Author Topic: TikTok Secretly Spying On Millions Of iPhone Users!  (Read 1093 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: TikTok Secretly Spying On Millions Of iPhone Users!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 06:10:53 AM »
Secretly?  Suddenly?

I think those words do not mean what Apple thinks they mean.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:48:44 AM »
More like they're suddenly trying to figure out how it got out and how to spin it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 09:10:31 AM »
More like they're suddenly trying to figure out how it got out and how to spin it.
The idea that TikTok was spying on phones was out almost as soon as TikTok was created.  I think Apple is concerned about Trump's recent executive order and the consequences of helping China spy on their users. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 09:18:10 AM »
The idea that TikTok was spying on phones was out almost as soon as TikTok was created.  I think Apple is concerned about Trump's recent executive order and the consequences of helping China spy on their users. 

I'm on the verge of just describing big tech as "disgusting". They let themselves be run by their commie workforce, who tells them they're not allowed to partner with the US government and military because of how evil the US is, but then partnering with China and Chinese companies, where pretty much every entity is linked to Chinese government intelligence, is just hunky dory.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 09:25:20 AM »
Apple Suddenly Catches TikTok Secretly Spying On Millions Of iPhone Users!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/06/26/warning-apple-suddenly-catches-tiktok-secretly-spying-on-millions-of-iphone-users/

Apple is just pissed that TikTok is doing it better than they are.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Since we KNOW the ChiComs are spying through TikTok, perhaps we can feed them some disinformation?  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 04:48:38 PM »
The idea that TikTok was spying on phones was out almost as soon as TikTok was created.  I think Apple is concerned about Trump's recent executive order and the consequences of helping China spy on their users.  

A rather large % of Apple product users live in a universe of blissful unawareness. When something like this actually does manage to get through to them they can be quite panicky  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:07:44 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 07:13:20 PM »
Since we KNOW the ChiComs are spying through TikTok, perhaps we can feed them some disinformation?  >:D

Haven't we already led the ChiComs to believe America is simply overrun with ghosts?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 08:40:55 PM »
I think the two words that best describe this would now  "no *expletive deleted*it?"

Who saw that coming?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »
Last time I was on a Zoom meeting, I waved and said "I just wanted to say "Hi" to the Chinese government."

But nobody but me laughed.  =(
I promise not to duck.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 11:19:42 AM »
Last time I was on a Zoom meeting, I waved and said "I just wanted to say "Hi" to the Chinese government."

But nobody but me laughed.  =(

And every one of the other folks in the meeting had a car ever so slightly above their means, a house ever so slightly above their means, kids in private schools or foreign schools, and classy shoes a little bit above their means.  And a boat.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.