Author Topic: Wouldn't it be great if the Dems officially campaigned on...  (Read 936 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
...gun control and defund the police at the same time?

They are clueless enough to do it on their own but is there any way to make sure they do?

The response ads from the Trump campaign would be epic.

Video of protesters attacking people, and burning buildings and looting alongside clips of prominent elected Ds and supporters demanding both gun control and seriously reducing (or eliminating) police budgets.

The voice-over would be something like: "If Pelosi and her friends get their way, this will be your city next. Vote Trump 2020 to put an end to this!"
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Wouldn't it be great if the Dems officially campaigned on...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 11:30:53 AM »
Biden already has a huge gun ban/control plan on his official web page, complete with making semi-auto "assault weapons" NFA items, background checks for ammo sales, mag capacity limits, etc.  Someone convinces him to jump on the defund/dismantle train, and you get your wish.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 11:37:44 AM »
Biden already has a huge gun ban/control plan on his official web page, complete with making semi-auto "assault weapons" NFA items, background checks for ammo sales, mag capacity limits, etc.  Someone convinces him to jump on the defund/dismantle train, and you get your wish.

Do you have a direct link to that? Don't think I could take looking for it on his website right now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 11:41:47 AM »
Do you have a direct link to that? Don't think I could take looking for it on his website right now.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

ETA: I didn't realize there was a "hate crime loophole"

Close the “hate crime loophole.” Biden will enact legislation prohibiting an individual “who has been convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime, or received an enhanced sentence for a misdemeanor because of hate or bias in its commission” from purchasing or possessing a firearm.

Also, here's the defund the police article:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-some-funding-should-absolutely-be-redirected-from-police

Biden interview:

https://youtu.be/KRRYWQraHaE?t=200
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:22:54 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 11:43:15 AM »
Thanks
My tolerance for BS is very low right now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 11:56:50 AM »
Thanks
My tolerance for BS is very low right now.

Yet you still read APS.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 12:14:02 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes