Author Topic: Auto Knives?  (Read 1972 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Auto Knives?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 09:26:56 AM »
Last fall, I moved from Ohio, where it is illegal to carry a knife as a weapon, to Tennessee, where knives are not restricted at all.

I still don't really view my knives as weapons, that is what guns are for.  I would have to be an absolute last resort to use a blade.

However, I carry and use a knife every day as a tool.  Never really thought about switchblades before as they were never really an option.  After relocating about 10 miles from Smoky Mountain Knife Works, I was able to handle a bunch and reconsider.  I ended up buying a double action front opener (Microtech Ultratech).  If you are holding something with one hand, they are very easy to open with the other hand without having to shift your grip.
I think the front opening knives are some of the safest knives to use simply because you can deploy it, use it, and put away the blade all with one hand.  You don't need two hands to put it away or fold it up.  I have one of the Ganzo folding auto-knives, but I am not comfortable with that design.

I have a few cheaper auto knives they sell at gun shows locally.  They are spring loaded to open and close with a switch.  I like them, but they have a lot of edges and such to make them uncomfortable.  I haven't made up my mind to buy a more expensive one.  I saw one with an HK label made by Hogue that looked really good, but didn't buy it.  It was all smooth edges and low profile belt clip.  Looked like it would be comfortable to carry. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Auto Knives?
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »
I have a big ol Benchmade Adamas.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!