Author Topic: It's about darn time: Antifa to be designated a "terrorist organization".  (Read 7270 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
President Trump announced via Twitter this afternoon that Antifa will be designated a "terrorist organization".  It sure took long enough given the group's terrorist actions over the last several years.
Story on Fox News here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
In basements across America

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Better late than never.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
That unlocks a whole bunch of executive actions that can be taken against the organizers and people funding them.  Hopefully, they have that information lined up.

I imagine they could also sick federal prosecutors on some of the protestors rioters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
That unlocks a whole bunch of executive actions that can be taken against the organizers and people funding them.  Hopefully, they have that information lined up.

I imagine they could also sick federal prosecutors on some of the protestors rioters. 

It would be über sweet to see George Soros busted for terrorism ...

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Can they now be hunted?

Use detcord?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CNN has decided it would be unconstitutional to do so. Though they were fine with "far right" groups being designated as such.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/trump-antifa-protests/index.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
CNN has decided it would be unconstitutional to do so. Though they were fine with "far right" groups being designated as such.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/trump-antifa-protests/index.html

Can we go ahead and declare CNN a terrorist org?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
It would be über sweet to see George Soros busted for terrorism ...

And that will never happen because money means more in this world than the rule of law.

MechAg94

• friend
And that will never happen because money means more in this world than the rule of law.
Besides, I think there were other rich guys funding Antifa.

What would be useful is taking down the organizations funding the antifa protests and cutting off the money used to bail them out and get charges dismissed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
A "Harvard educated" moron has returned.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/06/01/harvard-scholar-david-hogg-tries-to-slam-trump-by-speaking-of-his-grandfather-who-was-part-of-the-antifa-forces-in-wwii-and-people-have-thoughts/

*sigh*  The only way Hogg will ever be a part of something creative is if he were to fall into an operating cement mixer.

WLJ

• friends
Harvard's newest valedictorian
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
I'm more concerned with the label of "Antifa" as being a legitimate target of State violence. People don't carry cards or "register" as Antifa.

If you let the State determine who is "Antifa" for this round, who's to say the State will be 100% accurate or not have political bias to label unwanted voices as "Antifa" when they are not?

I"m an Anarchist. But I'm an AnCap (Anarcho-Capitalist). We don't go around burning stores because of the actions of government. I will admit I'm perfectly content with the burning of the Minneapolis Police Precinct in the wake of Mr. Floyd's murder.  On par with Athens, TN, from 1946.  That department did the deed, that police union backs that officer, that officer's partner sat back and watched the murder and didn't intervene.  Way too much of that *expletive deleted*it going on, and it has to stop.

But because I oppose the notion of Democracy or mob rule, if I become enough of a nuisance it's not that big of a stretch for the State to label me as a member of Antifa because I'm an "Anarchist" (even though that wing of philosophy is far more broad than the divide between Democrats and Republicans).

Mr. Neimoller's poem "First they came" comes to mind.

I don't support Antifa. I'd shoot a sidewalk full of them dead for advancing on a store with molotovs.  But I happily leave them alone, otherwise.  And they do the same to me.

It's pretty easy for the State, in collusion with the Media in its pocket, to just paint someone with a target label and get away with slander to false imprisonment to murder.

But labeling a "thought" as a CRIME is reprehensible. When that is backed by the violence of the State, it is treason against reason and rationality.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
If you are engaged in violence and the destruction of property during an advertised Antifa event you might be Antifa.

If you are a known associate of an active professed Antifa organizer and are at a protest event causing chaos you might be Antifa.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
*sigh*  The only way Hogg will ever be a part of something creative is if he were to fall into an operating cement mixer.
  :rofl:     Sorry.... it's cruel to laugh .... but the image was funny.  :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
I'm more concerned with the label of "Antifa" as being a legitimate target of State violence. People don't carry cards or "register" as Antifa.

If you let the State determine who is "Antifa" for this round, who's to say the State will be 100% accurate or not have political bias to label unwanted voices as "Antifa" when they are not?

I"m an Anarchist. But I'm an AnCap (Anarcho-Capitalist). We don't go around burning stores because of the actions of government. I will admit I'm perfectly content with the burning of the Minneapolis Police Precinct in the wake of Mr. Floyd's murder.  On par with Athens, TN, from 1946.  That department did the deed, that police union backs that officer, that officer's partner sat back and watched the murder and didn't intervene.  Way too much of that *expletive deleted*it going on, and it has to stop.

But because I oppose the notion of Democracy or mob rule, if I become enough of a nuisance it's not that big of a stretch for the State to label me as a member of Antifa because I'm an "Anarchist" (even though that wing of philosophy is far more broad than the divide between Democrats and Republicans).

I don't support Antifa. I'd shoot a sidewalk full of them dead for advancing on a store with molotovs.  But I happily leave them alone, otherwise.  And they do the same to me.

It's pretty easy for the State, in collusion with the Media in its pocket, to just paint someone with a target label and get away with slander to false imprisonment to murder.

But labeling a "thought" as a CRIME is reprehensible. When that is backed by the violence of the State, it is treason against reason and rationality.

While "the state"  may not assign terrorist status to your satisfaction with 100%  accuracy,  it has a legitimate role in maintaining peace and order,   and crushing riots,  violent dissention, and  in maintaining social order.

The 3rd precinct house in Minneapolis should NEVER have been abandoned to the thugs;  doing so only inspired them and told them there would be no consequences for further action.  The police union's  JOB  is to support the police officers.  That's expected and sop.   It's also irrelevant to the matter;  Officer Chauvin clearly was in the wrong --- seriously so,  and has been charged.  The other officers relieved,  and all remarkably  quick.

This city has suffered greatly;  it may not recover for decades if ever.   There's no excuse for this.  There's no excuse for any of it.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim

I concur, what would stop the state from labeling folks with firearms demonstrating at a state capital, terrorists or Antifa?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
I concur, what would stop the state from labeling folks with firearms demonstrating at a state capital, terrorists or Antifa?

No connections to terrorists or Antifa?

Antifa is 10 times more domestic terrorists than the "scary" white nationalists.

They have about a decade of chaos, violence and destruction in their resume.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I understand where AZ is coming from. I'm a white male gun owner who lives in one of the states with a reputation as a stronghold for "Aryan militias". They already try to tie groups like the Three Percenters, and heck, even the Idaho Freedom Foundation, into "white power militias". All it takes is an Elizabeth Warren presidency to suddenly make me a domestic terrorist because white, man, gun owner in Idaho, who wears Gadsden t-shirts.

On the other hand, I despise what antifa represents and what they do. Their violence is out of hand and to this point, goes largely unpunished, for example, in places like Portland where the local government practically protects them.

In BenWorld, rather than make them (or anyone) a terrorist organization, my solution would be that when some black clad jackass tries to bash my head in with a bike lock, I put 2-3 rounds in him, and when the cops show up they say, "nice grouping". In this world, I'm just as likely to be sent to the pokey for that, which allows their jackassery to thrive.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
No connections to terrorists or Antifa?

Antifa is 10 times more domestic terrorists than the "scary" white nationalists.

They have about a decade of chaos, violence and destruction in their resume.

Think they need connections?

Also this isn't a new thing

List of civil unrest and riots since 1900

1900 – Akron Riot of 1900, Akron, Ohio
1900 – New Orleans Riot
1901 – Denver Riots, Denver, Colorado[citation needed]
1901 – New York Race Riots[citation needed]
1901 – Pierce City Riots, Pierce City, Missouri
1902 – Liverpool Riots, Denver, Colorado[citation needed]
1903 – Colorado Labor Wars, 1903–1904
1903 – Anthracite Coal Strike, Eastern Pennsylvania
1903 – Evansville Race Riot, Evansville, Indiana[citation needed]
1903 – Motormen's Riot, Richmond, Virginia[citation needed]
1905 – 1905 Chicago teamsters' strike, April 7 - July 19, Conflict between the Teamsters Union and the Employers' Association of Chicago by the end, 21 people killed and 416 injured, mostly workers. Chicago, IL
1906 – Rioting and looting after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake
1906 – Atlanta Riots, Atlanta, Georgia
1907 – Bellingham riots, Bellingham, Washington
1908 – Springfield Race Riot, Springfield, Illinois
1909 – Greek Town riot, February 21, South Omaha, Nebraska
1910–1919 Edit
1910 – Johnson–Jeffries riots
1910–1919 – Bandit War Southern Texas
1910 – Philadelphia general strike (1910), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1912 – Lawrence textile strike, Lawrence, Massachusetts (January to March)
1912 – Grabow riot (July 7)
1913 – Wheatland Riot, August 3, Wheatland, California
1913 – Paterson silk strike, Feb. 25-July 28 Paterson, New Jersey
1913 – Copper Country Strike of 1913–1914, Calumet, Michigan
1913 - Colorado Coalfield War, Sept. 23-April 29, 1914, Southern Colorado
1913 – Indianapolis streetcar strike of 1913, Oct. 30-Nov. 7, Indianapolis, Indiana
1914 – Ludlow massacre, April 20, Ludlow, Colorado
1916 – Preparedness Day bombing, July 22, San Francisco, California
1916 – Everett massacre, November 5, Everett, Washington
1917 – East St. Louis Race Riots, July 2, St. Louis, Missouri & East St. Louis, Illinois
1917 - Chester race riot, July 25-29, Chester, Pennsylvania
1917 – Springfield Vigilante Riot, Springfield, Missouri
1917 – Green Corn Rebellion, Aug. 3, A brief popular uprising advocating for the rural poor and against military conscription, Central Oklahoma
1917 – Houston Race riot, August 23, Houston, Texas
1917 – St. Paul Streetcar Riots, October and December, St. Paul, Minnesota
1918 – Detroit trolley riot, Detroit, Michigan {Source: Detroit Free Press' The Detroit Almanac, 2001.}
1919 – Seattle General Strike, Feb. 6-11, Seattle, Washington
1919 – May Day Riots, May 1, Cleveland, Ohio, Boston, Massachusetts, New York City, New York (state)
1919 – Red Summer, white riots against blacks
Blakeley, Georgia (February 😎
Memphis, Tennessee (March 14)
Morgan County, West Virginia (April 10)
Jenkins County, Georgia (April 13)
Charleston, South Carolina (May 10)
Sylvester, Georgia (May 10)
New London, Connecticut (May 29)
Putnam County, Georgia (May 27–29)
Monticello, Mississippi (May 31)
Memphis, Tennessee (June 13)
New London, Connecticut (June 13)
Annapolis, Maryland (June 27)
Macon, Mississippi (June 27)
Bisbee, Arizona (July 3)
Dublin, Georgia (July 6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (July 7)
Coatesville, Pennsylvania (July 😎
Tuscaloosa, Alabama (July 9)
Longview, Texas (July 10-12)
Garfield Park riot of 1919 (July 14)
Port Arthur, Texas (July 15)
Washington, D.C. (July 19-24)
Norfolk, Virginia (July 21)
New Orleans, Louisiana (July 23)
Darby, Pennsylvania (July 23)
Hobson City, Alabama (July 26)
Chicago, Illinois (July 27 Aug 3)
Newberry, South Carolina (July 28)
Bloomington, Illinois (July 31)
Syracuse, New York (July 31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (July 31)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi (August 4)
Texarkana, Texas riot of 1919 (August 6)
New York, New York (August 21)
Knoxville, Tennessee (August 30)
Ellenton, South Carolina (September 15–21)
Omaha, Nebraska (September 28–29)
Elaine, Arkansas (October 1–2)
Baltimore, Maryland (October 1–2)
Corbin, Kentucky (October 31, 1919)
1919 – Annapolis riot of 1919, June 27, Annapolis, Maryland
1919 – Boston Police Strike, September 9 – 11, Boston, Massachusetts
1919 – Steel Strike of 1919, September 22 – January 8 Pennsylvania
1919 – Centralia Massacre, November 11, Centralia, Washington
1920–1929 Edit
1920 – Battle of Matewan, May 20, Matewan, West Virginia
1920 – Ocoee massacre, November 2–3, Ocoee, Florida
1921 – Tulsa Race Massacre, May 31 – June 1, Tulsa, Oklahoma
1921 – Battle of Blair Mountain, August–September, Logan County, West Virginia
1922 – Herrin Massacre, June 21–22, Herrin, Illinois
1922 – Straw Hat Riot, September 13–15, New York City, New York
1922 – Perry race riot, December 14–15, Perry, Florida
1923 – Rosewood Massacre, January 1–7, Rosewood, Florida
1925 – Ossian Sweet incident, September, Detroit, Michigan
1927 – Poughkeepsie, New York[further explanation needed] Blacks were targeted, but rioters also attacked Greeks, Puerto Ricans and Chinese in the community where Blacks lived.
1927 – Yakima Valley Anti-Filipino Riot, November 8-11, Yakima Valley
1927 – Columbine Mine Massacre, November 21, Serene, Colorado
1929 – Loray Mill strike, Gastonia, North Carolina
1930–1939 Edit
1930 – Watsonville Riots, January 19–23, Watsonville, California
1931 – Battle of Evarts, May 5, Harlan County, Kentucky
1931 – The Housing Protests, August 3, Chicago, Illinois
1931 – Hawaii Riot, Hawaii
1932 – Bonus Army March, Spring/Summer 1932, Washington, D.C.
1932 – Ford Hunger March, March 7, 3,000 unemployed workers march on Ford Motors, five are killed, River Rouge plant, Dearborn, Michigan
1934 – Minneapolis Teamsters Strike of 1934, Minneapolis, Minnesota
1934 – Auto-Lite strike, April 4 – June 3, the "Battle of Toledo" riot, Toledo, Ohio
1934 – 1934 West Coast Longshore Strike, May 9 – October 12, San Francisco Bay Area, California; Portland, Oregon; Seattle, Washington
1934 – Textile workers strike (1934)
1934 – Detroit World Series riot, Oct. 10, Detroit, Michigan {Source: Detroit Free Press' The Detroit Almanac, 2001.}
1935 – Harlem Riot, March 19–20, New York City
1935 – Southern Tenant Farmers' Union Riot, Arkansas
1935 – Terre Haute General Strike, July 22–23, A labor dispute between an enameling company and a labor union led to a two-day general strike. Indiana National Guard was called out and martial law was declared by the Governor. The city was under a state of martial law for six months. It was the third general strike in U.S. History. Terre Haute, Indiana
1937 – Flint Sit-Down Strike, General Motors' Fisher Body Plant, Flint, Michigan
1937 – Battle of the Overpass, May 26, Dearborn, Michigan {Source: Detroit Free Press' The Detroit Almanac, 2001.}
1937 – Republic Steel Strike, May 30, Chicago, Illinois
1939 – U.S. Nazi Riot, New York City
1940–1949 Edit
1942 – Sojourner Truth Homes Riot, February 28, Detroit, Michigan
1943 – Beaumont race riot of 1943, June, Beaumont, Texas
1943 – Zoot Suit Riots, July 3, Los Angeles, California (anti-Hispanic and anti-zoot suit)
1943 – Detroit race riot of 1943, June 20–21, Detroit, Michigan
1943 – Harlem riot of 1943, August 1–3, New York City, New York
1946 – Columbia race riot of 1946, February 25–26, Columbia, Tennessee
1946 – Battle of Athens (1946), August, revolt by citizens against corrupt local government, McMinn County, Tennessee
1946 – Airport Homes race riots, Chicago, Illinois
1947 – Fernwood Park race riot, mid-August, Fernwood, Chicago, IL
1949 – Fairground Park riot, June 21, St. Louis Missouri
1949 – Anacostia Pool Riot, June 29, Anacostia, Washington, D.C.
1949 – Peekskill riots, Peekskill, New York
1949 – Englewood race riot, November 8–12, Englewood, Chicago, IL
1950–1959 Edit
1950 – San Juan Nationalist revolt, Utuado Uprising, Jayuya Uprising, Oct. 30, Various uprisings against United States Government rule during the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party Revolts of the 1950s in Puerto Rico
1951 – Cicero race riot of 1951, July 12, Cicero, Illinois
1956 – Mansfield School Integration Incident 400 pro-segregationists brandishing weapons and racist signage prevent 12 black children from entering Mansfield High School Mansfield, TX
1958 – Battle of Hayes Pond, January 18, Maxton, North Carolina, Armed confrontation between members of the NC Lumbee tribe and the KKK.
1959 – Harriett-Henderson Cotton Mills Strike Henderson, North Carolina
1960–1969 Edit
1960 – HUAC riot, May 13, Students protest House Un-American Activities Committee hearings, 12 injured, 64 arrested, San Francisco, California
1960 – Newport Jazz Festival Riot, July 2, Newport, Rhode Island
1960 – El Cajon Boulevard Riot, August 20, San Diego, California
1960 – Ax Handle Saturday, August 27, Jacksonville, Florida
1962 – Ole Miss riot 1962, September 3–October 1, The University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
1963 – Birmingham riot of 1963, May 11, Birmingham, Alabama
1963 – Cambridge riot 1963, June 14, Cambridge, Maryland
1964 - Chester School Protests, April 2-26, Chester, Pennsylvania
1964 – the July 16 killing of James Powell by police in the Yorkville neighborhood just south of East Harlem precipitates a string of race riots in July and August, including:
1964 – Harlem Riot of 1964, July 16–22, New York City
1964 – Rochester 1964 race riot, July 24–25, Rochester, New York
1964 – Jersey City Riot, August 3–5, A disorderly conduct arrest set off accusations of police brutality and were followed by protests and riots[3]. At least two residents were shot and several police and rioters were injured[4], Jersey City, NJ
1964 – Dixmoor race riot, August 15–17, Dixmoor, Illinois
1964 – Philadelphia 1964 race riot, August 28–30, Philadelphia
1965 – Selma to Montgomery marches, March 7–25, Alabama
1965 – Watts riots, August 11–17, Los Angeles, California
1966 – Division Street riots, June 12–14, Humboldt Park, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Omaha riot of 1966, July 2, Omaha, Nebraska
1966 – 1966 Chicago West-Side riots, July 12–15, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Hough riots, July 18–24, Cleveland, Ohio
1966 – Marquette Park housing march, August 5, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Waukegan riot, August 27, Waukegan, Illinois
1966 – Benton Harbor riots, August 30–September 4, Benton Harbor, Michigan
1966 – Summerhill and Vine City Riots, September 6–8 Atlanta, Georgia
1966 – Hunters Point social uprising, September 27–October 1 San Francisco, California
1966 – Sunset Strip curfew riots, November 12, various other flareups, basis for the song "For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield song)", West Hollywood, California
1967 – Long Hot Summer of 1967 refers to a year in which 159 race riots, almost all African-American, erupted across the United States, including:
1967 – Avondale riots, June 12–15, Cincinnati, Ohio
1967 – Buffalo riot of 1967, June 27, Buffalo, New York
1967 – 1967 Newark riots, July 12–17, Newark, New Jersey
1967 – 1967 Plainfield riots, July 14–21, Plainfield, New Jersey
1967 – Cairo riot, July 17, Cairo, Illinois
1967 – 1967 Detroit riot, July 23–29, Detroit, Michigan
1967 – Cambridge riot of 1967, July 24, a.k.a. the H. Rap Brown riot, Cambridge, Maryland
1967 – 1967 Saginaw riot, July 26, Saginaw, Michigan
1967 – Milwaukee riot, July 30, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1968 – Orangeburg Massacre, S.C. State Univ., February 8, Orangeburg, South Carolina
1968 – Memphis Sanitation Strike riot, March 28, Memphis, Tennessee
1968 – Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., April 4, Memphis, Tennessee, precipitates all April 4–14 riots, including:
1968 – 1968 Detroit riot, April 4–5, Detroit, Michigan
1968 – 1968 New York City riots, April 4–5, New York City, New York
1968 – 1968 Washington, D.C. riots, April 4–8, Washington, D.C.
1968 – 1968 Chicago riots, West Side Riots, April 5–7, Chicago, Illinois
1968 – 1968 Pittsburgh riots, April 5–11, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1968 – Baltimore riot of 1968, April 6–14, Baltimore, Maryland
1968 – Avondale riot of 1968, April 8, Cincinnati, Ohio
1968 – 1968 Kansas City riot, April 9, Kansas City, Missouri
1968 – Wilmington Riot of 1968, April 9–10, Wilmington, Delaware
1968 – Trenton Riot of 1968, April 9–11, Trenton, New Jersey
1968 – Columbia University protests of 1968, April 23, New York City, New York
1968 – Louisville riots of 1968, May 27, Louisville, Kentucky
1968 – Akron riot, July 17–23, Akron, Ohio
1968 – Glenville Shootout, July 23–28, Cleveland, Ohio
1968 – 1968 Miami riot, August 7–8, Miami, Florida
1968 – 1968 Democratic National Convention protests, including the police riots of August 27–28, Chicago, Illinois
1969 – Zip to Zap riot, May 9–11, Zap, North Dakota
1969 – People's Park Riots, May, Berkeley, California
1969 – 1969 Greensboro uprising, May 21–25, Greensboro, North Carolina
1969 – Cairo disorders, May–December, Cairo, Illinois
1969 – Stonewall riots, June 28–July 2, New York City, New York
1969 – 1969 York Race Riot, July 17–24, York, Pennsylvania
1969 – Days of Rage, October 8–11, Weathermen riot in Chicago, Illinois
1970–1979 Edit
1970 – San Francisco Police Department Park Station bombing, February 16, San Francisco, CA
1970 – University of Puerto Rico riot, March 4–11, at least one killed, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
1970 – Student strike of 1970, May 1970
1970 – Kent State riots/shootings, May 1970, four killed, Kent, Ohio
1970 – New Haven Green Disorders, Yale University, May 1970, New Haven, Connecticut
1970 – Augusta Riot, May 11–13, Augusta, Georgia
1970 – Hard Hat Riot, Wall Street, May 8, New York City
1970 – Jackson State killings, May 14–15, two killed, Jackson, Mississippi
1970 – 1970 Asbury Park race riots, July 4-10, Asbury Park, New Jersey
1970 – 1970 Memorial Park riot, August 24–27, Royal Oak, Michigan
1970 – Sterling Hall bombing, Univ. of Wisc., August 24, one killed, Madison, Wisconsin
1970 – Chicano Moratorium riot, August 29, Los Angeles, California
1971 – Wilmington riot 1971, February 9, Wilmington, North Carolina
1971 – May Day protests 1971, May 3, Washington, D.C.
1971 – Camden riots, August 1971, Camden, New Jersey
1971 – Attica Prison uprising, September 9–13, at least 39 killed, Attica, New York
1973 – Wounded Knee incident, February 27–May 8, Wounded Knee, South Dakota
1973 – Shooting of Clifford Glover Riot, April 23, Rioting broke out in South Jamaica, Queens after an undercover NYPD officer shot and killed a ten-year-old African-American youth. New York, New York
1974 – SLA Shootout, May 17, Los Angeles, California
1974 – Baltimore police strike, July, Baltimore, Maryland
1974 – Boston busing race riots anti-busing riots throughout Boston, Massachusetts
1975 – Livernois–Fenkell riot, July 1975, Detroit, Michigan
1976 – Escambia High School riots, February 5, Pensacola, Florida
1976 – Anti-busing riot in downtown Boston, April 5, Boston, Massachusetts
1976 – Marquette Park unrest, June–August, Chicago, Illinois
1977 – Humboldt Park riot, June 5–6, Chicago, Illinois
1977 – New York City Blackout riot 1977, July 13–14, New York City, New York
1978 - Fireman Strike Arson, July 2, 1978, Memphis, TN
1978 – Moody Park riot, May 5, 1978, Houston, Texas
1979 – Herman Hill riot, April 15, Wichita, Kansas
1979 – White Night riots, May 1979, San Francisco, California
1979 – Levittown Gas Riot, June 23 – 24, Thousands rioted in response to increased gasoline prices in the U.S., 198 arrested, 44 police and 200 rioters injured. Gas stations were damaged and cars set on fire, Levittown, Pennsylvania
1979 – Greensboro massacre, November 3, Greensboro, North Carolina
1980–1989 Edit
1980 – New Mexico State Penitentiary riot, February 2–3, Santa Fe, New Mexico
1980 – Miami riot 1980, May 17–19, Miami, Florida
1982 – Miami riot 1982, Dec. 28, A Miami policeman shoots a black video game player in an arcade. Riots breakout in the Overtown section of Miami. Miami, Florida
1986 – Marquette Park KKK rally, June 28, Chicago, Illinois
1988 – Tompkins Square Park riot, August 6–7, New York City
1988 – Cedar Grove, Shreveport, Louisiana
1989 – 1989 Miami riot, Jan. 16–18, Miami policeman kills a black motorcycle rider. Riots breakout in the Overtown section of the city. Miami, Florida
1990–1999 Edit
1991 – 1991 Washington, DC riot, Mount Pleasant riot, May 5–9, Washington, D.C.
1991 – Crown Heights riot, August 1991, Brooklyn, New York
1992 – L.A. Rodney King riots, April–May 1992, Los Angeles, California
1992 – West Las Vegas riots, April 29, Las Vegas, Nevada
1992 – 1992 Washington Heights riots, July 4–7, Manhattan, New York, Dominican community
1996 – St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, October 1996, St. Petersburg, Florida
1997 – North Hollywood shootout, February 1997, Los Angeles, California
1999 – Michigan State University student riot, April 1999, East Lansing, Michigan
1999 – Woodstock '99 music festival incident, July 1999, Rome, New York
1999 – WTO Meeting of 1999, "The Battle in Seattle", November 1999, Seattle, Washington

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
21st century Edit

2000–2009 Edit
2000 – Elián González affair, Miami, Florida
2000 – Brooks Brothers riot, Miami-Dade county, Florida
2000 – Puerto Rican Day Parade attacks, June 11, Central Park, New York City
2001 – Seattle Mardi Gras riot, February 27, 2001, Seattle, Washington
2001 – 2001 Cincinnati Riots, April 10–12, Cincinnati, Ohio
2003 – Benton Harbor riot, June 2003, Benton Harbor, Michigan
2003 – Miami FTAA Protests, November 2003, Miami, Florida
2004 – 2004 American League Championship Series, October 21, 1 dead, Boston, Massachusetts
2005 – Civil disturbances and military action in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, August – Sept., New Orleans, Louisiana
2005 – 2005 Toledo riot, October 15, Toledo, Ohio
2006 – San Bernardino punk riot, March 4, San Bernardino, California
2007 РThe Los Angeles May Day m̻l̩e, May 1, Los Angeles, California
2009 – Riots against BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant, January 7, 120 arrested, Oakland, California
2009 – Akron riots, March 14, 2009, 7 arrested; and July 2009, unknown number arrested, Akron, Ohio
2009 – 2009 G-20 Pittsburgh summit protests, Sept. 24–25, 193 arrested
2010–2019 Edit
2010 – Springfest riot, April 10, 200 police disperse crowd of 8,000 using tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, and bean bag rounds, near the campus of James Madison University; dozens injured. 30–35 arrested; Harrisonburg, Virginia.
2010 – Santa Cruz May Day riot, May 1, 250 rampage through downtown Santa Cruz attacking 18 businesses, causing an estimated $100,000 in damages. 1 arrested. Santa Cruz, California.
2010 – Oakland protest riot, November 5, Police made more than 150 arrests as a crowd broke windows and knocked down fences, protesting sentence of former BART officer in shooting of Oscar Grant on New Years Day 2009; see BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant. Oakland, California
2011 Madison Occupation. Portestors storm and occupy the Wisconson state capitol building for 18 days.
2011 – Occupy Wall Street (Brooklyn Bridge protests). Demonstrators blocked the bridge and more than 700 people were arrested. New York, New York
2011 – Occupy Oakland Oakland protests riots. October. Protesters shattered windows, set fires, and plastered buildings with graffiti. Riot police fired heavy amounts of tear gas on the protesters.
2012 – NATO 2012 Chicago Summit, May. Conflict between riot police and protesters. Dozens of demonstrators clubbed and arrested.
2012 – Anaheim police shooting and protests, July 28. Violence erupted after multiple shootings in the neighborhood by police that included unarmed Manuel Diaz. 24 people were arrested.
2013 – Flatbush Riots, March 11, Riots in Brooklyn, New York after the death of Kimani Gray who was shot and killed by NYPD.
2014 – Bundy Standoff, April 5–May, an armed confrontation between supporters of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy and law enforcement following a 21-year legal dispute in which the United States Bureau of Land Management (BLM) obtained court orders directing Bundy to pay over $1 million in withheld grazing fees for Bundy's use of federally-owned land adjacent to Bundy's ranch in southeastern Nevada.
2014 – Ferguson unrest, Ferguson and St. Louis, Missouri, August 10 and November 24. Following the shooting death of Michael Brown by a Ferguson police officer, protests erupt in the streets. Police respond with riot gear, tear gas, sound canons, police dogs, concussion grenades, rubber bullets, pepper balls, wooden bullets, beanbag rounds, tasers, pepper spray, and armored vehicles. Unrest occurred continuously for weeks in August, and sporadically through December, with nearly daily protests throughout the period and rioting following the non-indictment announcement on Nov 24. Unrest again occurred on the one year anniversary in August 2015, with dozens of arrests.
2014 – St. Louis, Missouri - October 8, police vehicle windows broken as rage at the killing of Vonderrit Myers Jr. Protests continued for days afterward, during the nearby and ongoing Ferguson Unrest.
2014 – New York, New York, and Berkeley, California – After prosecutors and a grand jury refused to indict a police officer in the death of Eric Garner, protests erupted in New York City and other cities.
2014 Oakland riots, November–December, A series of riots and civil disturbances that took place in Oakland and the surrounding area, in reaction to the events involving the Shooting of Michael Brown and later, the death of Eric Garner, Oakland, California
2014 – Berkeley, Missouri, December 23–24. Antonio Martin is shot to death by police in a St. Louis suburb nearby to Ferguson, leading to violent conflict with police, and looting.
2015 – 2015 Baltimore protests, April 25–28. Days of protests break out following the death of Freddie Gray while in police custody. 34 people are arrested and 15 Officers injured after rioting and looting break out. Gray's funeral was held on April 27 and followed by further protests and looting. Governor Hogan had preemptively activated the Maryland National Guard, while the Maryland State Police had activated at least 500 officers.
2015 – St. Louis, Missouri, August 19. Conflict with police following fatal shooting by St. Louis police officers of black teenager Mansur Ball-Bey leads to deployment of tear gas then burned car, buildings, and looting. Protests continue in subsequent days with tensions remaining high.
2016 – Occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, January–February 2016. 1 killed and several dozen arrested at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Oregon.
2016 – 2016 Donald Trump Chicago rally protest, March 11. Five people arrested and two police officers injured during a demonstration at the UIC Pavilion.
2016 – Democracy Spring rally in April. March to Washington D.C. and sit-ins lead to arrests.
2016 – 2016 Sacramento riot, June 26, A confrontation between white nationalists and left-wing counter protesters at the California State Capitol. Ten people were hospitalized for stabbing and laceration wounds.
2016 – Widespread protests erupt in response to two deaths at the hands of police, the Shooting of Alton Sterling and shooting of Philando Castile. At least 261 people were arrested in protests in New York City, Chicago, St. Paul, Baton Rouge, and other cities.
2016 – 2016 Milwaukee riots, Sherman Park, August 13–15. Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
2016 – 2016 Charlotte riot, September 20–21, Protests and riots break out in response to the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott by a Charlotte police officer.
2016 – Dakota Access Pipeline protests, 411 protesters arrested. Multiple skirmishes with police, with vehicles, hay bales, and tires set on fire.
2016 – Anti-Trump protests, November 9–27. As a result of Donald Trump elected as 45th President of the U.S., thousands protested across twenty-five American cities, and unrest broke out in downtown Oakland, California, and Portland, Oregon. In Oakland, over 40 fires started and police officers were injured.
2017 – Berkeley, California, February 1, civil unrest ensued at UC Berkeley as Milo Yiannopoulos was scheduled to speak on the campus.[5][6]
2017 – 2017 Anaheim, California protests, February 21, protesters demonstrate after police officer grabs boy and fires his gun. Protesters damage property and throw bottles and rocks at police.
2017 – May Day, violence breaks out at May Day protests in Olympia, and Portland, as masked anarchists damage property and clash with police.
2017 – 2017 Unite the Right rally, Charlottesville, Virginia, August 11–12. At a Unite the Right rally of white nationalists and white supremacists opposing the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, rally attendees and counter-protesters clashed, sometimes violently. A woman, Heather Heyer, was killed and 19 other injured when a rally attendee drove his car into a crowd of counter-protestors. Two law enforcement officers also died in a helicopter crash while monitoring the event.
2017 – 2017 St. Louis protests, beginning September 15, large protests erupted when police officer Jason Stockley was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Anthony Lamar Smith on December 20, 2011. Some of the protests turned destructive and the police became violent. Windows were broken at Mayor Lyda Krewson's house and in the Central West End business district on the first night, many windows were broken in the Delmar Loop on Sept 16, a few were broken downtown on Sept 17 after police drove swiftly through a crowd following a peaceful march. Police conducted a kettling mass arrest operation of nonviolent protesters and bystanders, beating and pepper spraying many, including journalists, documentary filmmakers, and an undercover officer. Protests and sporadic unrest continued daily for weeks.
2019 – Memphis riot, June 13, following the fatal shooting of Brandon Webber by U.S. Marshals, Memphis, TN.
2020–2029 Edit
2020 – New York City FTP protests, Jan 31, Anti-Transit Police and MTA protest resulting in hundreds of arrests over the three separate days of demonstration. Vandalism and violence on train stations was reported.
2020 - George Floyd protests, started on May 27 in Minneapolis, Minnesota after the killing of George Floyd. He was killed in Minneapolis by a police officer who was immediately fired and is facing murder charges. The riots soon spread to many cities across the nation. Thus far, thousands have been arrested, and injured. Millions of dollars of property have been destroyed or looted. The National Guard has been called out to some cities, as many police stations have been abandoned and burned by the rioters. Currently, riots are still occurring in places. The riots and the killing of George Floyd have garnered international condemnation.[7]

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Except Antifa is an organization that receives orders and funding from somebody.

They are not an organic grassroots group seeking social justice.

They have been committing domestic terrorism for over a decade.

Looters and anarchists should be shot.

The alternative is where we are now, they keep using violence and the threat of violence to get what they want. It's extortion.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Spontaneous, peaceful, grassroots protests don't have pallets of bricks strategically located on convenient street corners. They also don't have bicycle couriers directing the protesters to places where the police aren't, so they can perpetrate more destruction without the inconvenienece of a police presence.

Andiron

• friend
Except Antifa is an organization that receives orders and funding from somebody.

They are not an organic grassroots group seeking social justice.

They have been committing domestic terrorism for over a decade.

Looters and anarchists should be shot.

The alternative is where we are now, they keep using violence and the threat of violence to get what they want. It's extortion.

This.

There are effectively no consequences for fomenting rebellion and trashing a city.  Any sane government would draw a line and shoot the aholes that crossed it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.