Author Topic: It's about darn time: Antifa to be designated a "terrorist organization".  (Read 7269 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Redhawk, it sounds like you think an Islamic terror cell shouldn't be designated a terror cell, because people have a right to believe in Islam. I just don't think that's how it works.
The difference is that the more apt comparison would be declaring Islam a terrorist organization instead of going after specific cells intending to do harm in the name of Islam. There's a difference

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Antifa has claimed they have a presence in many countries.

I thought they started in Europe.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The difference is that the more apt comparison would be declaring Islam a terrorist organization instead of going after specific cells intending to do harm in the name of Islam.

How so?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
It came to me what really bothers me.

There's a war going on for your mind.

Designating an ideology as illegal opens the door to thoughtcrime.

Democrats do this with firearms ownership.  Republicans do this through BigState reactions to criminal actions.  But they both do it.  They think they can control my thoughts.  They think they have license to do so.

I refuse to grant that license.

I reserve all manner of right to any and all thoughts.  To explore all ideologies for merit or lack of merit.  To freely associate with anyone I wish, free from criminal allegation for mere association.

I don't see anyone trying to forbid your thoughts, nor do I see how they'd do it.

DON'T THINK OF PINK ELEPHANTS!!!!

I bet you just thought of a pink elephant. >:D

No one knows what you're thinking.

If you don't riot, pillage,  and overturn police vehicles the authorities probably are not worried about you.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
If you don't riot, pillage,  and overturn police vehicles the authorities probably are not worried about you.

Well, unless you're current or former military, an NRA member, or a number of other associations that fall into the "likely to be domestic terrorists" label used by a number of politicians and even Federal LE agencies.

I recall a thread here maybe a couple of years back linking to a fed LE report that pretty much labeled every member here sympathetic to domestic terrorists (e.g., "militias") based on our associations and/or hobbies.

If they just stuck to "riot and pillage" it might be okay, but they don't, and all it takes is the right (or more accurately, wrong) politician(s) in positions of power to make beliefs and associations "terrorism".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
Well, unless you're current or former military, an NRA member, or a number of other associations that fall into the "likely to be domestic terrorists" label used by a number of politicians and even Federal LE agencies.

I recall a thread here maybe a couple of years back linking to a fed LE report that pretty much labeled every member here sympathetic to domestic terrorists (e.g., "militias") based on our associations and/or hobbies.

If they just stuck to "riot and pillage" it might be okay, but they don't, and all it takes is the right (or more accurately, wrong) politician(s) in positions of power to make beliefs and associations "terrorism".

OK,   point made.

Let me rephrase: If you're not rioting, pillaging and overturning police vehicles the authorities shouldn't open up on you with  Chainguns and flamethrowers .... :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

JN01

• friend

If you do riot, pillage, and overturn police vehicles the authorities don't seem to be all that interested either.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
OK,   point made.

Let me rephrase: If you're not rioting, pillaging and overturning police vehicles the authorities shouldn't open up on you with  Chainguns and flamethrowers .... :O

And if the authorities, or private citizens protecting themselves and their property DID open up with chainguns and flamethrowers, with no repercussions*, we likely wouldn't be discussing needing to make the antifa cowards a terrorist organization, because they'd be too afraid to loot in the first place.

Much of this violence happens because there are few or no repercussions. The authorities (and counter-protestors) are more likely to take violent action against KKK members doing nothing but holding signs. While the KKK is reprehensible, if they're being non-violent, ignore them. Antifa and others actually harming people are somehow given passes, and people who defend themselves against them are more likely to be jailed than the antifa members. Hit a KKK member just holding a sign, and you're given a medal. Defend yourself against an antifa goon trying to bash your head in with a bike lock, and prepare to be arrested in many jurisdictions.

*Hyperbole, yes, but more realistically, two to COM or a load of buckshot should be perfectly valid forms of defense.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
And if the authorities, or private citizens protecting themselves and their property DID open up with chainguns and flamethrowers, with no repercussions*, we likely wouldn't be discussing needing to make the antifa cowards a terrorist organization, because they'd be too afraid to loot in the first place.

Much of this violence happens because there are few or no repercussions. The authorities (and counter-protestors) are more likely to take violent action against KKK members doing nothing but holding signs. While the KKK is reprehensible, if they're being non-violent, ignore them. Antifa and others actually harming people are somehow given passes, and people who defend themselves against them are more likely to be jailed than the antifa members. Hit a KKK member just holding a sign, and you're given a medal. Defend yourself against an antifa goon trying to bash your head in with a bike lock, and prepare to be arrested in many jurisdictions.

*Hyperbole, yes, but more realistically, two to COM or a load of buckshot should be perfectly valid forms of defense.
Agreed.  I think that is the biggest issue.  The rioters are given a pass and called peaceful when they are anything but peaceful.  People defending themselves are treated as murderers. 

These people are acting like a bunch of adult toddlers on a temper tantrum.  The worst thing you can do is indulge them.  The best thing to do is show them actions have consequences. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Agreed.  I think that is the biggest issue.  The rioters are given a pass and called peaceful when they are anything but peaceful.  People defending themselves are treated as murderers. 

These people are acting like a bunch of adult toddlers on a temper tantrum.  The worst thing you can do is indulge them.  The best thing to do is show them actions have consequences. 

The politicians allow it because they are owned by the same people; antifa is bought and paid for by benefactors to provide the popular fear required so their bought and paid for politicians can ram/sneak through their bad legislation that further enriches or empowers said benefactors.

Hawkmoon

• friend
OK,   point made.

So AR-15s and shotguns are okay, then?

Good to know ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends

Firefly/Serenity's "Miranda" comes to mind.

You can't MAKE people better (whatever metric defines "better").  But they're trying.  They're trying ever so hard, via thought-policing.  Kid gloves when punishing commie agitators, steel fist when dealing with those arrested for rightful self defense against rioters and arsonists.

Increased gun ban legislation every time there's a shooting, rather than punishing the criminal.  Keep on "socializing the loss." 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

You can't MAKE people better (whatever metric defines "better").  But they're trying.  They're trying ever so hard, via thought-policing.  Kid gloves when punishing commie agitators, steel fist when dealing with those arrested for rightful self defense against rioters and arsonists.

Increased gun ban legislation every time there's a shooting, rather than punishing the criminal.  Keep on "socializing the loss." 

Speaking of...

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/06/03/what-the-actual-f-missouri-ag-says-local-prosecutor-released-back-onto-the-streets-every-person-arrested-for-rioting-and-looting-in-st-louis/

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend

And typical of communists is they don't understand human nature at all which means they have no idea what makes better people and they fail when they try. 

I am not sure if they understand power either, but they understand that better than human nature. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend

No disagreement there at all .    ;)

TommyGunn

• friend
So AR-15s and shotguns are okay, then?

Good to know ...

The Chaingun and flamethrower was sarcasm. 

Shotties  are OK  but my preference would be the AR-15.

Or nuking them from orbit. >:D  ...............

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

TommyGunn

• friend
Project Veritas:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/06/04/our-revolution-cannot-be-stopped-project-veritas-infiltrates-antifa-exposing-the-terrorist-movement-and-holy-crap-watch/

They're a bunch of arrogant narcissistic thugs right now,  but if/when they get better organized,  they could be serious trouble.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
From the video, they look pretty well organized right now.  How much more organized do they need to be?  Aren't they causing serious trouble right now?
Spoke with my father two days ago.  He says they're trashing Portland, that it's not safe in many parts of the city.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
From the video, they look pretty well organized right now.  How much more organized do they need to be?  Aren't they causing serious trouble right now?
Spoke with my father two days ago.  He says they're trashing Portland, that it's not safe in many parts of the city.

While many of the Anti-First-Amendment people are laughable basement dwellers, not all of them are.

It doesn't take a lot of competent people to make use of the useful idiots/cannon fodder.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought