Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58481 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2021, 10:12:42 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2021, 10:16:41 PM »
                         - Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #428 on: May 09, 2021, 09:53:59 AM »
Michael Bane posted this about it

MUST READ! THE NEW SELF-DEFENSE LANDSCAPE!

Here is the latest proof of what I've been writing and talking about. It's a scenario were modeled several times on THE BEST DEFENSE. What you're looking at is a classic Third World kidnapping/robbery/murder set-up ported over by the gew generation of politically sanctioned terrorists.

Let's look at how it works:

1. Suspect, unaware of the developing situation, drives into the Kill Zone and is forced to slow down or stop. In the Third World that trap might be road work, a false police stop or a "spontaneous" demonstration. Here the terrorists use a small demonstration that has moved from sidewalks into the streets to trap the prey.

2. "Blocker" cars immedially move in front of and behind the prey's car, preventing either escape or crashing through the trap. In the Third World typically the blocks will get as close to the prey's vehicle as possible to stop that vehicle from building up momentum to crash its way out of the trap.

3. Simultaneous with the blockers moving, armed terrorists move to confront the driver and/or passengers. In the Third World, if it's a hit, one of the armed terrorist, or more likely, a "designated shooter" with a separate exit vehicle, say, a motorcycle, will handle the killing.

4. If it's a shakedown or a kidnapping, it's still important to get the driver out of the car. In either case, the driver can be dealt with while the other members of the team either snatch the subject or loot the car.

5. What we have here is a variation on the shakedown theme. Yes, the car was robbed (of 2 guns), but the primary motivation was what we might call an "instructional beatdown." I have direct knowledge of one shakedown set-up during earlier antifa/blm riots, using stolen police roadblocks and blocker cars to rob people coming through the neighborhood.

I don't think this was an intended robbery. I think this was a TEST RUN (one of several in the last 3 or 4 weeks) to test police and public reaction to heavily armed demonstrators and, maybe more important, to gauge police/public reaction to the demonstrators pointing those guns at innocents.

I think they got the reactions they were hoping for. When the police interogated the VICTIM, they wanted to know what the VICTIM did to antagonize the "demonstrators."

One quick take-away (and I'll be dealing with this in a podcast probably week after next), I think it's important to assume that antifa/blm "demonstrators" WILL BE ARMED, or have ARMED AND TRAINED auxiliaries waiting in the wings.

Secondly, go back and read my piece on politically sanctioned violence (https://www.michaelbane.tv/the-very-real-danger-of-politically-sanctioned-violence/49985/). And think about this...in your self-defense training, how was an armed assailant presented to you? Is an armed assailant not the very definition od "lethal threat?"

And BTW, take all the stickers off your car or truck!!! We are well past the need and/or the advisability to signal tribal affiliation!

"The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize."
-- Vladimir Lenin

NUT GRAF: "As PJ Media reported there is video of Hall getting the stuffing beaten out of him by BLM and antifa “security” thugs who boxed in his vehicle and then surrounded him with their AR15s and AK-style weapons at him. His wasn’t the only car stopped by the militants at gunpoint. See the other video of the incident below."

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #429 on: May 09, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »
Sooner or later, someone is going to actively resist.

The media will LOVE that.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #430 on: May 09, 2021, 10:28:12 AM »
More Portland:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/08/im-done-im-done-working-in-portland-man-beaten-hospitalized-after-driving-through-protest-graphic-video/

From the videos and from my armchair, the guy made several mistakes after he turned onto the street (which was not a tactical mistake, it was a "could happen to anybody"* mistake) including drawing whatever that "weapon" that was not a gun was. I'm not sure what the best move would be though, given what would happen to anyone that would actually defend themselves, whether from getting the Reginald Denny treatment from the mob, or being railroaded by the Portland "justice system" for defending themselves.

*This goes back to what I've been saying since this all started. Sure, the prudent individual will try to avoid areas like this and not get into the situation in the first place. This though, is a prime example of how that's not always possible. This guy made a wrong turn, partially because his normal route was blocked. Any visitor to Portland not familiar with it could make the same mistake. It would not even be a big deal if the road blockers would let someone innocent go, but here, anyone in their domain is the enemy, and you can see the abuse laid on him in the videos. These people are psychopaths, supported by law enforcement (perhaps not street cops, but their bosses). There is no way to stop it anymore, except for a violent response by LE, or violent defense by innocent potential victims. Neither will be accepted by progressive politicians, the MSM, or big tech.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #431 on: May 09, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »
So... Do you think that 1/8" tubing is thick enough for a front grille/bumper guard?
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2021, 11:46:40 AM »
Michael Bane posted this about it

MUST READ! THE NEW SELF-DEFENSE LANDSCAPE!

Got a link for this?
                         - Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2021, 11:55:27 AM »
So... Do you think that 1/8" tubing is thick enough for a front grille/bumper guard?

I think every video I've seen with someone driving through a crowd ends with the police going to find them.  A grill guard is likely to make it worse when the cops show up at your house.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2021, 12:15:33 PM »
You're assuming that the cops would show up at my house. Around here, the cops don't roll for anything but "in progress." And then they take their time. Because the woke folks pounded into their pointy little heads that they were NOT welcome in our neighborhoods, and if they EVER had to resort to use of force they would be destroyed.

We're #1! 263 murders in  the core city of 319,000. Kids steal cars, or carjack the newer ones, to play GTA:STL on our streets. When it breaks, they steal another one.

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/government-politics-issues/2018-08-28/run-and-gun-north-broadway-becomes-the-prime-location-for-armed-cruising
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2021, 12:27:28 PM »
$20 bucks says they'd roll for  the "old white racist ran over POC freedom fighters and allies in pedo van with brush guard" call.

You're low risk for the kind of thing the woke folks beat them up over.  They'd take two or three days, have a couple press conferences while they "review the footage", and swing by in the evening.  Or leak your name as a person of interest and wait till you call them to save you from the crowd out front.

Time to adjust to the new use of force paradigm.  "Woke"  PD's or MORE likely to come for you instead of your neighbors.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2021, 02:39:32 PM »
Got a link for this?

It’s on his Facebook page
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #437 on: May 10, 2021, 12:35:19 AM »
$20 bucks says they'd roll for  the "old white racist ran over POC freedom fighters and allies in pedo van with brush guard" call.

Heh - a little while back, when the wokesters were still ramping up, a guy a few blocks from me had two youts try to carjack him out of his garage. He got both.

Grand jury no-billed inside of that afternoon.

The city administration and the police are NOT on the same page. Not even the chief.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #438 on: May 10, 2021, 08:33:36 AM »
Note the underlined. Bet I know which way they are encouraging people to vote

Federal prosecutors in Portland, Ore., have moved to dismiss almost half the cases they charged in connection with violence accompanying last year’s protests over racial injustice, as authorities grapple with how to tamp down politically motivated unrest that has arisen since then.

Of 96 cases the U.S. attorney’s office in Portland filed last year charging protesters with federal crimes, including assaulting federal officers, civil disorder, and failing to obey, prosecutors have dropped 47 of them, government documents show. Ten people have pleaded guilty to related charges and two were ordered detained pending trial. None have gone to trial.

The penalties levied so far against any federal defendants, most of whom were arrested in clashes around federal buildings in Portland including the courthouse, have largely consisted of community service, such as working in a food bank or encouraging people to vote.
ICYMI: Charges for Hundreds of Rioters Have Been Dropped
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/05/09/icymi-charges-for-hundreds-of-rioters-have-been-dropped-n2589157
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #439 on: May 10, 2021, 08:53:35 AM »
Note the underlined. Bet I know which way they are encouraging people to vote
ICYMI: Charges for Hundreds of Rioters Have Been Dropped
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/05/09/icymi-charges-for-hundreds-of-rioters-have-been-dropped-n2589157

Compare and contrast to 06JAN. Then tell me why I should trust my current government.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2021, 10:55:44 AM »
It looks to me like BLM/antifa are getting more organized and more heavily armed. I don't know if there are any groups with opposing viewpoints that are as organized. Except for the state-sanctioned police forces of course.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #441 on: May 10, 2021, 11:01:31 AM »
It looks to me like BLM/antifa are getting more organized and more heavily armed. I don't know if there are any groups with opposing viewpoints that are as organized. Except for the state-sanctioned police forces of course.

The state-sanctioned police forces are not on the opposing side, at least not in the major cities.  They're just standing aside and letting the mob do as they wish.
                         - Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #442 on: May 10, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
Is anyone out there going to train up a right-wing militia to counter these modern brownshirts?   
Or are they all afraid if being demonized by the media?

I have this nightmare scenario in my mind that a group of right-wing conservatives (NOT neo Nazi or skinhead/KKK types) form up and wind up being attacked by BLM/Antifa,  respond and prevail over them, only to find that the government now wants to persecute (I use that word deliberatly) them ..... forcing them to either acquiesce to the .....  "law" .... or to begin to consider it's minions an enemy as well. :facepalm:

And .... I really don't know where it'll go from there except it won't be good .... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2021, 11:22:08 AM »
Is anyone out there going to train up a right-wing militia to counter these modern brownshirts?   

I have this nightmare scenario in my mind that a group of right-wing conservatives (NOT neo Nazi or skinhead/KKK types) form up and wind up being attacked by BLM/Antifa,  respond and prevail over them, only to find that the government now wants to persecute (I use that word deliberatly) them ..... forcing them to either acquiesce to the .....  "law" .... or to begin to consider it's minions an enemy as well. :facepalm:

And .... I really don't know where it'll go from there except it won't be good .... :'(

Ask the proud boys about that.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2021, 11:22:49 AM »
Ask the proud boys about that.

Small potatoes ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2021, 11:32:55 AM »
The state-sanctioned police forces are not on the opposing side, at least not in the major cities.  They're just standing aside and letting the mob do as they wish.

These are my sentiments also.

I don't like the way the .fed is running things and I suspect any major change is going to require revolution rather than reform. I don't want blm/antifa leading that revolution though . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2021, 07:15:54 PM »

I don't like the way the .fed is running things and I suspect any major change is going to require revolution rather than reform. I don't want blm/antifa leading that revolution though . . .

Amen to that !!  [ar15]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2021, 07:28:48 PM »

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #448 on: May 26, 2021, 10:31:58 AM »
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »
Antifa rioters mistake generic Asian guy for Andy Ngo and chase and beat him. I thought the MSM was all about covering "Asian hate crimes"?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/31/denver-nuggets-peaceful-portland-hotel-stay-disrupted-when-antifa-activists-showed-up-to-keep-pummeling-man-they-believed-was-andy-ngo/