges/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #680 on: June 17, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8431699/Black-Lives-Matter-protest-80-people-tiny-Ohio-town-overrun-700-armed-counterprotesters.html?ito=rss-flipboard

This needs to happen more often

The article doesn't paint a rosy picture, for what the Mail's coverage is worth. It would be good if BLM was outnumbered so heavily everywhere they went.

A staggering 97 percent of Bethel residents are white...

Staggering? Really?  ???

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #681 on: June 17, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »
And it wasn't only whites doing this
China and all of Chinese civilization including every single Chinese invention was stolen from blacks

I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to remind us that it's even called Black Powder, invented in China.  And to some old time BP shooters, it's sometimes even called King Black.

Not enough coffee this morning?  Black, I take it.

:rofl:

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »
The article doesn't paint a rosy picture, for what the Mail's coverage is worth. It would be good if BLM was outnumbered so heavily everywhere they went.

I'm at the point I really don't care. The MSM bias has gotten so bad that the city can be burning around them, there are things thrown at them, their camera is stolen while they are on the air, and they still call it a "peaceful protest"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #683 on: June 17, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
You killed Aunt Jemima, you bastards!
They're pulling the brand.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #684 on: June 17, 2020, 08:57:48 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/herschel-walker-defund-the-police-offer

Former NFL running back Herschel Walker offered to work with airlines to send people who want to defund the police to countries without them.

Walker, who played 12 years in the NFL, took his thoughts to Twitter in response to people who want to eliminate police departments across the United States.

“I have an idea… For all these people who don’t want any police, I’d love to meet with American Airlines, Delta, and Southwest and make a deal to fly them to countries that don’t have police. I want them to be happy!” Walker wrote.

Nice.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #685 on: June 17, 2020, 09:07:02 PM »

Uncle Ben's will be next.

Do you think they will rename Cracker Jack to Caucasian Jack?

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2020, 09:15:40 PM »

Naw.  Offending white people is still OK, even encouraged.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2020, 09:16:04 PM »

bob

You mean they haven't already?
https://babylonbee.com/news/cracker-jacks-changes-name-to-more-politically-correct-caucasian-jacks
"It's good, though..."

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2020, 09:18:58 PM »

bob

We had a guy at work last year. Pure white trailer trash. He even had the mullet. More often than not he wore a sweatshirt that said "Super Cracker"

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #689 on: June 17, 2020, 09:27:53 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8431699/Black-Lives-Matter-protest-80-people-tiny-Ohio-town-overrun-700-armed-counterprotesters.html?ito=rss-flipboard

This needs to happen more often

This is an hour from me.  Bethel is in a very red county.  The funny thing I’ve seen is that a large majority of the BLM protesters are white.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2020, 09:44:55 PM »
Does it make me racist if I say I prefer Mrs. Buttersworth syrup?     =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2020, 09:47:59 PM »
Does it make me racist if I say I prefer Mrs. Buttersworth syrup?     =D

Are you white? If so then yes, anything you do is racist
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2020, 09:48:57 PM »
This is an hour from me.  Bethel is in a very red county.  The funny thing I’ve seen is that a large majority of the BLM protesters are white.

I'd say that's more tragic than funny.   :'(

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2020, 10:25:41 PM »
I never knew I was supposed to see Aunt Jemima as a slave or a stereotype. I thought she was just a friendly woman from the 1800s, who wore 19th-century clothes, and made a mean pancake. Now I learn she's supposed to be a slave or a "Mammy," something of which most whites and blacks have little memory.

Some years ago, she got an update, so she looks like a very classy aunty indeed. The old stereotype, if that's what it was, was discarded. Just the name and the pancakes remain. Are Biblical names racist, now? But, despite what she's managed to make of herself, she's cancelled. How does that make sense? It doesn't. Does this help black people? It doesn't.

She apparently came from a minstrel song written by a black man, and despite now having a more respectable image than most white women (does your old lady wear pearls in the kitchen?), she's somehow holding black people back. Well, isn't that a bit like the way black America came from slave ships, and now count billionaires and beloved celebrities and a top TV talk show host, and a president among their ranks? I guess Barack Obama and Oprah and Michael Jordan should be cancelled then.

This is an hour from me.  Bethel is in a very red county.  The funny thing I’ve seen is that a large majority of the BLM protesters are white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpO3_2yBd2U
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:21:09 AM by fistful »

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2020, 10:47:16 PM »
I always saw her as a good cook.

I worked downtown KCK and KCMO for years the older black ladies could cook and they had respect from me and to me.

The last 15 years has had some low points that may be hard to come back from the lies.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #695 on: June 18, 2020, 12:57:59 AM »
This "Qualified Immunity" thing sounds a lot like "ignorance is Strength". It basically ensures that the more mentally defective the cop, the less likely he is to be punished? "If I did not think that what I was doing was wrong,  I am not accountable for anything I did".

If your job requires you to break the Law, or if you can't do your job without breaking the Law, there is something very wrong with either your job or you. If you provide exceptions to the Law for some people , you are enabling Lawlessness. There is some serious cognitive dissonance going on here with the entire justice system and the effects are coming home to roost.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #696 on: June 18, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »
I always saw her as a good cook.

I worked downtown KCK and KCMO for years the older black ladies could cook and they had respect from me and to me.

The last 15 years has had some low points that may be hard to come back from the lies.

What was it they (AOC maybe?) said about wrong math? That's it's not wrong if it's morally correct.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:31:24 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #697 on: June 18, 2020, 10:29:43 AM »
This "Qualified Immunity" thing sounds a lot like "ignorance is Strength". It basically ensures that the more mentally defective the cop, the less likely he is to be punished? "If I did not think that what I was doing was wrong,  I am not accountable for anything I did".

If your job requires you to break the Law, or if you can't do your job without breaking the Law, there is something very wrong with either your job or you. If you provide exceptions to the Law for some people , you are enabling Lawlessness. There is some serious cognitive dissonance going on here with the entire justice system and the effects are coming home to roost.
Okay, so a couple questions to educate myself.  I heard qualified immunity was a fairly new thing in the last 50 years or so.  Just curious why that was added, what they did before that, and what events brought it on.

1.  What did courts/judges do with cases where police officers were sued (civil court)?  Were they thrown out or just required to have a high burden of proof?  Anyone know how often that happened? 

2.  How did that happen in criminal court?  Were cops ever prosecuted for excessive use of force?  Or were they just fired?

On #1 above, there are so many well funded groups these days that would actively try to use the courts to destroy officers involved in any high profile incident.  It wouldn't matter if the case had any merit.  If the judge didn't immediately throw it out, even local police unions could be bankrupted.  Qualified immunity may not be the answer, but it would seem to me that some sort of protection is needed  Maybe that something should involve overhauling the judicial system, but that is more of a stretch than removing qualified immunity. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

JN01

• friend
« Reply #699 on: June 18, 2020, 04:49:41 PM »

On #1 above, there are so many well funded groups these days that would actively try to use the courts to destroy officers involved in any high profile incident.  It wouldn't matter if the case had any merit.  If the judge didn't immediately throw it out, even local police unions could be bankrupted.  Qualified immunity may not be the answer, but it would seem to me that some sort of protection is needed  Maybe that something should involve overhauling the judicial system, but that is more of a stretch than removing qualified immunity. 

I was thinking the same thing.  It wouldn't have to be a high profile incident.  They could bombard the court system with lawsuits in the manner that the left was beginning to do to bankrupt the gun industry several years ago, prior to Congress stepping in and protecting them with legislation.  Taxpayers would be stuck paying the legal fees for the frivolous suits, as the department would likely be named as well as the officer.