Author Topic: Minneapolis police in the news again  (Read 86318 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Minneapolis police in the news again
« Reply #725 on: June 21, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »
Good question in the comments: How does NPR know the driver is "right wing"?

He did something against someone doing something
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:13:55 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #726 on: June 21, 2020, 10:15:03 PM »
Good question in the comments: How does NPR know the driver is "right wing"? If I were in that situation, right wing or no, I'd absolutely use my car as a weapon. As another person mentioned, some people remember Reginald Denny. NPR is the worst.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/21/the-photo-npr-used-of-right-wing-extremists-ramming-protesters-actually-resulted-in-the-protesters-getting-arrested-not-the-driver/

The driver, whose name was redacted in the report, told police that protesters surrounded her car and “a verbal altercation occurred after which the protesters began to reach into her car, scratching her vehicle window … and assaulting her, pulling her hair (pulling out a dreadlock).”

You can tell it was a right-winger. They always have those fashy dreadlock hair-dos.

In the video, the woman tries to back up to get away from the protestors. Twice. They just followed her, and kept assaulting her. So she drove forward, and flipped a guy over, and presumably got away safely. Stupid NPR.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2020, 10:33:54 PM »
Good question in the comments: How does NPR know the driver is "right wing"? If I were in that situation, right wing or no, I'd absolutely use my car as a weapon. As another person mentioned, some people remember Reginald Denny. NPR is the worst.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/21/the-photo-npr-used-of-right-wing-extremists-ramming-protesters-actually-resulted-in-the-protesters-getting-arrested-not-the-driver/

NPR's tweet has been memory-holed.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #728 on: June 22, 2020, 04:24:36 AM »
I'm a little late on this one but I just had to say something.

Citation from bedlamite:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8431699/Black-Lives-Matter-protest-80-people-tiny-Ohio-town-overrun-700-armed-counterprotesters.html?ito=rss-flipboard

"A staggering 97 percent of Bethel residents are white and just 13 black people live there, according to US Census estimates."

By RACHEL SHARP FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

"Staggering?"  Your prejudice is showing, dearie.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #730 on: June 22, 2020, 10:19:36 AM »
Some more background on the "right wing drivers" incidents:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/22/journalism-is-dead-part-9999-receipt-filled-thread-details-what-really-happened-in-louisville-with-driver-who-allegedly-struck-protester/

Local news for me
It was a black woman who got in an argument with a protester  :facepalm:

As to the claim that WLKY purposely omitted part of the video my understanding is that there are two videos, the one they had at the time started after the confrontation had stated and that they didn't have the second one taken by another individual showing the initial confrontation until later.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:36:06 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #731 on: June 22, 2020, 06:36:30 PM »
Someone posted this in a forum

- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #732 on: June 22, 2020, 07:38:31 PM »
I'm immediately suspicious.   [tinfoil]

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #733 on: June 22, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »
I'm immediately suspicious.   [tinfoil]

Glowinthedarks..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #734 on: June 22, 2020, 10:45:56 PM »
Probably the same doofus who predicted the Hell's Angels and Mongols were going to team up and destroy CHOP in Seattle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #735 on: June 22, 2020, 10:48:00 PM »
Probably the same doofus who predicted the Hell's Angels and Mongols were going to team up and destroy CHOP in Seattle.

I'd kinda like to see a Mongol horde take out the CHAZ.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #736 on: June 23, 2020, 07:16:04 AM »
I'd kinda like to see a Mongol horde take out the CHAZ.

You only need one Mongol to take out the CHAZ/CHOP. 

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #737 on: June 23, 2020, 08:35:37 AM »
You only need one Mongol to take out the CHAZ/CHOP. 

Or maybe a Mongol band.

https://youtu.be/jM8dCGIm6yc

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #738 on: June 23, 2020, 08:43:08 AM »
Looks like Trump is the first leader, fed, state, or local, to drop the hammer regarding destruction of historical monuments. It will be interesting to see if there is a drop in the destruction of monuments on Federal property vs those in other areas.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/06/23/there-are-dozens-of-rioters-on-camera-from-lafayette-park-last-night-and-president-trump-just-authorized-their-arrest/

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #739 on: June 23, 2020, 08:50:09 PM »
I hope they didn't cover their tats. :)

May be an interesting experiment/demonstration of facial/somatic recognition technology.  Kind of interesting in that most of the mobsters throughout this mish-mosh were not wearing masks.  Maybe we should encourage that.
 [popcorn]

Hmmmm... popcorn... hmmmm.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #740 on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:47 PM »
Look out, BLM.  The U.S. Marshals are on their way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-marshals-told-to-prepare-to-help-protect-monuments-nationwide-as-trump-targets-people-who-vandalize-structures-during-protests/2020/06/24/08588004-b67d-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

U.S. Marshals have been told they should prepare to help protect national monuments across the country, according to an email directive viewed by The Washington Post, as President Trump has vowed stern punishment for those who vandalize or destroy such structures as part of police violence protests.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #741 on: June 25, 2020, 01:26:22 PM »
Seems like black people would be getting sick of these white people:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1276181752361431040

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #742 on: June 25, 2020, 02:40:33 PM »
These white liberals are nuts:

Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-powderhorn-park-neighborhood-progressive-sworn-off-police-911-george-floyd

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #743 on: June 25, 2020, 03:17:07 PM »
These white liberals are nuts:

Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-powderhorn-park-neighborhood-progressive-sworn-off-police-911-george-floyd

I try, but I just can't understand how someone can have that experience and not want to defend themselves in some manner - even if it's only calling the police.  I wonder if doubt he even thought about the (probable) later theft and how it may have impacted someone else.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #744 on: June 25, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »

I try, but I just can't understand how someone can have that experience and not want to defend themselves in some manner - even if it's only calling the police.  I wonder if doubt he even thought about the (probable) later theft and how it may have impacted someone else.

If the thieves went to the next victim and shot them, someone like this guy would find a way to blame that victim for being shot.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #745 on: June 25, 2020, 05:31:03 PM »
If the thieves went to the next victim and shot them, someone like this guy would find a way to blame that victim for being shot.

Quoted for truth.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2020, 07:11:02 PM »
And then congratulate himself on how "woke" he is.

Selfish, narcissistic bastards.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2020, 11:58:14 PM »
Modern society has arrived at this level of widespread stupidity because we have made it our "thing" to stop Darwinism from running its course. At some point we are going to have to allow a hands-off natural correction if humanity is to remain viable.  :lol:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #748 on: June 26, 2020, 05:46:05 AM »
Modern society has arrived at this level of widespread stupidity because we have made it our "thing" to stop Darwinism from running its course. At some point we are going to have to allow a hands-off natural correction if humanity is to remain viable.  :lol:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #749 on: June 26, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
Hey kids. Did you know that not engaging in criminal activity reduces to practically zero your chance of being killed by a police office and greatly reduces your chance of being murdered overall?
Amazing isn't it?
Yes I know, it's unbelievable. Probably just extreme far right wing propaganda
- Calvin and Hobbes