Author Topic: John Fetterman  (Read 11504 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: John Fetterman
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2023, 09:06:22 AM »
Unanimous at that. Kudos to the dem side for making that happen. We were on our way to all of them dressing like the presidential administration in Idiocracy.

Meanwhile they've got the idiot part still going strong which is the real issue in all of this
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2023, 09:17:22 AM »
I come down hard in the relieved camp.

I have no illusions that our legislators would be improving things if they were focused on more important issues.  At least with dress codes they can't really screw anything significant up.

As the Elder APS Sage once opined:

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populous like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2023, 08:40:35 AM »

John Fetterman scrubs up well in a suit and flashes a smile after Senate REVERSED decision to dumb-down dress code
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12573483/John-Fetterman-scrubs-suit-flashes-smile-Senate-REVERSED-decision-dumb-dress-code.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2023, 09:39:48 AM »
^^^^^

John Fetterman scrubs up well in a suit and flashes a smile after Senate REVERSED decision to dumb-down dress code
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12573483/John-Fetterman-scrubs-suit-flashes-smile-Senate-REVERSED-decision-dumb-dress-code.html
Nice shoes.

Is that a clip on tie or did someone help him with it?

Seriously, his apparel in this image IS a GREAT IMPROVEMENT over his more recent attire - it's suitable (ha!) for the Senate and is actually respectable.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2023, 09:40:45 AM »
^^^^^Nice shoes.

I noticed  :rofl:

But it is somewhat common for people to wear sneakers outdoors and then switch to nicer shoes once they're in the office. That said in his case I doubt it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2023, 09:50:59 AM »
Apparantly he's got jokes:

https://x.com/krassenstein/status/1707451491097657848?s=20

John Fetterman just left this 30-pack of Bud Light in front of House Oversight Chairman James Comer's office door in Congress:

He then posted this:

"This morning, I directed my staff to deliver a gift to congratulate and salute Representative Comer and his Team America squad as they embark on their historic impeachment journey."

The sign on the beer says "To: Rep. Comer & his squad.  A profile in courage can make a guy thirsty. Congratulations, This Bud's for you.  Hugs & Kisses: John Fetterman"

That's actually kinda funny.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2023, 10:55:14 AM »
Colleagues Compliment John Fetterman On His Excellent Frankenstein Costume
https://babylonbee.com/news/fellow-senators-compliment-john-fetterman-on-his-excellent-frankenstein-costume
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2024, 04:25:39 PM »
Fetterman's wife has pulled back from social media and allegedly scrubbed any photos in which she appears together with her husband. This is presumably a response to blowback from the Senator's stances on Israel, and on the US border.

The rumor mill is now claiming the two have separated. I assume this is probably coming from a certain kind of female left-winger. That is, I think there are women who look up to Gisele Fetterman as a feminist and/or immigrant hero, and therefore she would not tolerate her man having such abhorrent views as "the U.S. has a border," or "you shouldn't rape or murder people, even if they are Jews."

Time will tell.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2024, 06:11:59 PM »
I was not aware that his camera shy wife was an immigrant. Anyway, interesting timing with this and how suddenly John Fetterman is saying sensible stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2024, 06:28:35 PM »
Yeah it's only January and the hero we didn't know we needed is making more sense than the Kentucky glitch turtle. Going to be a long wild year.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2024, 07:50:54 PM »
Kentucky glitch turtle.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife