Author Topic: Portland ...  (Read 58478 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Portland ...
« Reply #475 on: March 08, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »
If you can figure out a way around the paywall, a WSJ article today about gun violence in Seattle:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-cities-surge-in-shootings-rattles-once-safe-seattle-11646589942?mod=itp_wsj&ru=yahoo

NoScript takes care of the WSJ paywall.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #476 on: May 01, 2022, 06:03:16 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #477 on: May 01, 2022, 07:03:09 PM »
If "they" wanted a violent, lethal response to unprovoked violent attacks by antifa attacks what do you reckon they'd do different?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #478 on: May 01, 2022, 08:05:43 PM »
I really don’t understand how this is allowed. It’s pretty much the definition of fascism and domestic  terrorism. Of course Portland and benefiting Dems so …

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/fbi-dhs-domestic-terrorism-definitions-terminology-methodology.pdf/view

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #479 on: May 02, 2022, 01:27:12 PM »
I really don’t understand how this is allowed. It’s pretty much the definition of fascism and domestic  terrorism. Of course Portland and benefiting Dems so …

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/fbi-dhs-domestic-terrorism-definitions-terminology-methodology.pdf/view

The last time I checked, the party of fascist terrorism is in charge in Portland, and most other large cities, including DC.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #480 on: May 02, 2022, 02:47:40 PM »
If "they" wanted a violent, lethal response to unprovoked violent attacks by antifa attacks what do you reckon they'd do different?
Only place I know of where that actually happened was Kenosha.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2022, 07:50:57 AM »
Doomscrolling this morning I ran across these two tweets about recent "Street Takeovers" (riots) in Portland where ANTIFA was at least present if not leading the riot.

In the first the driver attempts to escape, and fails.  At some point in the escape rioters open fire, hitting the driver and two rioters, one of which died.  The video also shows the rioters approaching the wounded driver once either the van or he was disabled and stopped.  No word on whether they called EMS, or the status of the driver.  To me, this marks a noted escalation of the "street takeover" type riots. In the past drivers that tried to escape were chased a bit, but generally the rioters seemed to get tapped and then play victim.  I guess this group at least wants to engage in combat.  This warrants rethinking how one might react when caught in a traffic jam caused by rioting.  Obviously avoidance is best, but if that fails, remember: Your vehicle is concealment, not cover.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1564564109428985857?s=20&t=oAxq-EHHCL_tlR7YeId8yw

The second is less concerning violence wise, I just thought I'd post the video because of it's resemblance to some kind of Mad Max scene. I guess PDX Antifa runs Bartertown now. 

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1564567852606177280?s=20&t=oAxq-EHHCL_tlR7YeId8yw

*It should be noted that Andy Ngo is a journalist for The Post Millennial that covers far left extremism, and has been attacked by these groups in the past.  He is perhaps not the most unbiased observer of Antifa but has a solid track record for publicizing facts the extremists would prefer to remain on the down low.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2022, 08:25:33 AM »
Gotta give Andy Ngo a lot of props. He as much as has a contract out on his life by the antifas, but continues to report from fascist events. I note that these anti-rascists have on more than one occasion beat up a random Asian man because they thought he was Andy Ngo.

Bartertown is right, and it's not just in Portland.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2022, 08:29:23 AM »

Do their attacks in a solid red state instead of their home turf where self defense isn’t allowed.

Of course if they pulled that Portland *expletive deleted*it in a state like mine it would be much more hazardous to their life and freedom. They tend to pull that stuff in areas they know no charges will result.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2022, 08:36:04 AM »
Do their attacks in a solid red state instead of their home turf where self defense isn’t allowed.

Of course if they pulled that Portland *expletive deleted*it in a state like mine it would be much more hazardous to their life and freedom. They tend to pull that stuff in areas they know no charges will result.

Bit of a tangent, but:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/29/militants-with-assault-weapons-stand-guard-outside-family-friendly-drag-show-in-texas/

Other than the distastefulness of guarding a groomer event, I guess our side can't  say much about armed individuals outside the event, as we do it too (though without covering our faces). Though the sniper overwatch is interesting. I wonder about the legality of that in an urban area. One of the comments mentioned that you can't open carry while masked in Texas. Is that true?

I wonder how much training besides Call of Duty the armed antifa have? They look kinda easy to disarm.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #485 on: August 30, 2022, 09:39:25 AM »
"Family friendly"

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #486 on: August 30, 2022, 02:38:41 PM »
Bit of a tangent, but:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/29/militants-with-assault-weapons-stand-guard-outside-family-friendly-drag-show-in-texas/

Other than the distastefulness of guarding a groomer event, I guess our side can't  say much about armed individuals outside the event, as we do it too (though without covering our faces). Though the sniper overwatch is interesting. I wonder about the legality of that in an urban area. One of the comments mentioned that you can't open carry while masked in Texas. Is that true?

I wonder how much training besides Call of Duty the armed antifa have? They look kinda easy to disarm.

We can pretend to say armed for all or we can designate them as legitimate targets. They are protecting pedophiles and guarding degeneracy. The war is coming and I am not going to be on the side of the child molesters or pretend to care about their rights.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #487 on: August 30, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »
We can pretend to say armed for all or we can designate them as legitimate targets.

Well, they can be both armed AND targets.  =)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #488 on: September 01, 2022, 08:56:33 PM »
He's doing this live
He's showing some of the stuff going on in Portland the MSM isn't showing

Are Street Takeovers a Growing New Trend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvhDQa8HV0
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2023, 07:56:31 AM »
Walmart has had enough

All Portland Walmart stores to close in late March
https://www.kptv.com/2023/02/23/2-portland-walmart-stores-close-march/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2023, 10:55:11 AM »
Unfortunately, this might be the only way to get the attention of the people making these policies; or the people voting for it.  All the major business close down and move out since they can't afford to stay in business.  A lot of small businesses are going to be hurt a lot more than Walmart, likely being hurt already.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2023, 11:21:38 AM »
Walmart has had enough

All Portland Walmart stores to close in late March
https://www.kptv.com/2023/02/23/2-portland-walmart-stores-close-march/

Kind of a bummer but at least only 5-6 cashiers will be out of work total.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2023, 11:37:54 AM »
Unfortunately, this might be the only way to get the attention of the people making these policies; or the people voting for it.  All the major business close down and move out since they can't afford to stay in business.  A lot of small businesses are going to be hurt a lot more than Walmart, likely being hurt already.
It's about time for some of the usual suspects to start making noises about forcing businesses to locate stores in their cities, or forcing them to keep existing stores open.

It's happened in other places over the years, but AFAIK these efforts have always failed due to being blatantly illegal.

But it doesn't stop them from trying.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #493 on: March 11, 2023, 07:42:29 AM »
Nike

PORTLAND Ore. (KPTV) - Mayor Ted Wheeler is asking Nike to reconsider opening its neighborhood community store in Northeast Portland on a limited basis, after they shuttered the doors late last year.

While Nike never cited a specific reason for the closure, in a statement last month, they said their employees and customers deserved a safe and secure workplace.

Across the street, Comfort Auto & Body Repair owner, Daniel Leveque, said the store dealt with a lot of theft.

“There was a lot of interaction with theft. It started to become more of a daily basis and kind of got out of hand,” Leveque said.
In a letter sent last month, Nike asked the city if they could contract and fully pay for off-duty police officers to act as security to ensure the safety of their employees and customers, saying they needed a solution in place by May 1 this year.

Last week, Wheeler responded in a letter to Nike saying that’s not feasible. He said the bureau is currently understaffed and while they’ve hired new officers, the largest hurdle right now is the backlog of trainees going through the academy.

Maybe you shouldn't have let it get this far Mr. Mayor

https://www.kptv.com/2023/03/04/wheeler-denies-nikes-request-off-duty-officers-security-proposes-neighborhood-detail/?outputType=amp
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2023, 08:53:00 AM »
"Family friendly"
Charles Manson had a "family" . . .

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2023, 10:58:01 AM »
Cracker Barrel pulled out

Cracker Barrel permanently closes remaining Portland metro area restaurants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQvdGvh410
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #496 on: March 24, 2023, 11:13:55 AM »
Cracker Barrel pulled out

Cracker Barrel permanently closes remaining Portland metro area restaurants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQvdGvh410

Well, that's just a white-only restaurant so no harm no foul.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #497 on: April 18, 2023, 01:46:16 PM »
Outdoor goods supplier REI CLOSES its downtown Portland store after being 'overwhelmed' by record-breaking thefts, including Thanksgiving raid - despite spending $800,000 on security last year
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11985749/Outdoor-goods-supplier-REI-closes-Portland-store-overwhelmed-theft.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #498 on: April 18, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »
Dear God!

Last person to leave Portland, be sure to turn off the lights on the way out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #499 on: April 18, 2023, 01:59:07 PM »
Dear God!

Last person to leave Portland, be sure to turn off the lights on the way out.

What lights? They stole them too
- Calvin and Hobbes