Main Forums > Politics

Portland ...

<< < (109/110) > >>

WLJ:

--- Quote from: RoadKingLarry on August 09, 2023, 04:05:00 PM ---How the hell did that not result if a mistrial?
How is that not jury intimidation?

--- End quote ---

They know where the judge lives

Pb:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on August 03, 2023, 12:51:25 PM ---It is also many liberals that love policies (environmental, housing "standards", and permitting) that make is harder to build and maintain housing, especially cheap housing.  Rich liberals love to say "not in my backyard" over in California where there is limited land available to build anything.

--- End quote ---

I don't think anyone that owns a single family dwelling wants to zone apartments near where they live.  At least, I know Arfcom erupts in rage at the idea.

cordex:

--- Quote from: Pb on August 10, 2023, 09:50:49 AM ---I don't think anyone that owns a single family dwelling wants to zone apartments near where they live.  At least, I know Arfcom erupts in rage at the idea.
--- End quote ---
Yeah, NIMBY is real for apartments, and for kind of understandable reasons.  An empty field was converted into apartments 200 yards or so from my old house and crime spiked immediately and dramatically.  In a normal market it would also have depressed the value of our house, but we didn't sell in a normal market.

Subdivisions are looked at the exact same way in the rural area I live in now, and for largely the same reasons.

WLJ:
Remember Jo Ann "defund the police" Hardesty? Well she just got a big payout from the police over a lawsuit where she was seeking $5 mil

Portland police to pay nearly $700,000 to former official who pushed to defund department
https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-police-pay-nearly-700000-former-official-pushed-defund-department

WLJ:
More fun in Portland

--- Quote ---Portland, Oregon, is grappling with a cluster of a highly infectious illness that spreads through fecal matter and puts the city’s large homeless population at high risk, according to health officials.

"While we are currently seeing an increase in Shigella cases in the Portland metro area, the risk to the broader public remains low at this time and there are no measures for most folks to take at this time. The best thing we can all do to prevent both respiratory viral illness and diarrheal illness is to keep practicing good hand hygiene," Multnomah County Deputy Health Officer Teresa Everson said in a comment to Fox News Digital.
--- End quote ---

Good luck with the hygiene part 

--- Quote ---The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) describes Shigella as bacteria found in fecal matter that can infect someone if ingested. The illness can cause people to experience bloody and prolonged diarrhea, fever, stomach pain, and "feeling the need to pass stool (poop) even when the bowels are empty."
--- End quote ---
Considering many of these people poop in the street I can only imagine what it's like there  [barf]

Portland health officials report waste-borne illness rampant among city's homeless
https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-health-officials-report-waste-borne-illness-rampant-among-citys-homeless

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version