Author Topic: Covid Anecdote  (Read 2581 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Covid Anecdote
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »
My state mandated masks in public so I wear one even though I (and the WHO) don't think it makes a big difference.  What really bothers me is the inconsistency in policy and enforcement.  In his daily updates I've seen my governor wear a mask, but only lately and only around his neck.  This is in a press conference setting where there are other people, and a sign language translator standing near him.

Although he also set a 10 person max for gatherings, about the protesters he said “I hear you,” and that he pledges to stand with them.  No mention of the 10 people rule or mask enforcement for them.

Regardless of the effectiveness of the masks and max people rules, I think the selective enforcement and lack of example turn it in to a farce.

Dude, our governor doesn't believe in covering his face unless it's with black paint. People might not recognize him when he takes selfies with his adoring public... at the beach... which he closed... two days before giving the mask order.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 11:54:09 PM »
So your mask is an Andromeda Strain(er)?
   =D  That was .... cute.    Ha ha.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

griz

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 06:47:16 AM »
Dude, our governor doesn't believe in covering his face unless it's with black paint. People might not recognize him when he takes selfies with his adoring public... at the beach... which he closed... two days before giving the mask order.  ;/

Bless his heart, he's just a victim of the disease that afflicts so many politicians.  The irony virus must infect them as soon as they're sworn in, and they don't even know the laws and orders they make apply to themselves.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2020, 09:26:40 PM »
One good thing about forcing people to wear masks is that many are finding out how bad their breath stinks.

<ahem> And you discovered this how?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2020, 09:49:40 PM »
<ahem> And you discovered this how?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes