Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58461 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #450 on: May 31, 2021, 04:19:01 PM »

I have this nightmare scenario in my mind that a group of right-wing conservatives (NOT neo Nazi or skinhead/KKK types) form up and wind up being attacked by BLM/Antifa,  respond and prevail over them, only to find that the government now wants to persecute (I use that word deliberatly) them ..... forcing them to either acquiesce to the .....  "law" .... or to begin to consider it's minions an enemy as well. :facepalm:

Remember Kyle Ritterhouse?  That is exactly what happened to  him. 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #451 on: May 31, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Remember Kyle Ritterhouse?  That is exactly what happened to  him.

Yeeeup.   I was contemplating something on a larger scale,  but Rittenhouse is a good example.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #452 on: June 17, 2021, 08:30:47 PM »
Portland PD's rapid response team resigns:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-police-riot-team-resigns-officer-indicted-assault

All 50 of Portland police’s highly trained rapid response unit voted unanimously to resign on Wednesday during a union meeting in response to the recent indictment of Officer Corey Budworth for allegedly assaulting a photographer with his baton during as an overnight riot broke out last August.

"Unfortunately, this decorated public servant has been caught in the crossfire of agenda-driven city leaders and a politicized criminal justice system," the Portland Police Association said in an initial statement Tuesday after a Multnomah County grand jury indicted Budworth on one count of fourth-degree assault related to an incident that occurred on Aug. 18, 2020.

That night, according to the police union, a group of about 200 demonstrators – many equipped with tactical helmets, faces covered, and armed with a variety of weapons – descended on the Multnomah Building in southeast Portland. Multiple dumpsters were set on fire, buildings were defaced, and windows were broken. A riot soon was declared at the planned event after someone from the crowd launched a Molotov cocktail into the Multnomah Building, setting it ablaze.

Let the shitshow commence.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #453 on: June 17, 2021, 09:04:40 PM »
Should be a hot night in the summer tonight.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #454 on: June 17, 2021, 09:12:14 PM »
This summer could will be "interesting".

I was going to say "in Portland", but on second thought I doubt it'll be limited to that one town.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #455 on: June 17, 2021, 10:37:27 PM »
May you live in interesting times
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #456 on: June 18, 2021, 05:42:24 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #457 on: December 14, 2021, 09:35:26 AM »
More hardships for the Portland police
Of course she's making it a race issue despite the fact they later arrested someone who according to the video below could have been mistaken for Hardesty.

Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty has filed a $5 million lawsuit against the Portland Police Association, the former head of the police union, and an officer after she was falsely implicated in a hit-and-run crash earlier this year.

KATU News receive a copy of the lawsuit, which was filed Monday, from Hardesty's attorneys. As first reported by our news partners at Willamette Week, the suit is seeking $3 million from the police union and $1 million each from former PPA president Brian Hunzeker and officer Kerri Ottoman.

According to the lawsuit, the incident started March 3 when a Bureau of Emergency Communications employee circulated unconfirmed reports that implicated Hardesty in a hit-and-run crash.

“The reported damage to the vehicle was a one-centimeter circle on the white woman’s bumper possibly caused by the license plate screw from the offending driver’s license plates," the lawsuit states. “The white woman identified the car as being a tan Toyota Corolla and ‘swore on her life’ that it was Commissioner Hardesty who had committed the crime.”
Commissioner Hardesty’s lawsuit alleges that PPB employees and PPA members wrongfully leaked false information to right wing media sources and the Oregonian accusing her of engaging in criminal “hit and run” on March 3, 2021. This was done in violation of city policy and state law and with reckless disregard for the truth. Commissioner Hardesty alleges that the leaked false information was racially motived and designed to punish her for her longstanding and public opposition to race discrimination by the Portland Police against communities of color.
Hardesty files $5 mil. lawsuit against Portland police union over false hit-and-run leak
https://katu.com/news/local/hardesty-files-5-mil-lawsuit-against-portland-police-union-over-false-hit-and-run-leak

BREAKING Portland Commissioner Sues Police Association, Officers, and City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzYSc3FCHak
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #458 on: December 30, 2021, 08:07:22 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: December 30, 2021, 10:19:40 AM »
Compare and contrast to what is happening to 06JAN protestors:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-antifa-rioter-charged-assaulting-police-case-dismissed-30-hours-community-service

It's been an interesting case study. 

Axiom: The current government is happy to take political prisoners of conservative protesters. 

I think that statement is defensible with current evidence.  That is deeply concerning.

Should the conservative right ever attempt any serious action - not even revolution, but simply reform to enforce existing constitutional principals - I believe even people unwilling to be involved will be forced to pick a side.  If 0.1% of conservatives made an efforts towards that, the 99.9% would have to either commit fully, or back-peddle as hard as possible hoping that their prior statements, purchases, and lifestyle choices won't target them as political prisoners.  Some percentage wouldn't have a choice - damned if you do, damned if you don't.  For them, the only choice is total commitment or expatriation as political refugees.

It's not inconceivable that all of us on this forum could, at some point, be labeled "domestic terrorists".  And the forum itself an "extremest organization".  That would have sounded highly implausible twenty years ago, but consider that the 06JAN folks have been held for a year.  Their crime?  Making statements and walking around at a place.   =|

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #460 on: December 30, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »
It's not inconceivable that all of us on this forum could, at some point, be labeled "domestic terrorists".  And the forum itself an "extremest organization".  That would have sounded highly implausible twenty years ago, but consider that the 06JAN folks have been held for a year.  Their crime?  Making statements and walking around at a place.   =|

Before someone jumps in with it, yes, there were some knuckleheads that destroyed property at the Capitol, and they should face some punishment, but not decades in jail when this person, who tried to blind people - BLIND people - walks with community service. While 06JAN people who did indeed do nothing more than just walk around are sitting in jail uncharged, charged with felonies, or fined exorbitant amounts.

Not to mention the MSM and big tech involvement that helped to hide the identities of antifa protestors while calling on friends and family to hunt down and turn in 06JAN protestors.

As to being marked as domestic terrorists, I would submit that aforementioned MSM, big tech, and a large group of politicians have already marked people like us as domestic terrorists. If Southern Poverty Law Center or similar were to ever accidently stumble into APS, we would be on the lists they distribute.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #461 on: December 30, 2021, 11:42:41 AM »
Oh, and might should be in the DC thread, but related to what I wrote above, CNN is having an 06JAN extravaganza special. I notice the "special guests" are all dems (I count Liz Cheney as a dem).

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/12/30/merry-insurrectmas-cnn-is-pleased-to-announce-their-upcoming-january-6-commemorative-event-featuring-some-very-special-guests/

It's like a party for these people.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #462 on: December 30, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »
Oh, and might should be in the DC thread, but related to what I wrote above, CNN is having an 06JAN extravaganza special. I notice the "special guests" are all dems (I count Liz Cheney as a dem).

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/12/30/merry-insurrectmas-cnn-is-pleased-to-announce-their-upcoming-january-6-commemorative-event-featuring-some-very-special-guests/

It's like a party for these people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wannsee_Conference
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2022, 03:06:30 PM »
Epic troll  :rofl:

“Antifa” member crashes Portland City Council Meeting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e25KEijR53M
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2022, 07:21:35 AM »
https://thepostmillennial.com/1-dead-5-injured-after-mass-shooting-at-portland-antifa-gathering

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6pjAOGP38

So, armed homeowner, probably defending him/herself against these clowns. He/she zips one, wounds 5 others, and their compatriots won't even think about cooperating with the police?

Sounds like a win/win to me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2022, 08:58:57 AM »
I kept seeing "gathering" used too much.  Gives the impression they were meeting at someone's house when it was nothing of the kind.  And the homeowner was black. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2022, 09:04:54 AM »
So, armed homeowner, probably defending him/herself against these clowns. He/she zips one, wounds 5 others, and their compatriots won't even think about cooperating with the police?

Sounds like a win/win to me.

Came across a video last night where some guy was ranting on about the homeowner will no doubt get away with murder. Only saw maybe 30 seconds before I moved on but he was going on about people getting away with murder while a picture of Rittenhouse was on the screen.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »
I didn't read thoroughly, but I'm guessing the homeowner's only option is to move someplace that doesn't coddle antifa. Otherwise, they'll be looking over their shoulder for the rest of their lives.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #469 on: February 21, 2022, 09:11:16 AM »
And the homeowner was black.

Sooner or later ANTIFA and BLM will start going at each other ala Brownshirts vs SS
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:57:52 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2022, 09:58:59 AM »
Soon or later ANTIFA and BLM will start going at each other ala Brownshirts vs SS

In my opinion, both groups lack the organization and discipline to go very far with anything like that.  It's also why they will ultimately disappear without achieving their goals - goals which are vague, unspecific and nonactionable anyway.  They are essentially emotion-driven rioters who only exist at the behest of local governments who back them with their protection.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2022, 03:07:49 PM »
In my opinion, both groups lack the organization and discipline to go very far with anything like that.  It's also why they will ultimately disappear without achieving their goals - goals which are vague, unspecific and nonactionable anyway.  They are essentially emotion-driven rioters who only exist at the behest of local governments who back them with their protection.

antifa are good at organization and due to lifestyle difficult to infiltrate - like an undercover would have to put up with scabies - have sex with people they wouldn't like to and have to catch herpes or worse to prove their loyalty to the cause - however the discipline part is where you are probably correct, they know how to pull a trigger and buy or acquire a gun - but they are not disciplined enough to be very good at it, however I'm sure there are some veterans in various antifa "affinity groups" which are what they call their cells
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2022, 09:30:02 PM »
 So, from what I saw somewhere-the Portland homeowner who shot antifa is supposed to be a "furry"
I've met a few at Burningman, they're all Bernie voters.
Yet antifa claims the furry homeowner is a NAZI ...
 DOES THIS MEAN HE IS IN THE FURRED REICH?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #473 on: February 24, 2022, 07:08:20 AM »
So, from what I saw somewhere-the Portland homeowner who shot antifa is supposed to be a "furry"
I've met a few at Burningman, they're all Bernie voters.
Yet antifa claims the furry homeowner is a NAZI ...
 DOES THIS MEAN HE IS IN THE FURRED REICH?

You rat *expletive deleted*ck bastard.

I got to that last line and spit coffee on my monitor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2022, 01:25:27 PM »
If you can figure out a way around the paywall, a WSJ article today about gun violence in Seattle:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-cities-surge-in-shootings-rattles-once-safe-seattle-11646589942?mod=itp_wsj&ru=yahoo

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.